Andy Webster

billymehmet1

Well Andy Webster has moved into a house just 2 or 3 doors down from mine on my street so I would take it he is signing for somebody close by and the fact he is training with us I would say it seems very likely to happen

You must live in a massive house if your neighbour is on Cheesy's salary. Could you PM me Webster's address for my begging letters.

From all my sources who claim to "Not Be In The know" (sources who predicted we widnae be selt this week).... The most likely scenario is Eebster is just training with us to get fit, and is looking for a better offer than we can ever make to him. Only chink of light maybe if he doesn't see the money come the end of August.

Webster has always struck me as the Allan Gow of centre halfs. Not sure I'd by happy with this.

In what way? He's had a far more successful career than Gow and aside from a lot of injuries at Rangers, he's always been a solid and reliable presence in relatively successful defences.

Gow, on the other hand, is a shitehawk.

If he has a full preseason under his belt, and is ready to go, I would hope we'd be willing to push the boat out, though Naismith's injury might scupper availability of funds.

The stage is set for somebody to come in and sign him from under our noses now.

From all my sources who claim to "Not Be In The know" (sources who predicted we widnae be selt this week).... The most likely scenario is Eebster is just training with us to get fit, and is looking for a better offer than we can ever make to him. Only chink of light maybe if he doesn't see the money come the end of August.

He is nowhere near fit... Surprised an experienced player like Webster would have let his fitness go so much during the close season, especially at his age when he doesn't have a club.

What i read into Webster's comments here is...

"I wont be panicked into anything" = "Thanks for letting me train for hee-haw but the money St Mirren are offering will be my last resort"

f**ksake I thought I was bad your way worse than me.

He is nowhere near fit... Surprised an experienced player like Webster would have let his fitness go so much during the close season, especially at his age when he doesn't have a club.

Apparently he did a full pre-season with Coventry so he shouldn't be too bad.

What i read into Webster's comments here is...

"I wont be panicked into anything" = "Thanks for letting me train for hee-haw but the money St Mirren are offering will be my last resort"

f**ksake I thought I was bad your way worse than me.

It disnae mean 'Naw' yet... But he is shamelessly trying the old "come and get me" ploy to whoever will pay him the most. Another wait for us to see if he gets a better offer, or not..?