Alcohol During Football Matches.

Qarsaan

There you have it. That's what would need to be done for me to support a reintroduction of alcohol.

What other sport requires segregation of fans?

This is the arsehole behaviour I'm talking about.

People can't even handle sitting together with another human being wearing a different scarf and they wonder why they are not being treated as adults.

There is no segregation at St Mirren Park, especially when the OF are playing. whistling.gif

Personally I wish there was I have no desire to sit beside a bunch of .... flipa.gif

Indeed , I totally agree with them.

Attended Ice Hockey a few weeks ago.

Alcohol was being taken by some as they sat in their seats.

No segregation.

Marvelous family atmosphere.

So get rid of segregation and then we can think of the drink.

Yeah , let your kids watch the grown men knock seven bells out of each other ! whistling.gif

I hear all those holier than thou lot who are giving it the old " i don`t know why you need to have a drink" line or the " why cant you go ninety minutes without a beer ?" argument.

Dead simple . If you dont want to partake , then DON`T !!

I, & a whole lot like me enjoy the occasional pre or post match Beer, If i go to the theatre i will have a wee interval swally ! Occasionally when me & the missus are shopping we will pop into a boozer & have a wee aperitif !

That`s my choice, i shouldn`t be governed by the behaviour of a few idiots, & i certainly wont be talked down to by the usual Mother Theresa types on here.

It must get so lonely up there on your little cloud !!

I hear all those holier than thou lot who are giving it the old " i don`t know why you need to have a drink" line or the " why cant you go ninety minutes without a beer ?" argument.

Dead simple . If you dont want to partake , then DON`T !!

I, & a whole lot like me enjoy the occasional pre or post match Beer, If i go to the theatre i will have a wee interval swally ! Occasionally when me & the missus are shopping we will pop into a boozer & have a wee aperitif !

That`s my choice, i shouldn`t be governed by the behaviour of a few idiots, & i certainly wont be talked down to by the usual Mother Theresa types on here.

It must get so lonely up there on your little cloud !!

It's not a cloud, it's a pedestal.

Oh and I have plenty of company up here.

The view is lovely.

Edited by oaksoft

Fans are being treated as arseholes because so many of them behave like arseholes.

We saw it again at Ibrox on Friday night but this goes on everywhere.

We don't see this at cricket, rugby or elsewhere.

In fact, no other sport in the country has this problem of aggression and arsehole behaviour.

People can't behave like twats and then whine and cry because they are singled out for harsh treatment.

Friday night also showed that the powers that be can't be trusted to make sensible decisions. There was acres of space at Ipox, but for some reason they allowed the two factions to be within a few feet of each other? The clowns that want to box don't need any further encouragement, and the provision of alcohol would be just that.

The only benefit I can think of from alcohol being sold in the ground is that all the folk in the row in front of me getting up and down to go to the bar would block my view of what is going on on the pitch. Had it been in place on Saturday, for example, I'd have been tapping them on the shoulder and suggesting it was time for another beer.

This is a pitiful distraction tactic on the part of #creepyjim to deflect from his woeful placing in the popularity stakes. It is condescending at best.

i might pay a blind bit of attention when someone starts talking about lowering admission prices.

The only benefit I can think of from alcohol being sold in the ground is that all the folk in the row in front of me getting up and down to go to the bar would block my view of what is going on on the pitch. Had it been in place on Saturday, for example, I'd have been tapping them on the shoulder and suggesting it was time for another beer.

This is a pitiful distraction tactic on the part of #creepyjim to deflect from his woeful placing in the popularity stakes. It is condescending at best.

i might pay a blind bit of attention when someone starts talking about lowering admission prices.

Really ?

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/user/1795-shull/

Jim benevolent Murphy, a confirmed follower of teetotalism amongst other things, now wants us to get a wee alcoholic imbibe in the concourse during our suffering, cheers eh !?

As an added option, maybe any decliners could be offered a free seat at Temperance Hall, maybe commodes , or absorbant pads at least could be offered for the knickerwetters with weak bladders who have sought solace from the fear, in lager.

The stoopit season has certainly started, the vote poop scoop is out early for this one.

Ironically was it not his favoured team's fans that basically played a significant part in the football alcohol ban in the first place.

Football fans are uniquely viewed as being untrustworthy as far as being allowed to have a drink while watching their chosen sport. I cant think of any other sports fans who are barred from being allowed a drink at sporting venues, just football fans. And it looks like there are plenty of football fans who agree that their fellow football fans are too dreggy to be trusted.

I think thats a bit poor really. Murphy may well be a a twat, but he's right to bring up the discrimination of football fans. Not only are they herded around like potential criminals and subjected to mass policing (which costs the clubs a small fortune) but they are also watched inside grounds by stewards waiting to pounce.

Maybe the average football fan is indeed pondlife and just cant be treated as a grown up and needs to be saved from themselves and their appalling behaviour? Or maybe they should just be treated like regular sports fans until such time as something horrendous happens. If it actually does.

This can be introduced properly and done correctly it wont cause any great problems. And no, I won't drink at games, because I dont want to. But if I did want to, I should be allowed.

Football fans are uniquely viewed as being untrustworthy as far as being allowed to have a drink while watching their chosen sport. I cant think of any other sports fans who are barred from being allowed a drink at sporting venues, just football fans. And it looks like there are plenty of football fans who agree that their fellow football fans are too dreggy to be trusted.

I think thats a bit poor really. Murphy may well be a a twat, but he's right to bring up the discrimination of football fans. Not only are they herded around like potential criminals and subjected to mass policing (which costs the clubs a small fortune) but they are also watched inside grounds by stewards waiting to pounce.

Maybe the average football fan is indeed pondlife and just cant be treated as a grown up and needs to be saved from themselves and their appalling behaviour? Or maybe they should just be treated like regular sports fans until such time as something horrendous happens. If it actually does.

This can be introduced properly and done correctly it wont cause any great problems. And no, I won't drink at games, because I dont want to. But if I did want to, I should be allowed.

Indeed. Maggie Thatcher's contempt for football generally , and her despicable attitude towards Liverpool fans in particular takes some beating, but demonstares the point you make perfectly.

We seem to forget all too readily the carnage caused by drunken football fans in the past, including lives lost. I don't recall such shameful scenes at rugby, horseracing, hockey, etc. Football fans are treated the way they are because of their history of being idiots when they have a drink in them, and even without a drink for some of them. We've seen it at almost every ground in the country. But maybe the Old Scum are right - it's only a very small minority who cause the problems.

Until fans in general can behave in a more "normal" way then adding extra alcohol to the mix would more than likely have an adverse effect. Now, if they made cannabis use legal in football grounds, that would probably have the opposite effect.

Does that mean the boo boys would become the 'so not bovvvered boys' ? If so, start the campaign now.

The biggest problem is that football is "tribal" (and, in certain cases, bigoted). Otherwise decent law-abiding people can become total tossers when football comes into it. The word "hate" is used to describe opposition teams and their supporters. Almost anything is seen as fair game when abusing opposition players and fans (and, thinking back to the casual days, elements of your own support). Rightly or wrongly, match officials aren't respected - almost any decision that goes against your team is cause to give them abuse. This is because the majority of fans, and I include myself in this, do not know enough about the laws of the game. Compare this to the likes of rugby or, dare I say it, cricket where the officials are, in the main, respected and obeyed without question, even if the players think it is the wrong decision. Football grew from a totally different background to most other sports and, to this day, hasn't shaken off the "us and them" mentality - which is actually the very thing that makes it so popular.

There is also the mob mentality that sometimes takes over when fans gather en masse, then it only takes one asshole to start a riot.

Football fans are, individually, normal everyday folk. Football fans are, collectively, a bunch of "warriors" who want to destroy the nearest opposition "tribe".

Until fans in general can behave in a more "normal" way then adding extra alcohol to the mix would more than likely have an adverse effect. Now, if they made cannabis use legal in football grounds, that would probably have the opposite effect.

Basically you think football fans are pondlife that cant be trusted. Which is what I said initially.

Personally, I think the majority of them are the same people who go and watch other sporting events and are able to have a beer or whatever at those events and not get themselves arrested.

Id just let it happen and see how it goes. If it does turn out that football fans are scum of the world and cant handle drink then fair enough. Its 35 years since the oldfirm game that brought in football prohibition anyway.