B&w Army Player Of The Year 2014-2015 Result

A Newcastle fan, a complete stranger, just phoned me to say he has been totally inspired by the story and he thinks our fans are amazing.

Said he just felt he had to phone and say that!

A Rangers fan sent me a text me to say something along the same lines.

Quote "Great touch from St Mirren regarding player of the year, a marvellous gesture"

Just shows you.......................

Edited by faraway saint

I didn't vote at all guys so not going to claim any credit, but to those who did - this is what makes a club and in this case it is our club. As we see regularly on here there is only one thing that ties us together and our club is what we make of it.

Echoing the above it puts life let alone football into perspective. I too was completely sincerely compelled to post here because of such a fantastic story and the message it sends about our team.

Well done Div/Blackandwhitearmy!

All the best Aaron and family! We are all Saint Mirren!

Well done everyone who voted for Aaron. As Div said there are more important things than football (sorry Bill Shankley). This is something Aaron will treasure for the rest of his life. Wishing the lad a speedy recovery.

I've been avoiding POTY polls and surveys this season like the plague, so was delighted to hear about this when someone mentioned it at work tonight. Jaysus, aye, talk about a sense of perspective. Hoping the wee fella makes a full and active recovery, football's not more important than life, life is the thing ! Definetly THE best St Mirren story you'll hear this year !

It's been a shocking season to be a Saints fan but I feel so bloody proud to be a St Mirren fan waking up this morning to see this story in national press.

Pat on the back fellow Buddies and of course best wishes to Aaron - well deserved young man.

Really terrific to hear. Congratulations to Aaron and very best wishes to him. Let's hope he is back playing football soon and supporting our team.

We all know our forum can be an absolute bitchfest and we argue and fall out about nothing much. We've all said things at times that we regret. But I enjoy being a member of the B&W Army and the West Bank. Today though is probably the first time I've been genuinely proud to be a member. Well done to Div and everyone responsible for helping us get this great result.

Yes I voted and yes Aaron got my 10 points.............. it was such an obvious choice.thumbup2.gif

As Rick has said above, we manage to eat each other regularly on this site, but reading this and seeing the national reaction to this makes me proud I voted (as opposed to today in the less relevant election) and that the right result came out on top.

I actually had a tear in my eye reading some of the posts about the outcome................. it must be an age thing, or dust having got into my eye!

Result!!!!!thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Nice to be on the winning side of a vote for once!

Hopefully will be two in a week tonight.

Hope this young man is going to get a boost from this and can receive his award at the stadium.

Great story. If I have a minor grumble it would have been better if we had scrapped the vote entirely and just given Aaron the award - imagine Div had stuck him in there and the lad hadn't won !

But all's well that ends well and great to see the fans/club get some positive PR.

Simply wouldn't have happened

Aaron is due to start his next batch of Chemo tomorrow so won't be able to be at the Motherwell game on Saturday. The family felt that might be a bit much for him anyway, it's quite a lot for a 6 year old to deal with.

So, we are going to do the presentation tomorrow at Ralston at noon. Hoping that our friends at the Cockles Wilson bus will be able to make that to hand over their cheque too, will be speaking to Fraser about that.

I had a shirt signed by the 2013 League Cup Winning Squad that I won in a raffle that I have had framed and will be giving that to the wee man along with the trophy.

Hoping that Steven Thompson will be there to do the honours for us.

post-2-0-78869400-1431525609_thumb.jpg