The Appreciation Thread

On this day in 2015 for the first time this year, we have something approaching optimism on here (with one or two exceptions).

Come on BoD make our joy complete this weekend and launch our new strip for 2015/16 - traditional black and white stripes.

Rumour has it they are thick stripes so probable two or three stripes.

Why the hell we cant get back to a traditional seven to six stripes on the jersey is beyond me. On a more positive note anything would be better than last season.

Old Paper boy who I always expect is Andy ala Captain Sensible as he was always one for throwing up statistics. Give the guy a chance mate lets see what team he builds and how we play.

First order of business for the new manager is to get rid of the dead wood from last season i.e. Wylde, Arquin etc and then tell Teale, Thompson and Goodwin to get on their bikes too.

New broom, clear the decks.

Well he is going to speak to Teale on Sunday my money is on him being the assistant.

Thompson I'm not sure he has another season in him , however if he can prove his fitness he would be good to have in the championship.

Goodwin should be given the captains armband for me he as an essential part of a young team.

Don't believe everything you hear and rad in the Sun or from gossip queens

Well, looking at that big list of Dumbarton results has convinced me - Ian Murray is a certainty to fail as St Mirren manager. The BoD should have looked at those results and binned his application.

In a similar fashion, can I also take this opportunity to wish Gary Teale every success in his next job - I'll go large with my fries Gary, and throw in a McFlurry and a portion of diddy donuts too, eh?

Edited by pozbaird

You think it's irrelevant that our new manager's previous team conceded 3 goals or more 19 times last year including to lower league opposition when we're being told we have a young ambitious manager who helped Dumbarton punch above their weight. Results show they were often gubbed by Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Livingston, teams who finished below them in the league. I'm remembering the meltdowns on here when we lost a few games by 3 or more to teams like Motherwell, Ross County and Partick Thistle. Imagine those kind of results every second game of the season for a full season and you have the story of last season at Dumbarton.

give it a rest, the guys just through the door. I have a good feeling about this one. Welcome to paisley ian

You think it's irrelevant that our new manager's previous team conceded 3 goals or more 19 times last year including to lower league opposition when we're being told we have a young ambitious manager who helped Dumbarton punch above their weight. Results show they were often gubbed by Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Livingston, teams who finished below them in the league. I'm remembering the meltdowns on here when we lost a few games by 3 or more to teams like Motherwell, Ross County and Partick Thistle. Imagine those kind of results every second game of the season for a full season and you have the story of last season at Dumbarton.

Fair enough, but he has different players to work with now, you cannot compare Dumbarton to Saint Mirren no matter who the manager is, i am not over enthusiastic about his appointment but i am thankfull that we did not appoint from within and now have a manager who has actually managed a team for more than half a dozen games. I personally wish him all the best and hope he does well.

On this day in 2015 for the first time this year, we have something approaching optimism on here (with one or two exceptions).

Come on BoD make our joy complete this weekend and launch our new strip for 2015/16 - traditional black and white stripes.

It is going to be black and white stripes in a more traditional vein than the barcode strip, so i have been told, what sickens me about that though is that the people who have told me this have actually seen the design but will not say what it is exactly - why the big shroud of secrecy - we are going to see it at some stage ffs, get a grip ya bunch of " i know but i'm not telling" fannies. By all means keep the discussions and variety of choices under wraps, but when the choice has been made just feckin show us it.

On second thoughts show us all the options and let us vote on it, ya dollop of prima-donnas.

Rant over.

2 years is good grounding for a young manager is the championship league

perfect timing for HIM to step up and move forward with HIS career

the fact that he is taking ST.MIRREN with him on his journey is a win-win situation for us all

whats not to like

Yes

It's the club and JD Sports that are insisting on the confidentiality clause not the fans council.

Cut the Fans Council some slack. The ones to blame for the current clusterf uck of a strip are Brian Caldwell and JD Sports.

They should apologise and donate the remaining stock to charity.

Then apologise to the charity they donate it to.

I hope and believe Ian is the right man for us. I'd hoped we would get him last year but I think he was put off by the amount of in-fighting that seemed to be going on and the prospect of having to deal with our senior players who were older than him. That might still present some difficulty but I'm sure he can assert himself. I have a good feeling about this appointment.

Some of the negativity on here, largely from the usual suspects, is damned near gut-wrenching. I suppose it's how they get their rocks off. I've no idea what any of it has to do with supporting St.Mirren.

Welcome aboard Ian Murray.

The next few weeks / months will be very interesting to see who stays and who leaves and who we sign.

I wasn't too suprised that Ian Murray got the job. Timely move by the BOD

Would also be interesting to know who the other four were that were on the short list. Not that it matters much as the BOD have picked the man that will hopefully get us back where we belong. Might take a few seasons, but you never know, only time will tell.

Some of the negativity on here, largely from the usual suspects, is damned near gut-wrenching. I suppose it's how they get their rocks off. I've no idea what any of it has to do with supporting St.Mirren.

Indeed.

FFS, most of us were even willing to give Craig a chance despite huge misgivings. Quite why a few folk seem determined to piss all over this appointment before the ink is even dry on the contract is beyond me. We shouldn't be surprised, I suppose, but it is irritating to see for all that.

One of the lowest scorers in the Championship last season, second worst defence and had Cowdenbeath not been pumped 10-0 in one match Dumbarton would have had the worst defence in the division.

I totally agree, great achievement from a part time club...