Transfer News

If we get a decent offer for McLean he is gone. We are not a club who could knock back £250k. It would also give us a chance to reinvest. I just hope GT has a plan in place of this happens. I also feel it would be unfair to stand in Kenny's way

There is a difference between a club in debt who need to sell players and a club who has no debt and does not need to sell.

You want to sell Kenny well under value at £250,000.

Can I ask who is better than Kenny for £250,000 ?

You can't take your best player out replace him with inferior and expect to stay in the top flight in the position we are in.

Like a good few other buddies on this forum have been following Saints since the 60's. Have seen us relegated more than I care to remember.

Most of our teams who went down in the past had no fight , no sprit.

This team at least has fight and spirit which is one of the main ingredients to beat off relegation.

Of course it has been a shocking season and we all feel the pain. However a fighting chance we have.

I for one see us winning on Friday night. We will lose some games but I think we can pick up enough p[points to survive and no more.

There is a difference between a club in debt who need to sell players and a club who has no debt and does not need to sell.

You want to sell Kenny well under value at £250,000.

Can I ask who is better than Kenny for £250,000 ?

You can't take your best player out replace him with inferior and expect to stay in the top flight in the position we are in.

Like a good few other buddies on this forum have been following Saints since the 60's. Have seen us relegated more than I care to remember.

Most of our teams who went down in the past had no fight , no sprit.

This team at least has fight and spirit which is one of the main ingredients to beat off relegation.

Of course it has been a shocking season and we all feel the pain. However a fighting chance we have.

I for one see us winning on Friday night. We will lose some games but I think we can pick up enough p[points to survive and no more.

I am not saying we will get anyone better with the money but can be used in other areas in the team meaning McGinn would have to step up. Be realistic how much do you think it will take for our board to accept I suspect not much more than I am suggesting

There is no way we would accept 250k, how much would relegation cost us?

If Thompson comes back and McLean stays we will stay up, and comfortably too I reckon. Any bid would need to be over 750k to make it worthwhile, its too risky.

I am not saying we will get anyone better with the money but can be used in other areas in the team meaning McGinn would have to step up. Be realistic how much do you think it will take for our board to accept I suspect not much more than I am suggesting

Div is no bull shitter and has access to quality sources. For sure the Argentine consortium are taking over the club. That's why the board are so quiet. With the Argentine returning to his homeland this week I would expect the deal will be finalized before the end of the week.

Who knows maybe a couple of duff South American premadonas might be here before the window closes.

Div is no bull shitter and has access to quality sources. For sure the Argentine consortium are taking over the club. That's why the board are so quiet. With the Argentine returning to his homeland this week I would expect the deal will be finalized before the end of the week.Who knows maybe a couple of duff South American premadonas might be here before the window closes.

...and if the Argentinians take over, and if we immediately see a handful of Latin players touch down at the St Mirren player transfer lounge, and IF a puppet Latin manager is shoved in place of Teale, then I'm out.

Tick tock and all that. Others may not feel the same way, everyone is entitled to their view.

Tick tock and all that. Others may not feel the same way, everyone is entitled to their view.

...and if the Argentinians take over, and if we immediately see a handful of Latin players touch down at the St Mirren player transfer lounge, and IF a puppet Latin manager is shoved in place of Teale, then I'm out.

Pozbaird I have a season ticket and will give till the end of the season. However like you I feel my day's following Saints are numbered. At this time if the deal goes through just feel this is not the club I have supported all my life. Can't get my head round being owned by people on the other side of the world who won't attend many if any games. Can't watch them on TV.

Just can't understand why the board have went down this road.

Is it a case of enough is enough and if things goes tits up the fans will get the club for a song.

Really at a lose end getting my head round this.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

@ScottBurns75: @OfficialRUFC boss Steve Evans was at @stmirren game on Saturday but will NOT be making moves for John McGinn or Kenny McLean.

He was probably only here for the Mark Yardley Breakfast at Buddie Good Food. Not the sveltest of folk:

Don't see the point in selling Mclean for 250k this window even IF the Argentine's do buy the club!

If he continues to show the form he has we could make more than that in the next transfer window!

Given the fact he is currently our best player and our most consistent striker just now! It would be mad to sell unless the bid exceeds 700k!

As for a team of south American's coming to the club before window slams shut doubtful!

If a player comes from outside europe they need a EU work visa and that can take 14 working day's to issue!

I think Kenny still has a year on his contact? And if he doesn't we are entitled to a development fee!

So selling Kenny and getting relegated because we had no time left in the Tranafer window to use any proceeds from the sale would cost the club more than 250k in the long term!

Steven Mallan contract exstension is insurance on an asset and makes sense again whether the current board or the Argies easy decision!

And the last point is if the Argentine's want to sell Kenny why is that holding up the sale?

IF THEY WANT TO SELL EASIER IF THEY OWN THE CLUB I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!

Don't see the point in selling Mclean for 250k this window even IF the Argentine's do buy the club!

If he continues to show the form he has we could make more than that in the next transfer window!

Given the fact he is currently our best player and our most consistent striker just now! It would be mad to sell unless the bid exceeds 700k!

As for a team of south American's coming to the club before window slams shut doubtful!

If a player comes from outside europe they need a EU work visa and that can take 14 working day's to issue!

I think Kenny still has a year on his contact? And if he doesn't we are entitled to a development fee!

So selling Kenny and getting relegated because we had no time left in the Tranafer window to use any proceeds from the sale would cost the club more than 250k in the long term!

Steven Mallan contract exstension is insurance on an asset and makes sense again whether the current board or the Argies easy decision!

And the last point is if the Argentine's want to sell Kenny why is that holding up the sale?

IF THEY WANT TO SELL EASIER IF THEY OWN THE CLUB I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!

If they hold a spanish or portugese passport, which a lot do, that's unneccessary.

If we get a decent offer for McLean he is gone. We are not a club who could knock back £250k. It would also give us a chance to reinvest. I just hope GT has a plan in place of this happens. I also feel it would be unfair to stand in Kenny's way

what a load of rubbish we are in no debt. Why could we not reject 250k for someone that is minimum value 750k with add Ons.

Wake up mate he has 1 year left on his contract if we're at this stage next January we'd prob need to accept lower than 750k but it's not.

So we are in no rush to lose are main goalscorer when we are in a fight to stay up which we could end up losing out more money by getting relegated

what a load of rubbish we are in no debt. Why could we not reject 250k for someone that is minimum value 750k with add Ons.

Wake up mate he has 1 year left on his contract if we're at this stage next January we'd prob need to accept lower than 750k but it's not.

So we are in no rush to lose are main goalscorer when we are in a fight to stay up which we could end up losing out more money by getting relegated

If a championship team offer us £250k with add ons we will take it. Kenny would also be pushing the club to take it as it he might not get another opportunity. You are dreaming if you believe a club will offer £750k plus add ons. If we get relegated we will be lucky to get £100k

If a championship team offer us £250k with add ons we will take it. Kenny would also be pushing the club to take it as it he might not get another opportunity. You are dreaming if you believe a club will offer £750k plus add ons. If we get relegated we will be lucky to get £100k

If he has any confidence in himself he won't worry about opportunity. He's in the form of his life and has 18 months left, 750k plus should be the minimum we'd look for.

Anybody heard how Latouchent is doing? If he's any good could we bring him in and allow Naismith to move to CH?

Not getting signed

With regards to Kenny McLean , I reckon is far more valuable as a player now , than he was when the Argentinians started negotiating to buy the club , so much so that if selling Kenny is part of the deal , then they might even end up paying more for St Mirren and keeping Kenny to sell at a later date.

Not getting signed

With regards to Kenny McLean , I reckon is far more valuable as a player now , than he was when the Argentinians started negotiating to buy the club , so much so that if selling Kenny is part of the deal , then they might even end up paying more for St Mirren and keeping Kenny to sell at a later date.

Story I've been told is that the Argentinians met the asking price. I find it nearly impossible to believe the English bid was turned down in favour of a deal dependent upon the sale of a player.

Ross County have just completed their 4th purchase during the January transfer window.

They seem to want to stay in the SPFL more than we do.

Or perhaps they are just a much wealthier club with a larger fan base!

It's a sad day when the club from Paisley (population 74,170) can't compete with the club from Dingwall (population 5,491).