The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

St.Mirren v Ross county 17 nov 2013 Crowd 4205

St.Mirren v Ross County 25 Oct 2014 Crowd 3459

St.Mirren v ICT 7 Dec 2013 Crowd 3305

St.Mirren v ICT 18 Oct 2014 Crowd 3109

Next !! mad.gif flipa.gif

Reckon if we could do 'a Hamilton' and be top of the league at this stage of a season, we could double those home attendance figures.

The difference is they can't.

If only.........

First games against each club.

Direct comparisons. The crowds are down, it's you that must try harder..

I don't believe this is purely down to our form or the manager. I think it's a number of things but they do contribute.

You're the one with the data, not me.

What's the home gate? If the away supports are down - as I'm pretty sure they are - is that Tommy's fault too?

Last season's budget, not this. As pointed out, only Harkins was contracted for this season so the only one who could possibly affect this seasons budget, depending on how the contract was terminated.

His contract would have been terminated by us giving him money to leave. Grainger was contracted for this season too, remember him?

He is utterly clueless and the fans are staying away in no small way because of his signings and tactics. Sick of listening to his interviews after games.....he has to go now!

I'm a season ticket holder and I've not been since the Dundee Utd game , this is about the poorest I've seen us in a long time there is nothing to even indicate we will get better . I'm starting to agree with a few posters its either 11th or 12th for us and I wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off.

I'm a season ticket holder and I've not been since the Dundee Utd game , this is about the poorest I've seen us in a long time there is nothing to even indicate we will get better . I'm starting to agree with a few posters its either 11th or 12th for us and I wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off.

Get down and support your team then....

Can't see any of those teams on show yesterday finishing outside of the bottom two. Both shite in terms of quality all over the park. And whoever finishes in the play off spot WILL go down, not necessarily because they'll be facing a great team, but because they will get f**king robbed by the officials. Hearts or Rangers in a play off, losing?? No way that'll be allowed to happen.

It is not enjoyable to watch us this year. That game was awful, two terrible teams on that park playing poor football. The atmosphere is dire too, the loudest cheers being to boo the team off at full time or shout at Tommy.

Attendances are defo down. It might not be by much but more and more regulars are staying away, yesterday there were free seats in my row and the row in front which are usually ST holders.

Tommy was the wrong appointment in my view, but the board won't change. I have a real concern Ross County will buy again in January.

It is not enjoyable to watch us this year. That game was awful, two terrible teams on that park playing poor football. The atmosphere is dire too, the loudest cheers being to boo the team off at full time or shout at Tommy.

Attendances are defo down. It might not be by much but more and more regulars are staying away, yesterday there were free seats in my row and the row in front which are usually ST holders.

Tommy was the wrong appointment in my view, but the board won't change. I have a real concern Ross County will buy again in January.

If we are still struggling by January then changes must/will be made. The club simply cannot go down. If we do, then it will be tough to get back up.

It would be interesting to know our BOD's thoughts on our poor start. There is no doubt in my mind that if we are as poor by January TC will have to be removed. No managerial change guaruntees success but the cost of relegation v replacing an inept or poor manager has to be considered.

I found the appointment of Craig baffling and Lazy. The guy was in a supporting post and has shown a complete lack of ability and track record. There is generally a reason for that.

Having hired managers and staff before, it is standard practice that at the end of you first quarter performance is reviewed to a set of pre defined criteria. I appreciate that football considers itself above normal legal employment practice. However, by any standard Craig has not been a roaring success.

- His signings have generally been poor

- Results on the park have not been brilliant, yes, we may have lost by the Odd goal, but we have still lost.

- If his skill is in working with and developing players, this has not been obvious (I appreciate this has been a short term issue and time has not yet passed)

Personally, I cant help but feel an opportunity was lost when Lennon's contract was not renewed. If Craig was not being removed then he should have been moved across to work with David Longwell - No Made Manager.

It would also be interesting to hear what the "Deaf, dumb and Blind BOD have to say about this? I appreciate what they have done for the club, however with the attempted sale of 52% of the club they are trying their hardest to undo their good work. Really, who wants to buy something that is quite expensive and not really that good - Do you really want to buy a doer- upper.

Sorry this is bit long and rambly, but I suspect that like many others i'm a bit fed up - and the general malaise stops with Craig and Gilmour - Equally Culpable

I found the appointment of Craig baffling and Lazy. The guy was in a supporting post and has shown a complete lack of ability and track record. There is generally a reason for that.

Having hired managers and staff before, it is standard practice that at the end of you first quarter performance is reviewed to a set of pre defined criteria. I appreciate that football considers itself above normal legal employment practice. However, by any standard Craig has not been a roaring success.

- His signings have generally been poor

- Results on the park have not been brilliant, yes, we may have lost by the Odd goal, but we have still lost.

- If his skill is in working with and developing players, this has not been obvious (I appreciate this has been a short term issue and time has not yet passed)

Personally, I cant help but feel an opportunity was lost when Lennon's contract was not renewed. If Craig was not being removed then he should have been moved across to work with David Longwell - No Made Manager.

It would also be interesting to hear what the "Deaf, dumb and Blind BOD have to say about this? I appreciate what they have done for the club, however with the attempted sale of 52% of the club they are trying their hardest to undo their good work. Really, who wants to buy something that is quite expensive and not really that good - Do you really want to buy a doer- upper.

Sorry this is bit long and rambly, but I suspect that like many others i'm a bit fed up - and the general malaise stops with Craig and Gilmour - Equally Culpable

What he said.

I've never understood why there's this whole idea that a football manager who's under performing to such an extent can't be sacked at no cost to the club.

In any other profession, you'd have targets, objectives, and expectations to achieve. You'd be given warnings if you weren't doing a good job, and ultimately sacked if that continued.

Why should the role of a football manager be any different?

Since our promotion in season 2005 / 2006 we have struggled around the bottom of the league all that time 8 years nothing has really improved while every manager has been hounded out at some point.

Hell knows what the answer is to the problem.

One thing is certain though we have a cancer like virus within the support. Certain players get it while all mangers get it. I just see us as a shrunk club from our days of yester year a small club with a small budget so don't really expect too much though I look at Hamilton with envy at the present time.

Will still be at most games when home and just pray we have a full squad of fit players soon as that's when I will start to judge.

The club seems stale at the moment which 98% of fans not knowing in what direction we are going. New owners or not.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I've never understood why there's this whole idea that a football manager who's under performing to such an extent can't be sacked at no cost to the club.

In any other profession, you'd have targets, objectives, and expectations to achieve. You'd be given warnings if you weren't doing a good job, and ultimately sacked if that continued.

Why should the role of a football manager be any different?

Surely his primary target is to keep us up?

Craig has been set up to fail , he has a threadbare squad , and his experienced players are past their best . He has been given very limited funds to put a squad together , and it could be argued we are doing well to be where we are , given that injuries to experienced players have forced him to field a team of boys each week .

Surely his primary target is to keep us up?

That's the thing with the current board they seem happy just to avoid relegation every season and it's getting very boring watching defeat after defeat after defeat with the odd victory, this season was a great opportunity to try and get into the top 6 or maybe challenge for a European place but again we are trying to avoid relegation!

Craig has been set up to fail , he has a threadbare squad , and his experienced players are past their best . He has been given very limited funds to put a squad together , and it could be argued we are doing well to be where we are , given that injuries to experienced players have forced him to field a team of boys each week .

Don't agree with the set up to fail part, but I agree with the rest.

Our budget is simple. What comes in goes out. There's less coming in than previous years for various factors - no Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, no league sponsor etc etc - so there's less going out.

I do agree that we are doing okay given how unlucky we have been with injuries and how young our team is.

Tommy is here for 2 years may as well accept this and get behind our team. Yes it is frustrating but we are st mirren fans. It will hopefully get better. Mr gilmour and co may be fans but I am beginning to think new owners quick please new blood at the helm and with some money to spend

Don't agree with the set up to fail part, but I agree with the rest.

Our budget is simple. What comes in goes out. There's less coming in than previous years for various factors - no Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, no league sponsor etc etc - so there's less going out.

I do agree that we are doing okay given how unlucky we have been with injuries and how young our team is.

Less supporters !

Less supporters !

Indeed , and carry on as we are doing It will be season ticket holders avoiding games ( if they aren't already ) as well as 'pay by match' supporters.

If you went to a restaurant who continued to serve up poor quality food , you would stop going until they changed the ingredients and chef.

Edited by whydowebother