Steven Thompson Legend Simple

We want you to retire. Definitely one season too many posting for you, with your online legendary status tarnished.... Time to hang up the keyboard and leave with some dignity intact!

I love it when folk use the term "we" when they like to think they are talking on behalf of all their imaginary friends!

:1eye:lol:

I love it when folk use the term "we" when they like to think they are talking on behalf of all their imaginary friends!

1eye.giflol.gif:

"They" all play dominos together and kid on that "they" go to every game , and "they" personally know SG and board. "They" are either all same poster or "they" are all a bunch of w@nkers....

I see that "How to win friends" book hasn't been a success? 1eye.gif

Oh how we/they/all could be a super supporter/poster like you. bye1.gif

I am a super supporter, I didn't realize that involved being part of a wee crew on here. Not friends my fellow poster, comments on performance, staff and Saints, its just some that need to have a go. "They" know who they are. And yes are w@nkers. If the hat fits....................

This forum is rapidly degenerating. I had hoped that when the season started it might pick up a wee bit, but around 80% of the current output is f**king drivel.

I hasten to add that I readily acknowledge any culpability on my part, but we should all surely be looking to raise the general tone a bit, no?

Given the propensity for replying to my posts- I think you would miss me a bit too much if I retired.

Not sure how you hang up a keyboard, especially on a phone. I know how to hang up a phone though but I don't think that is what you mean.

Careful BOK "They" will have their mod mates banning you if you don't agree with everything "They" post....

I have signed a "TFA" (Totally f**king Agree) agreement for every post "They" have made or will ever make. You'll know who "They" are as "They" talk a lot about "We" when posting opinions on behalf of "They".

However...

Playing a lone striker allows the wide players to play higher up the pitch to run the channels, allowing the lone striker to concentrate on playing centrally.

They are also able to pressurise the full backs.

The lone striker also usually means an extra man in midfield who can support the striker.

Anyway, back to Thommo & how it's best to use him this season.

I agree with the theory that one up front can be attacking, but I think the one has to be physically strong and mobile enough to cause the defenders problems. The problem we had in the first half on Friday was that our wide players had to spend most of their time tracking back to cover their full backs. That left a big gap to Thommo, and they were comfortable in leaving it to their central defenders to cover him.

This forum is rapidly degenerating. I had hoped that when the season started it might pick up a wee bit, but around 80% of the current output is f**king drivel.

I hasten to add that I readily acknowledge any culpability on my part, but we should all surely be looking to raise the general tone a bit, no?

Could not agree more, its total driv. We have a flipping a hole using this stage to slag off the SNPs, I obviously touched a vein with the OF, and then we get the idiots who want to sack/ replace anyone if they have a bad 90 mins.

Where the discussion. Maybe they just think its all about banter these days, whatever that means

Anyway, back to Thommo & how it's best to use him this season.

I agree with the theory that one up front can be attacking, but I think the one has to be physically strong and mobile enough to cause the defenders problems. The problem we had in the first half on Friday was that our wide players had to spend most of their time tracking back to cover their full backs. That left a big gap to Thommo, and they were comfortable in leaving it to their central defenders to cover him.

I also didn't think the ball was sticking to Thompson at all. His first touch has never been his greatest attribute, but it completely deserted him on Friday.

It was a very poor showing by the standard he has set in previous seasons (last season exempted on account of his injury problems).

I hope he comes storming back, but won't be holding my breath, sadly.

Hear hear Drew. One league game and knickerwetting goes into overdrive plus Shull spouting about losing our manager when the ink on his 2 year contract us not dry. A bit more positivity please folks. Ps whatever happened to Miss Saint and Hollz?

Careful BOK "They" will have their mod mates banning you if you don't agree with everything "They" post....

I have signed a "TFA" (Totally f**king Agree) agreement for every post "They" have made or will ever make. You'll know who "They" are as "They" talk a lot about "We" when posting opinions on behalf of "They".

What a crock of shite.

According to Doug,we are all assholes, wankers and idiots and we are fellow Buddies.

Some read what they want to read. Two folk above obviously didn't read my Ian Murray Thread properly. I want him to be a huge St Mirren success and stay for a long time.

1eye.giflol.gif:

Did you actually bother to read the post I made in response to Beyond Our Ken when I used the term 'we'? It was clearly light-hearted and made a bit of 'tarnished reputation' fun in regard to his Thommo' 'tarnished' reputation post.

I have no idea what the entire forum thinks about Beyond Our Ken or anyone else's posting.

Your other alias(es) are a bit better than this. Not by much mind you, but still.

Edited by pozbaird