Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Why this talk of liquidation? We've no really got any debt. There are plenty teams in worse much shape than us...

Bit of investment on the matchday experience - bit of improvement on the park and we could see our wee stadium full every week. Large population in Paisley. Just need to get them through the gates.

Am I the only one who doesn't want new owners to splash the cash?

By all means improve the matchday experience and try some innovative marketing ideas but we should not be paying transfer fees or inflated wages.

Supermarkets ain't buying land any more so we aren't going to hit that lottery win again.

No you're not alone.

I don't want the new owners spending money on players either.

IMO our youth policy is fabulous and we should stick with it.

We should only spend what we bring in, once we've put 10% away for a rainy day.

That would see us in good shape financially and with a financial safety net.

Anything else is just madness.

Why?

Survive & thrive is a perfectly acceptable & likely outcome while recognising the risks that may come with new owners- whatever shape that may take & direction it goes.

It's like the last 20 years simply didn't happen.

Either that or fans simply have a desire to re-learn painful lessons. 1eye.gif

Why this talk of liquidation? We've no really got any debt. There are plenty teams in worse much shape than us...

Bit of investment on the matchday experience - bit of improvement on the park and we could see our wee stadium full every week. Large population in Paisley. Just need to get them through the gates.

Absolutely, need a freshness, team on the pitch and people would show up.

We have no rainy day fund either. That means that when crowds drop like in the last few weeks we make a loss that only a directors loan can cover.

Without an overdraft and without directors prepared to shore us up, the penny in penny out business model leaves us always at risk of immediate administration as we have no spare cash to pay players in that scenario.

Administration is ALWAYS a month by month risk for clubs like ours.

As for liquidation? That would depend on whether a viable business model could be rescued from the administration process.

It would be naive to assume this simply couldn't happen to us.

Guessing this is the foreign consortium that was trying to purchase Motherwell. I'm sure a few weeks ago they gave Motherwell a week to make up their mind or they would move on to another Scottish club that was up for sale so take it that would be us. Understand they want to show case foreign youngsters no doubt for selling on. Not sure I like the sound of that though need to hear the full details of their plan.

Guessing this is the foreign consortium that was trying to purchase Motherwell. I'm sure a few weeks ago they gave Motherwell a week to make up their mind or they would move on to another Scottish club that was up for sale so take it that would be us. Understand they want to show case foreign youngsters no doubt for selling on. Not sure I like the sound of that though need to hear the full details of their plan.

That sounds good to me. A bit like Watford?

We have no rainy day fund either. That means that when crowds drop like in the last few weeks we make a loss that only a directors loan can cover.

Without an overdraft and without directors prepared to shore us up, the penny in penny out business model leaves us always at risk of immediate administration as we have no spare cash to pay players in that scenario.

Do you know we made a loss? What was it then? What was the budget?

Isn't that the Dundee /Gio Stevano disaster movie script?

Isn't that the Dundee /Gio Stevano disaster movie script?

Hmm, close, only it wasn't exactly youngsters..................Cannigia, Ravanelli and a host of other so called 'celebrity star players'.

One contsant, Rangers still poached a player or two , so what does that tell you..................

Pish!

On BOTH counts. lol.gif

Oh and we don't need a new owner to put money into the club for players.

It's not the 1990's again.

Our youth policy is going along very nicely thanks.

Never said it was for players , is that the reason for the selective quote ya hallagallum ?

I'll be back to point and laugh at you again when it happens ! bye1.gif

No you're not alone.

I don't want the new owners spending money on players either.

IMO our youth policy is fabulous and we should stick with it.

We should only spend what we bring in, once we've put 10% away for a rainy day.

That would see us in good shape financially and with a financial safety net.

Anything else is just madness.

Well, you and I won't agree often but in this case.....

The cheats of the game (The Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee & Killie to name a few) have given fans a sense that it's ok to go down the route of spunking millions to win a fraction back in prize money and get pumped by some Baltic mob in the qualifiers of the Europa League the next July. It's not. We've operated with integrity regarding our finances for as long as a great many on this forum have supported the club and those of us a little bit older can remember why. We don't want to go down that route again.

It's not the money we spend that's the problem IMO. It's the return we get for that outlay. I've no doubt there are better players available for the wages we pay and I'm certain that a different manager would be able to get more from the existing squad we have.

We should absolutely stick with the your policy also. It is definitely bearing fruit. I wouldn't say it's fabulous but it's certainly helps the club survive in fairly troubled times. Selling someone for a million quid wouldn't hurt though!

Edited by DLBud

sorry i disagree, something that is supposed to show adverts to a whole stadium and fails to do so is worse than having nothing,

Could Be Worse ! We could have the Kibble Dude;s & the Bible Thumpers ? These Spiv's with there Spiv view's. Would have taking our Club into Oblivion ?? punk.gif

sorry i disagree, something that is supposed to show adverts to a whole stadium and fails to do so is worse than having nothing,

First and foremost it's a score board and it cost nothing. But if someone wants to spend money on advertising, then that's the clubs gains.

It was never intended to cover the whole stadium, as you well know it's neigh impossible.

You can disagree if you wish.