Dundee V St Mirren Premiership 27/12/14

shull

Commentator: "Dundee had won 8 of their last 9 encounters with St Mirren".

No they hadn't. That's only at Dens Park, and goes back to the days of Jimmy Bone.

The fact is, both sides have got near identical records against each other over that time period.

Sorry to live in the past, but having previously compared John McGinn to Archie Gemmill, my first reaction on seeing Stephen Mallan's goal was to compare it to wee Archie's goal for Scotland against Holland and also my second thought was to ask have we unearthed another Tommy Bryceland?

That has got to be the SPFL goal of the season.

How will we know ?

Most of the Championship, League 1 and League 2 urnae televised.

Just been reading the comments of the delusional Dundee fans on pie&bovril .What a shower of wankers they are. One guy actually said that young Mallans goal was not a contender for goal of the season, due to poor defending ! It's actually hilarious to read how we only win because the opposition had a poor game. Nothing to do with us handing them arse on a plate. GIRUY springs to mind. :)

Sorry to live in the past, but having previously compared John McGinn to Archie Gemmill, my first reaction on seeing Stephen Mallan's goal was to compare it to wee Archie's goal for Scotland against Holland and also my second thought was to ask have we unearthed another Tommy Bryceland?

That has got to be the SPFL goal of the season.

I agree. It made me think of Archie's goal but I agree even more with the comparison to Tommy Bryceland. TB often went on mazy runs like that and by the looks of young Mallan he's about the height and build of Tommy. An added bonus with TB on that kind of run was the number of penalties and free kicks he won us that were food and drink for Davy Lapsley and later Ian Riddell. A quite sensational goal and what a prospect.

Watching the highlights and we looked very good going forward. Mallans goal is just superb, winning the ball and driving forward is what we've lacked for a long time.

Looked like a very healthy away support so well done to all who went

That's the dundee fans behind the goals as the Derry end was closed we where in the main stand

Only 470 st mirren fans

Just been reading the comments of the delusional Dundee fans on pie&bovril .What a shower of wankers they are. One guy actually said that young Mallans goal was not a contender for goal of the season, due to poor defending ! It's actually hilarious to read how we only win because the opposition had a poor game. Nothing to do with us handing them arse on a plate. GIRUY springs to mind. smile.png

Their lack of ability to cope with basic English makes it all the more amusing.

That's the dundee fans behind the goals as the Derry end was closed we where in the main stand

Only 470 st mirren fans

only 470 St Mirren fans ?

I think that's an exceptional away support bearing in mind our current form and the length of the journey

St Johnstone are on a very good run and wouldn,t take that sort of away support to Paisley , Don,t think either of the Dundee teams would take that to Paisley if they were bottom of the league.

A, rare, enjoyable game yesterday, not many Saints fans there but those who were certainly showed how to support the team.

The result didn't flatter us in any way, we played controlled quality football.

Fingers crossed this continues, still a long way to go.

Thank you Stan Park.

What a day yesterday. Pre-match pints with my 3 Dee supporting mates and my converted Wolves/Saints supporting pal, watching The Rangers getting pumped. Into Dens for a really enjoyable game, with Saints fans huddled into the corner of the stand, making a great noise and lapping it all up. Taking in 3 Saints goals, Mallan's incredible effort leading to me losing my specs and bunnet(returned to me by kind fellow Buds after the frenzied celebrations). Cheering the team off at the end, followed by the majority of us hurling gloating abuse at wee ned Hartley and cheating twat Kevin Thompson as they trudged past us towards the tunnel. Post match pints with my Dee pals, dissecting our glorious victory and 'that' goal. Sometimes being a Saints fan is actually a very enjoyable experience. Bring on the Killie!!