Dundee V St Mirren Premiership 27/12/14

shull

Douglas McNeil on Twitter saying he thinks Thommo might be out for a while...

Tbh I wouldn't have started Thommo tomorrow anyways regardless of his suspension/injury. I really hope he recovers and rediscover some of the form we know and love, fingers crossed.

I'm feeling strangely optimistic about the game, I'll go for 2-1 saints.

Edited by Stevie88

He scored how many exactly?

He played a blinder and did the best he could... but he should be playing just BEHIND a striker... not wasted as a main striker.

Again I say... you are judging our other strikers on performances in Craigs team... when they were totally starved of service... publicly blamed for his tactical inadequacies, and robbed of all confidence.

I believe in second chances. Don't you?

McLean has scored 3 SPFL goals from Midfield (21 appearances). Ball, Marwood and Caldwell have scored 2 SPFL goals between them as strikers with a combined total of 50 appearances!

Second chance? They have had 50 chances to show what they can do and its amounted to bugger all. As I said the best appearance of anyone playing up front this season has been Mclean. Give him a second chance smile.png when we have 11 players on the park as he looks more likely to score than the other 3 combined.

Edited by Sonny

Dundee manager Paul Hartley: "We have missed Paul McGowan's energy, drive and determination. The wee man hates being out injured.

"He very rarely misses a training session.

"Just to have him around the squad is terrific. His energy about the place is different class. He's been great for us and if we can get him back for Saturday it will be a nice lift."

Dundee have a few players back today just our luck.

Always felt we should have held on to Gowser obviously he has made a big impact at Dundee. Still we can't turn back the clock.

Thommo is a big miss and very worrying the injury is coming back. Hope we have striker earmarked for the January window.

Can't see us winning but I'd be more than happy to get a point and off the bottom of the table, hope to god we have a striker in on the 1st of January just to give us some hope as it's clear what we have can't cut it, fingers crossed we turn up today and surprise a few folk, including me

FFS!

Now the strikers we have in the squad aren't even deemed good enough to start when we have nobody else?

What a f**king joke we've turned into.

We are recovering from being a joke. The team have plenty of energy and pace about them to worry Dundee.

Pace and energy notwithstanding Kendo we still need to put one in the back of the net.

Agreed, but having been at the Motherwell game the 10 men who played in this formation turned in a fantastic performance and were extremely unlucky to have been denied a couple by the officials. I think that they deserve another run out.