Transfer News

Players out the door left, right and centre, Teale finished, Thommo unlikely to be anywhere near 100%, with the one player we have brought in sent off twice in two games. I think it is also fair to say that at least two of the forwards on our books are on borrowed time, with Reilly's contribution seemingly limited to trotting about aimlessly at half time breaks, grinning and waving to a pal in the West Bank. Erm, no permanent manager and a board wanting away who have seemingly completely lost the ability to communicate at all with a dwindling fanbase who haven't seen a solitary home win, while wearing the worst kit since the imfamous bib.

Wow, what the actual fcuk is going on?

Players out the door left, right and centre, Teale finished, Thommo unlikely to be anywhere near 100%, with the one player we have brought in sent off twice in two games. I think it is also fair to say that at least two of the forwards on our books are on borrowed time, with Reilly's contribution seemingly limited to trotting about aimlessly at half time breaks, grinning and waving to a pal in the West Bank. Erm, no permanent manager and a board wanting away who have seemingly completely lost the ability to communicate at all with a dwindling fanbase who haven't seen a solitary home win, while wearing the worst kit since the imfamous bib.

It's a f**king shite state of affairs. [/Renton]

Just looking at our squad last time we were in the Division 1. You'd swap that one for the current one every single time (Charlie Adam not listed here as a loanee).

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/st-mirren-fc/2006/2/

The midfield looks weaker than ours, but the GKs, defence and attack are several measures better, IMO. It's a bit heartbreaking, TBH.

Would you like a statement saying:

There is no news.

?

Don't know how many times people need to say it - no-one is asking them to divulge confidential details of a possible deal to sell the club. Aside from the club sale, we bagged a manager over seven weeks ago, while Accies took three to settle down and crack on with Canning. We are witnessing an almost one-way revolving door of players out and no-one replacing them, yet when SG appeared on TV, he talked about it being a results business and needing a wheeler dealer. Teale's results are as bad as Craig's, and where is the wheeling dealing? We haven't won a home game in the league all season... Yet nothing from them? Nothing at all, not even one of these 'Accies or ICT deals' to get more bums on seats when we need support? Not a peep to suggest they are not fiddling while Rome burns?

I've seen it suggested their complete silence is obviously because a deal is imminent, so once they announce the sale then they'll speak. Well, whoop de fcuking do.

Don't know how many times people need to say it - no-one is asking them to divulge confidential details of a possible deal to sell the club. Aside from the club sale, we bagged a manager over seven weeks ago, while Accies took three to settle down and crack on with Canning. We are witnessing an almost one-way revolving door of players out and no-one replacing them, yet when SG appeared on TV, he talked about it being a results business and needing a wheeler dealer. Teale's results are as bad as Craig's, and where is the wheeling dealing? We haven't won a home game in the league all season... Yet nothing from them? Nothing at all, not even one of these 'Accies or ICT deals' to get more bums on seats when we need support? Not a peep to suggest they are not fiddling while Rome burns?

I've seen it suggested their complete silence is obviously because a deal is imminent, so once they announce the sale then they'll speak. Well, whoop de fcuking do.

Teale is our manager and is doing everything a full time manager would, I agree he should have been appointed permanently by now and I don't know why he hasn't been. However he's clearly in full control of the playing matters at the football club.

He released 4 players and brought in 1 and by all accounts he's looking to bring in 1 more before the end of the window. The addition of Mallan and McLear to the first team means we will have lost 4 and brought in 4 since the start of the season.

Our attendances aren't as bad as Accies and Inverness, despite both being better teams than us. ICT had a pay what you can and only got 3100, our game on Saturday had over 4000. And Accies fans aren't happy about Canning being appointed at all, they've lost 4 on the bounce under him.

What you want them to say about not winning a home game? Sorry? Complain about the refs? I'd rather the BOD refrained from talking about on field matters in public, good or bad. That's for the manager.

Maybe the take over is imminent. Maybe there's no take over on the table at all. Until it's announced by the club I'll assume the latter. If you are right and it is imminent I'd expect silence from both sides. It was clear that the English deal had been going on for months, yet that only became public when it got thrown out.

Do you think the BOD were in the wrong for not making that public earlier?

Edited by TopCat

Would you like a statement saying:

There is no news.

?

Any business with a paying customer deserves to know the plans of the business (public or private). Lack of communication feeds the fears and anxieties and that can only be alleviated through communication. As for "no news", that is unlikely. I don't want chapter and verse just some clarification of where the club is re new manager, budget for players (yes or no) and status on club sale?

Mallan and McLear were always here and up for selection

We have still only signed one player

I make it 5 players out Caldwell,Marwood,Hughes,Drury and Plummer

Motherwell have signed 2 players today

Thommo is more or less gubbed,Teale retired and what happens if Cheesy or Goodwin pick up a bad injury or bans

The board have given up

Let's say the board did announce there'd be no movement on Manager, until the club sale goes through, and Teale had no extra money to work with. Just how much difference would it all make? Too late for a fan raised pot of cash to fund a squad slot and legalities etc can obviously never be rushed on. Indeed, any announcement about a sale could make players cautious about joining us as they may even end up out of favour straight away should (unlikely now) new owners come in with a host of new players following very quickly.

Quite frankly, the board should just have taken the English offer and ensured the papers were signed pre-January 1st as was the plan. Though, all that aside, we obviously still could get 10th and save the season in spite of the boards best efforts to destroy any good feeling among the support.

But apart from all that everything in life is good and it is only football after all !

If we're not going to bring in any significant resource, particularly in defence, then there's every chance that we'll be relegated this season. We need to finish at least third bottom because whoever ends up second bottom is going to have to win a play-off against Rangers and we're not good enough to do that.

If the BOD aren't planning to invest in the transfer window, then I'd like to see us at least do something like Hearts did the other year - get all the youngsters on 4-year contracts (Mallan, Mclear, Baird, Yaqub, etc, etc) and play them every week from now until the end of the season so that we're at the very least in a decent situation to start again next season.

Mallan and McLear were always here and up for selection

We have still only signed one player

I make it 5 players out Caldwell,Marwood,Hughes,Drury and Plummer

Motherwell have signed 2 players today

Thommo is more or less gubbed,Teale retired and what happens if Cheesy or Goodwin pick up a bad injury or bans

The board have given up

You can't disregard Mallan and McLear as additions and then consider Hughes as a loss!

It's not free to develop youth players, they are as much an addition as Arquin.

If we're not going to bring in any significant resource, particularly in defence, then there's every chance that we'll be relegated this season. We need to finish at least third bottom because whoever ends up second bottom is going to have to win a play-off against Rangers and we're not good enough to do that.

If the BOD aren't planning to invest in the transfer window, then I'd like to see us at least do something like Hearts did the other year - get all the youngsters on 4-year contracts (Mallan, Mclear, Baird, Yaqub, etc, etc) and play them every week from now until the end of the season so that we're at the very least in a decent situation to start again next season.

More likely to be Hibs

At the start of the season McLear and Mallan were registered as signings , they can,t be considered new signings .

At the start of the season we had a very small squad , and have released Plummer , Caldwell , Dury , Hughes , and Marwood , and only brought Arquin in , so I would think another two new faces coming in would be a realistic expectation if we plan to go down with a fight.

Accept what you are saying but with our vastly superior population base, we have under-achieved as a club.

You have got to ask the question why can't we attract a 'Sugar Daddy' of our own?

And I think I can answer my own question - Paisley is too full of old firm bigots - people who have been born and brought up in Paisley (probably over several generations) but the last thing they would consider is to go down to Greenhill Road and support their local team.

On a purely population base we are probably the most under-achieving team in Scotland.

A St Mirren-supporting 'Sugar Daddy' would be much preferable to what we are about to be subjected to!

Ok, also take ur point however population has really got anything to do with success, I mean thistle have not got 25 titles have they?

In Scotland it is when a club is unified its successful, that's our issue. SG and The BOD got us lovely new ground playing facilities, no debt and that's their legacy. Fact there is no next chapter, they must have thought by now we would be sold, but nobody has partly due to where our national game sits, with no sponsorship , no SKY, and a far better product on our doorstep. This what happens when you stand still, the 2013 success was great as was the 1987 one but lets be honest here, we were known as the nearly men in the 80s and we should have beaten the real rangers in 2010, so we have had relative success, staying in top flight for 70% of last 40 years.

Its a changed game. we fight for scraps. Dons, Caley or Utd will get into Europe at Europa level and it will cost them money, they will play in July.

How many years have we said winter shut down, 7 games in Jan, cold weather, snow ice, and yet every other country with half a brain is in shutdown.

Until muppets stop running our game we have no chance

Best one yet is this for those who read, the big Tic Dons showdown in Feb has been moved to a 12 pm kick off, first train from Aberdeen arrives in Glasgow at 12.15.

Every game has howlers, look at Well versus Utd and obviously our games against Well and Killie. Refs get more than players/managers here, this is where we are. LA LA Land.

Its a cheap production in peanut land. Not the Love Street bonanzas we old enough are fortunate enough to remember

At the start of the season McLear and Mallan were registered as signings , they can,t be considered new signings .

At the start of the season we had a very small squad , and have released Plummer , Caldwell , Dury , Hughes , and Marwood , and only brought Arquin in , so I would think another two new faces coming in would be a realistic expectation if we plan to go down with a fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting Drury and Plummer for free, they are hardly the cream of the City EDS crop. Covered this before, but Plummer has a few ahead at centre half and left back at that level whilst Drury has kicked about for a while. Looking at the five, I can easily see why that only leaves one more slot to bring someone in. Marwood and Caldwell will have taken some money to leave, again eating in to the budget.

The starting squad was missing McGowan, Harkins (who was paid off), Dilo and McGregor. That space would have paid for Tess, Ball, Marwood, Caldwell, Ridgers and some money for new contracts and contracts to kids. If you follow the logic above, and assume TC used all his budget, we've eaten into it by paying off two, brought a better quality one and now realistically have one better quality slot left. SG also claims the playing budget is around 70K down on last season.

If the playing budget was all used up in the summer, we've then had to pay off TC along with Caldwell & Marwood. We've lost 4 decent wages during this month (not counting TC's and assuming Hughes was on a low wage), but it's going to take some time to make up the non-budgeted money that we've used for payoffs.

If the playing budget was all used up in the summer, we've then had to pay off TC along with Caldwell & Marwood. We've lost 4 decent wages during this month (not counting TC's and assuming Hughes was on a low wage), but it's going to take some time to make up the non-budgeted money that we've used for payoffs.

Am sick off us continually paying players off. The only way we should release players is if they decide to walk away without payment. It happens too often in recent years

Am sick off us continually paying players off. The only way we should release players is if they decide to walk away without payment. It happens too often in recent years

Never happens, anywhere, at any club, ever. We do embrace it far too much though. Not to mention paying fees, Wardlaw, Mooy and Imrie, then getting rid of them or wanting to change them.