The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

On the radio last night, the pundits (mainly Chick) were saying the fans called for Danny Lennons head and now most want him back, basically implying we are all clueless hypocrits, but the fact is most people who wanted DL out, didn't consider that they might just give the job to his assistant and not even bother with a recruitment search. I for one would have gladly kept Lennon if i knew the alternative was Tommy Craig.

Also, they were saying we as the fans have no right to question the board because they all dipped into their own pockets to save us from going bust. But that doesn't give you unlimited immunity from critisism and as much as we are all thankfull for what they did for the club, they are now just letting the club stumble along aimlessly until they can sell it. Problem is, the value of the club will only drop if we are relegated and need to get rid of our only players worth any transfer fee on the cheap.

On the radio last night, the pundits (mainly Chick) were saying the fans called for Danny Lennons head and now most want him back, basically implying we are all clueless hypocrits, but the fact is most people who wanted DL out, didn't consider that they might just give the job to his assistant and not even bother with a recruitment search. I for one would have gladly kept Lennon if i knew the alternative was Tommy Craig.

Also, they were saying we as the fans have no right to question the board because they all dipped into their own pockets to save us from going bust. But that doesn't give you unlimited immunity from critisism and as much as we are all thankfull for what they did for the club, they are now just letting the club stumble along aimlessly until they can sell it. Problem is, the value of the club will only drop if we are relegated and need to get rid of our only players worth any transfer fee on the cheap.

Spot on - particularly the first part. If you'd told most fans the alternative to Lennon was Craig they'd have been happy with the status quo - and that's before this utter clusterf**k of a season.

Craig's going nowhere. It's the same as last season. After every bad result you check the internet waiting on the statement about him being booted but you know deep down it won't come. It's utterly ridiculous. It's as bad and demoralising as the Coughlin era where it's a case of how many we'll be beaten by every week.

If he does go it'll be one/a combination of Teale, Thompson and Goodwin. We're now at the stage where they couldn't possibly be any worse and would probably give the fans a lift.

Spot on - particularly the first part. If you'd told most fans the alternative to Lennon was Craig they'd have been happy with the status quo - and that's before this utter clusterf**k of a season.

Craig's going nowhere. It's the same as last season. After every bad result you check the internet waiting on the statement about him being booted but you know deep down it won't come. It's utterly ridiculous. It's as bad and demoralising as the Coughlin era where it's a case of how many we'll be beaten by every week.

If he does go it'll be one/a combination of Teale, Thompson and Goodwin. We're now at the stage where they couldn't possibly be any worse and would probably give the fans a lift.

I was never an advocate of giving the job to Teale/Goodwin/Thommo because they are completely inexperienced. But it has reached the stage where they literally couldn't do any worse, and if we can't afford to sack TC and he won't walk then the only alternative is to put him on gardening leave and give the managers job to someone already on the wage bill.

At least Teale/Goodwin/Thommo would inspire a bit of believe in the players and be able to motivate them even if they aren't experienced enough to be tactical masterminds. It could be just enough to keep us up if we do it now while we're are still (unbelievably) within touching distance of 10th place. Also, do it before january and hopefully they can use their contacts in the game to get some half decent loan players in.

I'll be there on Saturday, but because I've already paid my money rather than because I want to be. Tommy Craig is clueless, unfortunately. I'm not one to call for a manager's head, but there's always a first time, and that time is now. We'd be better off without a manager, let the players manage themselves, with all the fights and arguments that would bring. At present we have no fight.

The life has been sucked out of the team, and also from the support. We need a new manager. Someone different. Unproven would do me, young and keen to make a name for himself. What we have now is a manager who's proven to be a failure as a manager previously, now reaffirming that assessment spectacularly.

Bring on the torture on Saturday - at least it's preparing my boy for what it's like being a Saints supporter for life. The bad times are never far away.

Pretty much summarises the (unread) text I sent into 80295 last night. I was shocked at the lengths wee blue nose went to in order to defend TC (although he did back track a bit after the game). It is really as if we have no right to voice our disgust and that we are all too thick to know what's happening, and we should just take it. The other point is, if you look at teams, they all sort of reflect the manager's personality. This is true of us in the past and of most other teams now as well. Which is why we play a timid, weak and generally invisible form of football.

Totally agree. Give me a choice of Danny Lennon or Tommy Craig then I would pick lennon every time. However, that should never have been the option, the option should have been a fresh start.

The fact that we are not yet cut adrift at the bottom is probably what's saving tommys skin. Obviously it won't be long before that's the case as we will be lucky to score a goal never mind win under tommys leadership. Something that always bothered me about him, and he's not alone in this, is that he doesn't seem to grasp that football is about winning, not just coaching. He should be nurturing young players as he seems to do ok in that dept, but once he steps up to the level where winning is everything then he fails every time. Someone in the mould of Alex Neil at Hamilton who has struck a great balance between tactics and grit would have been ideal for a team like us. Following St Mirren will bring dark periods. We all know that. But where is the fight to get that ball in the opposition net and scrap for every ball? because that's what we need right now. Oh, and someone to keep the ball out would be nice too!

Genuinely , i feel a great deal of sympathy for both TC and SG in all this.........it's ugly, it's embarassing, it's spiteful, there is vitriol , there is dismay and anger all around

TC , was offered the gig , took it, was he supposed to say no ?? He was always going to try , he was always going to believe , as all football types always do !

SG, despertate to leave and hyper fiscally prudent through and through, for obvious reasons , offered the post and crossed his fingers.

Result ..........as with most things in life, you get what you pay for........just as you sow you shall reap , blah de blah de f**kin blah ............ it's true enough though , and it is now one utter shambles................................proves that despite temptation, there is no substitute for due diligence and a proper assessment before making decisions on a new manager.

SG made a serious error ( don't suppose he needs telling ) and I'm afraid he is now paying in spadefulls. I'd love to know just what detail the BoD went to, just what shape discussions took ( if any ) about their choice of manager. In hindsight it's clear to see that their decision was fair on absolutely no one., not TC , BoD , St Mirren , the fans.

It is an utter f**kin shame for all involved.....................this season has been coming , but in all honesty, never quite saw it unravel as it has............ it is all the club's own making. No hard luck story, no cheating by other over spending clubs, no league reorganisation, no dodgy on field decisions ..........it's all our own special brew mellow.png

Oh and in case I forget ................Merry Christmas when it comes to one and all Budz nologo.gif

Re the bold bit. Everyone who reads this forum was well warned. DL's replacement was only ever going to be a same-as or cheaper option

who did people think would have done a better job on less than the reputedly worst-paid premiership manager?

Danny certainly made mistakes in last year's window, but the late season form showed just how much he had learned in what must have been the toughest moments of his career.

The very fact that danny's contract was timed out rather than cancelled was the biggest sign you could find that this was always about money.

The comments last night about selecting players that he knew wouldn't be competitive is tantamount to gross misconduct for me. He's more or less admitting he's purposefully not trying to get the team to perform to the best of it's ability. Surely such actions could get a guy the bag without need to compensation?

He's more or less goading the Board to sack him

He knows he's not up to it but wants money due to him

2 year deal?????????????? something fishy going on

Re the bold bit. Everyone who reads this forum was well warned. DL's replacement was only ever going to be a same-as or cheaper option

who did people think would have done a better job on less than the reputedly worst-paid premiership manager?

Danny certainly made mistakes in last year's window, but the late season form showed just how much he had learned in what must have been the toughest moments of his career.

The very fact that danny's contract was timed out rather than cancelled was the biggest sign you could find that this was always about money.

In that case.. why get rid of Lennon? They surely didn't genuinly believe Tommy Craig with pretty much no management record at the age of 62 was going to do a better job than Lennon had done.

Why anyone listens to Chick Young I don't know. Haven't ever seen him at an AGM. Doesn't go to all Saints games.He just thinks he is everyone's pal. If you listen to his interviews never poses any awkward questions. Richard Gordon just constantly mocks him for being a so called Saints fan. Utterly embarrassing.

The time to do something was at the AGE but those present bottled out.Only the chairman of SMISA voted against the 're election of the Directors, the rest of you sat on your hands ,so don t come on here and moan about the board,it's too late.

What a lot of utter drivel, for the most part of their tenure the current board have done a great job of keeping the club solvent and in giving us a modern stadium (personally I preferred the old one but it was going to start costing serious money ,which we didn't have, in up-keep) and got us a new training facility. Had we not voted in the current board who would be the new board members that would have stood for election and what would they do after the selling consortium finally sold their shares?

All that said they have made an arse of the TC appointment!!

It's now beyond doubt, he must go he is past the point of no return.

Surely the only consideration by the BOD is how to do it and not if we do it?

There isn't any reasonable supporter out there bar TC (Lex) that thinks we will come good. The BOD must be of the same opinion.

The time to do something was at the AGE but those present bottled out.Only the chairman of SMISA voted against the 're election of the Directors, the rest of you sat on your hands ,so don t come on here and moan about the board,it's too late.

You do talk pish mate... you weren't even there, or you are blind. They hold 52% of the vote... pointless.

Anyhoo...

I suspect that it was a 2 year low-wage deal Tommy got.

What's all this shite about " put him on Gardening leave"? Feck that! Sack him without compensation and tell him to defend his 'record' (gross incompetence) in court! We did it to Tom Hendrie, who was Mourinho compared to TC FFS!.

JUST SACK HIM.... NO COMPO.... SEE YOU IN COURT!

Edited by Vambo57

What an utter embarrassment on the main BBC Lunchtime News showing the shocking defending for the goals.Highlighting that we had only 73 fans there.Stating that Craig's position is in doubt(as it surely is).The Board have to make a decision today in an effort to save our season and our future.Our support is clearly dwindling by the minute.