The Green Vermin F.c. Match On Good Friday

shull

It seem's a few of our season ticket holders aren't for going either, already been

offered 3 freebies from mates and family who can't be arsed with this match, Thankfully

I'm working away from home and wont be back until Saturday... it's the boozer for me..

The Motherwell game, well that's a different matter, got a week off work so defo be there..

So having graciously turned down the chance to illegally defraud our club on three occasions, and having decided not to invest money in support of our team, you will verbally support a team that is financially poorer as a direct result of your decision... whilst willingly investing in the opposition, giving them cash to pay Scott MacDonalds wages!

Correct?

I'm going tomorrow much as I am not looking forward to it.

The money I save by not going to Motherwell is being spent on hospitality at the Ross County game.

Each to their own.

:-P

going to game and in main stand to give our glorious leaders

a well done on running our club to the desperate state we are in

no one else to blame but then

they can have my money going for love of club

but not them

long live the saints

down with the board

Why?

Sorry if my post sounded like a massive attack Ally as I didn't mean it personally.

It's just that we are what we are - a "provincial" football club in a league that isn't particularly glamorous and for a long time two clubs from our country's biggest city had a stranglehold on our game and they basically hoovered the majority of silverware and money going.

I support St. Mirren because that's who my Father went to see as a boy and when I started taking an interest in football he took me to see St. Mirren too and his reasoning was that "St. Mirren are our local team and we should support our local team". Now I know that everyone has a free choice in society and democracy is usually a good thing but the reason why clubs like ourselves, Partick Thistle, Greenock Morton, Kilmarnock, Ayr United etc., etc. are not anything much more than "provincial" clubs is because people are free to choose to support Celtic, Rangers or whoever else but as we know most people who don't support Celtic or Rangers usually support their local team or if they don't support their local team they support a team because their Dad came from somewhere else.

So given all of this and knowing that we support a "provincial" football club and therefore not likely to be a regular in the title race, Champions League or Europa League Qualifiers, why would we take the attitude of "Och, I'll go along this week but if we concede three goals with plenty of match time remaining, I'm away down the boozer to get pished/away home/whatever"? Why take the attitude of "I'm going to stop to games, even if I've already paid for them via my Season Ticket last summer just to show the Board that I'm sick of them penny pinching every year"?

Is supporting a team like St. Mirren frustrating at times? Of course it is. We all know it is. You realise that you're supporting a team which has its limits regarding financial and footballing success so why all this "toys out the pram" stuff when the dark times rear their head? A club like ours will always have dark times, lean spells, not very happy times but we all know that so why not just support the club and show how much you actually care? If people genuinely think that some of the players don't particularly care about whether we go down or not, what message would that give by walking out and shouting at a player or whatever?

To be honest, when I read some of the stuff on here and overhear people at games whether it's at home or away I actually think some of my so called "fellow supporters" deserve to support a club that's not very successful. The only annoying thing for me is that they choose to support the same team as me.

Edited by iTony

Good Friday

St Mirren 1 Sellik 0

Brilliant Friday

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Hope you're right, Shull. I'm watching it down in my local club and there is a small group of very vocal Celts fans. They're good guys but I'll still get dogs abuse if by some accident we slip up. I'll have my son with me for support and quite a few closet Rangers supporters hoping to God St.Mirren do it.

Been looking forward to this all week tho prob the pub before and after more than the actual game sadly. Feel like shite with cold so dunno if be BUT £25 come on to fook!!! Thought about going to Motherwell game - £23 midweek on telly - fook off. Fitba really needs to take a look at itself!!!

Been looking forward to this all week tho prob the pub before and after more than the actual game sadly. Feel like shite with cold so dunno if be BUT £25 come on to fook!!! Thought about going to Motherwell game - £23 midweek on telly - fook off. Fitba really needs to take a look at itself!!!

One of my Celt supporter mates over here told me he meant to go over for the game but was told the Celtic ticket allocation was sold out. Wonder if that's right? I told him he'd be safe among Saints fans but he declined to risk it. Chicken!

iTony

I'll be leaving whenever the third goes in because the game will be over and I'd rather spend the rest of my Friday evening doing something I enjoy. Watching Celtic pass the ball about whilst we chase shadows for however many minutes is not my idea of fun.

I go to St Mirren to support the team, primarily because I enjoy doing so. I don't see it as a 'duty' or some sort of macabre show of loyalty to stay til the bitter end when you're getting horsed. If it is for you then fair enough, but I don't 'owe' St Mirren anything by choosing to leave early! Sadly my presence or non presence in the stadium will not be the difference between a 4-3 comeback or a 6-0 defeat.

Naturally I hope we somehow squeak a result tonight or at least are competitive to keep it interesting. I'm not expecting much though based on what we've seen previously.

One of my Celt supporter mates over here told me he meant to go over for the game but was told the Celtic ticket allocation was sold out. Wonder if that's right? I told him he'd be safe among Saints fans but he declined to risk it. Chicken!

Sellic allocation always sells out. I constantly hear this complaint from the Sellic minded ones who always are at me about getting tickets for St Mirren matches as they say its one of the hardest to get tickets for. Seemingly St Mirren have some protocol about only allocating them to recognised Supporters buses or something. In the past I've got tickets fro Sellic fans , but its all about getting their home adress , their season ticket number at Park head, their passport no, their dob , blah de blah. Far too much feckn hassle frankly

Must admit , we do in this country , make it less than simple to attend football matches. Whatever happened to , think I might attend, ok , I'lll go to ground and pay to get in and watch a game. Oh no you won't.

Ok , up yer Ronson then , I'll stay in the house, pub, club, at work.

St Mirren were dealing with the Sellic tickets and I don't think there was a public sale,tickets went directly to supporters clubs.

He should have - get his £25 then he outs himself and he gets flung oot who cares 25 quid got for the club. I remember Audrey saying a while back that it was only buses that got tickets cant mind if there had been trouble or what but it wasn't a case of just going down and buying a ticket for that end.

Games against Celtic are just ones you need to get through without confidence getting a kicking really. A 0-5 or similar is obviously pretty probable tonight. We seem to get a result against them once every ten games or so, this probably won't be one of those. But you never know.

A relatively credible 0-2 or so without incurring any injuries or suspensions wouldn't be a disaster really, would probably take that now. Our games against and Well and County over the next 10 days are going to make our break our Houdini act. Gary should have those fixtures in mind tonight if things start going badly, which I expect they will.

0-4

Christ knows why, but I'm really looking forward to tonight's game. It's understandable that most people have us beaten before a ball is kicked, but if we approach it like a must win game and go at them at every opportunity then you never know. I would rather see us lose by a barrowload playing with passion and pride, rather than going for damage limitation and having our tummy tickled. These guys must have some professional and personal pride to show that it matters to them. In my own job I made an absolute howler of a mistake this week and I couldn't wait to get back in to address it and make sure it doesn't happen again. I didnt feel like chucking it just because I fkd up, I wanted to sort it because of my professional pride and the effect it had on others. I can't be unique in my approach to my job and I think that's what makes some of our defeats hard to take when you see young guys appearing to not give a hoot about those who really care about the club. Well, tonight's their chance.