The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

As a St.Mirren fan who has watched the team home and away, firstly with the Knox St junior supporters club and today with the Cockleswilson St.Mirren Supporters bus, I can honestly say that until the BOD start listening to the fans, sack Tommy Craig and get rid if his sidekicks JG and GT and put all their efforts into getting/putting some investment into the club instead of trying to sell it as priority number 1 I for one will not be back at a game.

If this BOD are finding it hard to get a buyer as a premier club, they should take into consideration of how much less they will get for the club when we are a 1st division team.

Dwindling fans, less revenue= Disaster

The Barry Hearn comments about our top league not having a sponsor puts another angle on how we are still up for sale , no interest in in Scottish football.

Could it be tomorrow perhaps?

Here's hoping !

Would be a welcome surprise , but I can't help but think that Tommy ( perhaps for contractual / financial reasons only ) is 'untouchable.

The boards message was 'it's business as usual' , well they got that right , it's still going downhill.

The Barry Hearn comments about our top league not having a sponsor puts another angle on how we are still up for sale , no interest in in Scottish football.

I honestly feel it's more about a professional sport being run by clueless chancers like Doncaster and many of our clubs by amateur businessmen with appalling PR skills and marketing flair too interested in pandering to their friends and Scotland's pathetic boys club of journalists and ex-player media.

There I've said it ....anyone think I'm close ?

When St Mirren let Danny Lennon's contract expire it was justified on he basis that he hadn't met targets expected of him in the league - when asked for clarification about whether the BoD expected the club to finish in the top 6 they replied that they would like to see us challenge for the top 6 and avoid relegation / play offs more comfortably and it would be nice to go into the split some years knowing we are already safe even if we have't made the top 6.

I find it hard to believe that there is nothing in TC's contract about performance or targets or how he represents the club in the media.

Someone's been tampering with Wiki...

St. Mirren manager Danny Lennon appointed Craig as first team coach on 22 July 2011.[8] Craig was part of the coaching team that won the 2012–13 Scottish League Cup with St. Mirren.[9] On 13 May 2014 Craig was appointed as St. Mirren manager, following the departure of Danny Lennon.[9] Immediately after taking the job, Craig would then includes two players as his coaching team, Jim Goodwin and Gary Teale.[9] On December 2, after a 4-0 loss to Inverness C.T,[10] Tommy Craig lost any ounce of dignity he had left by failing to resign as manager.

I'd normally insert a laughing smilie at this point but I really don't have any left.

Let's just assume for a moment that the majority of fans want a 'Community' owned club, which in today's market is one of the favoured options as to where it could finish up. To achieve that, it it would appear the only way that might come to fruition is to pay the directors what they want to sell their shares.

Now in any negotiation, they might ask for their perfect 'get me out of here' figure in the hope of getting something near that, but at some point they are going to sell. So, if we are to become a 'Community' owned club we will have to put our money where it hurts, into the hands of the shareholders.

Either that, or the shareholders will keep holding on until some mythical party comes along that is attracted to the idea of 'owning' a relatively low key mid-ranking Scottish football club.............................. they best not hold their collective breaths!

Whatever happens, no matter who owns the club, or ultimately runs it, Saints are going to have to continue to survive on the breadline:

1. There is no money at present (or in the foreseeable future) in Scottish football to support quality players, or a profitable football business (unless you have a large fan base).

2. Under a community owned set up we would have to run the club as a non-loss making venture.

3. The only way we can make any sizeable amounts of money is to keep developing a youth set-up and hope that it turns out at least one player every two to three years that can be sold.

I fear that the state of limbo we are in suits no-one. The BoD's, the fans, the players and the management are all disillusioned.

My main fear for a community based model, is who with the right business sense is going to run, lead and manage this organisation and take the difficult decisions such as sacking the manager or weighing up the financial downsides of not sacking the manager. Yes we all believe we, as fans, have a collective knowledge of how things could be done better, but in the cold light of day it's not as easy as some would like to think.

In saying the above, I'm certainly not supporting the Manager, nor am I trying to be sympathetic to the Board, all I'm saying is that the state of nothingness that exists at present is permeating all the way down the club and is reflected on the field as much as it is off the field.

What's the answer....................... some fan needs to win the Euro millions jackpot, otherwise, we're stuck!mad.gif

Aye.

Must agree that the weirdest aspect of all those wanting "a change of ownership" is the ridiculous assumption that any change would also immediately bring investment for a new striker, centre half, manager and doubtless a Messiah, too.

Like getting rid of DL, prospects can go down as well as up..... :unsure:

Edited by bluto

Let's just assume for a moment that the majority of fans want a 'Community' owned club, which in today's market is one of the favoured options as to where it could finish up. To achieve that, it it would appear the only way that might come to fruition is to pay the directors what they want to sell their shares.

Now in any negotiation, they might ask for their perfect 'get me out of here' figure in the hope of getting something near that, but at some point they are going to sell. So, if we are to become a 'Community' owned club we will have to put our money where it hurts, into the hands of the shareholders.

Either that, or the shareholders will keep holding on until some mythical party comes along that is attracted to the idea of 'owning' a relatively low key mid-ranking Scottish football club.............................. they best not hold their collective breaths!

Whatever happens, no matter who owns the club, or ultimately runs it, Saints are going to have to continue to survive on the breadline:

1. There is no money at present (or in the foreseeable future) in Scottish football to support quality players, or a profitable football business (unless you have a large fan base).

2. Under a community owned set up we would have to run the club as a non-loss making venture.

3. The only way we can make any sizeable amounts of money is to keep developing a youth set-up and hope that it turns out at least one player every two to three years that can be sold.

I fear that the state of limbo we are in suits no-one. The BoD's, the fans, the players and the management are all disillusioned.

My main fear for a community based model, is who with the right business sense is going to run, lead and manage this organisation and take the difficult decisions such as sacking the manager or weighing up the financial downsides of not sacking the manager. Yes we all believe we, as fans, have a collective knowledge of how things could be done better, but in the cold light of day it's not as easy as some would like to think.

In saying the above, I'm certainly not supporting the Manager, nor am I trying to be sympathetic to the Board, all I'm saying is that the state of nothingness that exists at present is permeating all the way down the club and is reflected on the field as much as it is off the field.

What's the answer....................... some fan needs to win the Euro millions jackpot, otherwise, we're stuck!mad.gif

On a wider perspective, St Mirren are a toiling wee club in a toiling wee environment , Scottish football. There is hee haw cash about , there is hee haw appeal about the product and the obvious question is who wopuld want to buy a team that exists in an environment that , let's face it, is gash. The Main League , the creme de la creme of the game in Scotland does not even have a sponsor ffs. The game is rapidly becoming more like ( with all due respect ) the football league in Ireland. I mean synthetic surfaces now are all over the place, cos clubs cannae afford a groundsman and we try to get wee games in the community up and running to bolster the clubs funding.

There we have it ................Macroeconomic Doomsville.

We had 10000 hours willing to organise all of this but the BoD rejected the offer. We have lost out on a range of community based initiatives, not to mention the fans bar which Kibble were all set to provide and run. Missed opportunity.

While it was a missed opportunity, there were also many flaws to the bid.

Plenty of people keep banging the fan ownership scheme drum but I've yet to see anyone, or a group of people, develop a proposal for ownership post 10000 hours.

We had 10000 hours willing to organise all of this but the BoD rejected the offer. We have lost out on a range of community based initiatives, not to mention the fans bar which Kibble were all set to provide and run. Missed opportunity.

Do you really believe it would have worked.