Good News - 2 Failures Out

if the contractual balance is paid up as a lump sum for severance purposes then the first 30K is tax free, so maybe the club offered a lower sum and the players agreed to split the difference as as 80% tax free is probably more than 100% of their due subject to tax

none of these players would have been due 30K but it would still be worth their while

As regards the OP, it makes me laugh when a complete non-entity labels a well-intentioned player like Osbourne a failure. I'd like to see how he reacted to being in the same situation

Thoroughly bad form to crow over someone geting their jotters, whatever the reason. I wonder if he will display the same glee when non playing staff are let go.

Good thinking.

NI is capped at a weekly level as well, so a lump sum would save NI? Probably got that wrong!

I reckon there must be a financial incentive to the club to mutually cancel these contracts early.

McAusland and Osbourne wouldn't have played again this season anyway due to injury, whilst Ball couldn't even get on as a sub under Gary Teale so I doubt he would have featured either.

Must be a reason why they are going early. Can't imagine they would be walking away without having the rest of their contract paid up, so it's maybe some sort of PAYE benefit to the club. I'm not entirely sure.

I'd think they create a severance package which favours both parties, the individual benefits through not having to pay tax. I'd imagine it's what happened with Harkins, grainger, Imrie and the likes too. It's not unheard of.

Don't hold your breath for an answer on this.

He was asked this two weeks ago on another thread, avoided answering and instead produced a load of pompous drivel.

For what its worth, I have not posted who I think is worth retaining because whoever I post up you and others will find a reason to disagree so there is no point.

For what its worth, I have not posted who I think is worth retaining because whoever I post up you and others will find a reason to disagree so there is no point.

Dear oh dear!! lol.gif You clearly don't understand the concept of a forum, but I will leave you alone as good honest debate doesn't appear to be your strong point.

both probably deserved to go,but disappointed in the few who reckon reilley doesn't deserve a chance ,goody mcginn, kelly, Jason,cheesey,to name but 5 who have had plenty game time this season an have been poor pretty much ever game, and some a giving a young guy with maybe about 5 starts a hard time

both probably deserved to go,but disappointed in the few who reckon reilley doesn't deserve a chance ,goody mcginn, kelly, Jason,cheesey,to name but 5 who have had plenty game time this season an have been poor pretty much ever game, and some a giving a young guy with maybe about 5 starts a hard time

Really ? You dont think he`s been given enough chances ? huh.png

Dear oh dear!! lol.gif You clearly don't understand the concept of a forum, but I will leave you alone as good honest debate doesn't appear to be your strong point.

I understand it perfectly and If I thought that was possible I would not hesitate to respond - night!

no mate I don't,when you consider cheesey was shite for 4 years ,making the same basic errors week In week out and still played every week im astounded u think reilley cant do us a job next season in the championship

Fair enough , its all about opinions . I havent seen anything in Reilly which makes me think hes good enough. However , in the championship , who knows ?

He didnt show up very well against championship opposition this season though.

if the contractual balance is paid up as a lump sum for severance purposes then the first 30K is tax free, so maybe the club offered a lower sum and the players agreed to split the difference as as 80% tax free is probably more than 100% of their due subject to tax

none of these players would have been due 30K but it would still be worth their while

As regards the OP, it makes me laugh when a complete non-entity labels a well-intentioned player like Osbourne a failure. I'd like to see how he reacted to being in the same situation

Thoroughly bad form to crow over someone geting their jotters, whatever the reason. I wonder if he will display the same glee when non playing staff are let go.

You've never laughed in your life.

I'm going against the grain here in thinking that Ball will get another gig, get motivated, and score goals when played in his correct position with wingers delivering crosses for him.

I agree that it was a shame Osborne was injury prone but that was known prior to us signing him.

Very disappointed with Ball. Happy to admit, I got well and truly carried away with his performances in the sunshine against shite opposition on Tyneside last summer.

I was convinced he'd shed some weight and do a job for us. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Sadly, I doubt anyone will ever find him.

I'm going against the grain here in thinking that Ball will get another gig, get motivated, and score goals when played in his correct position with wingers delivering crosses for him.

I agree that it was a shame Osborne was injury prone but that was known prior to us signing him.

Just like Thoommohawk, not enough delivery into the targetman. Woeful season of football

Very disappointed with Ball. Happy to admit, I got well and truly carried away with his performances in the sunshine against shite opposition on Tyneside last summer.

I was convinced he'd shed some weight and do a job for us. Maybe I'm stubborn, but I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Sadly, I doubt anyone will ever find him.

You can't miss him.