Plastic Pitch At St.mirren Park

Killies was installed to prevent them trailing up to Glasgow daily to train so there was a direct saving to offset against the cost of installation. We have a training facility in our home town and the dome for all weather prep. Plastic not required thankfully. I have seen no real evidence in Killies instance of the alleged money generation the plastic is supposed to generate.

Ralston costs us a fortune every year. The players turn up at Greenhill rd every 2nd saturday and they look like they've never played on the pitch before then.

Scrap Rlaston, install a synthetic at GR and use the stadium at all times. Would save a bomb. Better still, campaign for Summer football and we wouldn't need a plastic pitch.

In an attempt to make it more difficult for away teams at SMP I don't think a plastic pitch is a bad idea, we've not had a good home record since we moved and I think it's possibly too comfortable for away teams. By putting in a plastic pitch it might actually give us a slight advantage next season if our player can train on it and get used to it...just a thought, every little helps I guess.

Freezing cold red blaes, driving rain, a Mitre Mouldmaster right in the stones, skin taken right off my right leg in a tackle, then got the belt aff' the PE teacher for continuing my argument with my tackler after PE in the corridor.PE teacher naturally being the one who could 'draw it' the best.

Carlsberg don't do worst day of your school life at Johnstone High.... but if they did!

• 1 month later...

alshboy, on 10 Apr 2015 - 23:17, said:

snapback.png

Oh for the days of scraping the red ash out of your knees, Ronnie Delia would really love that, through in a Mitre Mouldmaster for good measure !!!!!

Ah that would be the Mouldmaster with the red dimples and the lines on the ball that left an imprint on your cold legs for at least a week! Then of course what was wrong with the thick brown leather laced up football which if you headed the ball it was always bound to be the laced section that left this full imprint on your forehead....... yet another week of pain and embarrassment!

Seriously, the pitch is fine, but if we were to go down the same route as say the SRU then you get into the half artificial / half grass type of pitch which needs much less maintenance, but still needs cutting.

The pitch isn't the problem, it's the players who perform on it that don't rise to the quality of what they are playing on!

Just had a quick Google of these hybrid pitches. seems that a lot of English clubs have them. Wonder how much they cost.

seem to remember that Arsenal have one...Hybrids are not cheap to build or maintain.

I have to say though (football issues aside) a FIFA 3 star 3G pitch that can be used for multiple sports basically 24/7 is the sort of revenue generator that could fund the Club significantly, and if done correctly a Fan Group could even fund it

seem to remember that Arsenal have one...Hybrids are not cheap to build or maintain.

I have to say though (football issues aside) a FIFA 3 star 3G pitch that can be used for multiple sports basically 24/7 is the sort of revenue generator that could fund the Club significantly, and if done correctly a Fan Group could even fund it

If the club installed a plastic pitch that generated income, then they should use the income to build a raised, dry, fit-for-purpose disabled viewing area.

You are coming up with too many good sensible ideas. Are you sure this is the correct forum for you rea? :)

For those that have seen Killie,etc.how good are the plastic pitches these days and is there any grant aid? I know it's potentially controversial, but is it something we should at least consider as an option if it means we save on maintenance and generate more revenue? Apologies to everyone I just offended.

Despite the fact that 3G Pitches are a vast improvement on the pitches that the likes of QPR, Luton, Preston and Oldham pioneered with all those years ago, 3G technology is still substitute for the real thing in my opinion, its also a fact 3G pitches are also very bad for a players back & knees and have been known to give players all sorts of problems.