Transfer News

Jeeso, that's a horrendous thing to come out with, even for someone with a track record like yourself.

It's factual. St Mirren were chasing a player who wouldn't pass a normal football medical and a player who checked himself into the Priory after becoming depressed at the news he'd been selected to play for his country. Perhaps if we were talking about some flawed footballing genius like Suarez, Maradona or Gascoigne in their footballing peaks then you could justify it, but hanging your top flight survival on players who have severe mental or physical problems seems bizarre.

Only been to 3 games all season and very much doubt I will attend another. Point blank refuse to pay over the score entry fee to watch second and third rate "players" who never win at home. The whole shambles of appointing Gary Teale after the last disaster is nothing short of a slap in the face to fans. Nothing personal against Gary but he isnt up to the job as already indicated by 6 defeats in 10 games and the inability to sign decent players which are badly needed.

Like others, I am even more convinced we are going down and believe its of no concern to the board who just want to sail off into the sunset. Good riddance to them.

Never felt as bad about the Saints as now, and quite honestly have given up the ghost as far as attending goes.

This is just nonsense Froggie. Gary Teale has the players he inherited looking like a team with fighting spirit, for the first time all season. The board took 6 weeks to make an appointment and then cut his plans from under him, by sanctioning the McLean deal at the last minute. He was only appointed last week officially Edited by cambiebud

It's factual. St Mirren were chasing a player who wouldn't pass a normal football medical and a player who checked himself into the Priory after becoming depressed at the news he'd been selected to play for his country. Perhaps if we were talking about some flawed footballing genius like Suarez, Maradona or Gascoigne in their footballing peaks then you could justify it, but hanging your top flight survival on players who have severe mental or physical problems seems bizarre.

FFS stop digging.

Shiels and Swanson are both good players. Both have had challenges in their lives, but have been honest about them and it's to their great credit that they've managed to overcome them.

To have someone bringing those challenges up and query why a club would want to sign them specifically because of those issues, says more about the attitudes of that individual than anything else.

The team will be relegated absolutely no doubt. Selling kenny has finished us. Being honest I'm fed up with st.mirren they are being run very poorly and we are sadly sliding towards another relegation and a decade in the lower leagues. I find the downsizing quite incredible. In Dec we needed to wheel and deal and now we have signed 2 let go 5. Our squad was paper thin already and now it's basically a starting 11. We're going down and to be honest we fully deserve to go down. Never have I witnessed a premier league team pay such little regard to their top flight status. A horrible management set up in may then another debacle in Dec/jan culminating in another cheap appointment. I'm f**king sick of this shit and I now need to step back and stop worrying about the team.and stop rushing like mad.to make away games. Nope I've been conned this year by the board but it won't happen again. If I wanted to watch a.youth team I would do so down the racecourse not pay a fortune following one every week.

We signed 4, and 5 left. Of the 5 that left, 4 were out of the manager's plans and most fans agreed with their release. McLean's loss is detrimental but the other losses to the squad are not.

We do need a change at board level, even the directors think so.

Probably best you don't say any more on the subject.

Is it a fact that fat ignorant pipefitters wouldn't pass a normal football medical, or are so mentally deranged that they throw domestic appliances at shop staff? Edited by saint in exile

We'd be better off not signing the likes of Gow. If things are as bad as some seem to think they are in terms of the clubs finances then signing Gow will be a total waste of precious cash.

Yes we are all feeling a little depressed with the loss of Kenny but if the club think that by signing someone like Gow it's going to suddenly make us all feel great again then they are sadly mistaken.

FWIW I think Gary will take a look at him in training and reject him anyway. He's been piss poor since he left Falkirk.

There must be a few good players kicking their heels on the continent that would grab a short term deal. Lets hope we are not restricting ourselves to out of contract players that just happen to be in Gary's contact list on his phone.

Yes we are all feeling a little depressed with the loss of Kenny but if the club think that by signing someone like Gow it's going to suddenly make us all feel great again then they are sadly mistaken.

This. Sleeping with a minger after you've been dumped is only ok as long as your mates don't find out. Last thing you want is her hanging around like a bad smell though.

Saints still working away on potential deals. Possible signing news today.

Today's PDE links us with former Rangers and Falkirk player Alan Gow but today's possibility is not him. He looks set for Accies anyway.

0 replies1 retweet0 favorites

Black & White Army@bawarmy · 41m 41 minutes ago

If there is a signing today it won't be the last. Manager has identifed key areas he wants to strengthen.

"Yet again" ffs he's been in the job weeks and this was his first transfer window. He's here to the end of the season at least and it's tough blaming the manager for not bringing in players when you have a board with the tightest purse strings in Scotland. He onbviously had enough contacts to attempt to sign a guy from W Brom plus Shiels and Swanson. He also got a boy from Spurs. Contacts are very obviously not the issue here it's funds !

I thinj they key word is attempt. I don't have the phone number for any footballers or premiership managers/coaching staff, but on deadline day if I tried I could have attempted to sign a guy from west brom

I thinj they key word is attempt. I don't have the phone number for any footballers or premiership managers/coaching staff, but on deadline day if I tried I could have attempted to sign a guy from west brom

I submitted an eleventh hour bid for Ronaldo!

Turns out McDonaldO's need him most saturday afternoons, and to be honest he does have a bit of a bad rep as a clown.