The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

There's no way he should be allowed anymore money to waste on players like Marwood, Caldwell, Ball, Drury, Plummer etc. the transfer window with him selecting players will only make things much worse. We need a change of manager today. I can't put up with this anymore.

I agree mad.gif

If only the BoD had sold to the fans when they had the offer. More fans had agreed to set up DD of at least £10 per month than was set it in the proposal by 10000 hours. The only section that was slow to come forward were those being asked to pay for a life membership in the 1877 club. Aside from that the will and the cash was in place.

Definite OG by the BoD!

If only the BoD had sold to the fans when they had the offer. More fans had agreed to set up DD of at least £10 per month than was set it in the proposal by 10000 hours. The only section that was slow to come forward were those being asked to pay for a life membership in the 1877 club. Aside from that the will and the cash was in place.

Definite OG by the BoD!

Thank fuck the BoD DIDN'T sell to the fans!

The lunatics would have taken over the asylum!

I hope to god that St. Mirren never suffers from fan ownership.

For one day only I am a huge St Johnstone fan. It pains me to say this but this is where we're at now - I genuinely hope that for the long term good of the club they hump us 3, 4 skud. The worst case scenario is that we get a creditable draw or God forbid scrape a win (we won't) as that will give BoD and Chaz Young et al fuel to the fire that TC can turn things around. I realise we've moved on as fans (right?) but memories of another St Johnstone game back in 92 or so (?) where we drew 0-0 I think, memory is fading, was followed by a rip roaring session of 'Bone must go' and even a cheeky front of stadium protest. Achieves nothing but that may be me this weekend.

The board as yet (it seems) have failed to listen to the fans concerns/wishes regarding the (guy posing as a ) `manager`.

Call it an electronic `Protest` ?

All day tomorrow & Friday we could between 8am- 5pm and Saturday up until kick off dial Tel: (0141) 889-2558 and all ask the same questions

Has Tommy gone yet ? Why is Tommy still our manager ?

The girls will then of course inform our chairman (probably by text as the phone line will be busy ) that they are unable to function due to the high number of calls regarding Tommy.

So , several hundred people ringing (whenever you can during the day , as many times as you like ) asking the questions may get the message across ?

However please be patient , it may be engaged , do keep trying :P

Thank fuck the BoD DIDN'T sell to the fans!

The lunatics would have taken over the asylum!

I hope to god that St. Mirren never suffers from fan ownership.

I assume you know that fan ownership doesn't mean the fans picking the team or new players. Fan ownership means no one can load debt onto the club for their personal gain (can you think of any clubs where that happened?).

So fan ownership is about being part of the community and ensuring we all have an interest in the club doing well. How can that be worse than what we have now?

I assume you know that fan ownership doesn't mean the fans picking the team or new players. Fan ownership means no one can load debt onto the club for their personal gain (can you think of any clubs where that happened?).

So fan ownership is about being part of the community and ensuring we all have an interest in the club doing well. How can that be worse than what we have now?

That's all fine buddy but what happens in times of cash flow problems. This year the board gave a 100K interest free loan to tide us over. Anyways, back on topic... has he gone yet?

That's all fine buddy but what happens in times of cash flow problems. This year the board gave a 100K interest free loan to tide us over. Anyways, back on topic... has he gone yet?

What was wrong with the 10000Hours proposal was that they were willing to pay the consortium £2m for 51% ownership of the business. The business has seldom made an operating profit over the last 14 years and has struggled to break even. Valuing that at £4m is bonkers.

If the subscriptions being paid by members of 10000hours were being used properly there would be a fund that the club could have drawn down upon in the event of cash flow problems.

For any other owner of course there's always Ticketus :rolleyes:

What was wrong with the 10000Hours proposal was that they were willing to pay the consortium £2m for 51% ownership of the business. The business has seldom made an operating profit over the last 14 years and has struggled to break even. Valuing that at £4m is bonkers.

If the subscriptions being paid by members of 10000hours were being used properly there would be a fund that the club could have drawn down upon in the event of cash flow problems.

For any other owner of course there's always Ticketus rolleyes.gif

That's not a bad idea, they'll give money to any f**ked up football club...

And there's not many clubs as f**ked up as ours is right now...

A nice wee legal document written on the back of a fag coupon should do the trick...

Why wouldn't it be interest free? If they've budgeted properly then there's no hit to take. If not, then well they've set the price, they've failed to sell and they ultimately take the hit. Just as, had 10000 hours taken over , the fans group would have needed to understand cashflow long before thinking about paying transfer fees or allocating extra to the playing budget for free transfers.

Why wouldn't it be interest free? If they've budgeted properly then there's no hit to take. If not, then well they've set the price, they've failed to sell and they ultimately take the hit. Just as, had 10000 hours taken over , the fans group would have needed to understand cashflow long before thinking about paying transfer fees or allocating extra to the playing budget for free transfers.

I never said it should bear interest, or that the board should be seen as some sort of heroes due to providing this facility. Perhaps my point was rather subtle in that had it been under fan ownership... what would the fan owners have done? Stumped up £100 each? and if a few couldn't / wouldn't where would the club be.

I never said it should bear interest, or that the board should be seen as some sort of heroes due to providing this facility. Perhaps my point was rather subtle in that had it been under fan ownership... what would the fan owners have done? Stumped up £100 each? and if a few couldn't / wouldn't where would the club be.

Well, speaking from past experience down south, that is the difficult bit. Indeed, it's the bit I'd like to see SMISA answer too. Tough to guarantee anything, maybe some fans would come forward with a large donation that would spark the whole "it's one vote each, nobody should get more" debate and the whole thing would eat itself to pieces before it gets a chance.

Well, speaking from past experience down south, that is the difficult bit. Indeed, it's the bit I'd like to see SMISA answer too. Tough to guarantee anything, maybe some fans would come forward with a large donation that would spark the whole "it's one vote each, nobody should get more" debate and the whole thing would eat itself to pieces before it gets a chance.

It's not difficult at all. The income from the football club should be used to run the football club, the subscriptions from members should be held in a fund to be used for community interest programmes that will expand the business interests, and which would provide a fall back to any part of the organisation that has a cash flow issue.

The problem with the 10000Hours model was that the member subs were to be used to pay a ridiculously inflated price for a business that never turns a profit so that five individuals could walk away having profited from the sale of their shares. I suppose in that situation at least the 10000hours group would have been able to fall back on REA's wealth for interest free loans if needed - after all it wouldn't have been in his interests to see the club go bust - but the flaw in the project was the inflated price of the shares.

It's not difficult at all. The income from the football club should be used to run the football club, the subscriptions from members should be held in a fund to be used for community interest programmes that will expand the business interests, and which would provide a fall back to any part of the organisation that has a cash flow issue.

The problem with the 10000Hours model was that the member subs were to be used to pay a ridiculously inflated price for a business that never turns a profit so that five individuals could walk away having profited from the sale of their shares. I suppose in that situation at least the 10000hours group would have been able to fall back on REA's wealth for interest free loans if needed - after all it wouldn't have been in his interests to see the club go bust - but the flaw in the project was the inflated price of the shares.

Good grief, one second you say it's not difficult then the next you point out why it is. I was applying lessons learned, nobody has a clue what you were applying. Obviously, once whatever fee is covered for the purchase, you look at applying member subs later on. The initial walk in from the street funding is difficult, just as it was on a more simple level when promoting wrestling. No matter how good 10000 hours was, the announcement of "okay, we've analysed the books and require a float of" would have started the arguments. We know the problem, well Michelle didn't.

As a St.Mirren fan who has watched the team home and away, firstly with the Knox St junior supporters club and today with the Cockleswilson St.Mirren Supporters bus, I can honestly say that until the BOD start listening to the fans, sack Tommy Craig and get rid if his sidekicks JG and GT and put all their efforts into getting/putting some investment into the club instead of trying to sell it as priority number 1 I for one will not be back at a game.

If this BOD are finding it hard to get a buyer as a premier club, they should take into consideration of how much less they will get for the club when we are a 1st division team.

Dwindling fans, less revenue= Disaster