Steven Thompson Legend Simple

Agree had he scored pen and we had drawn he wouldn't have to be subjected to this crap. His legs ain't gone he always has been a player who required a Partner. A lone striker he is not but put balls in.the box and he delivers. The criticism of him is really poor from people who have short memories. This guy should be back among the goals v soon

I think some of the post are OTT judge Thompson after a few games, Rangers were right at us from the start, took us a while to settle down. If he scored that penalty would we be discussing this.

Probably not. Would we be discussing this if he had done his job and kept up with play and scored a couple of goals? Probably not. He didn't and we are.

Quite simple really.

happy to contradict yourself, you mean. You clearly expressed a wish that the thread be shut down because you didn't like the negativity. That clearly means you just wanted to see nice stuff. And why comment on what you are not interested in? That just doesn't make any sense.

Just to remind you of what YOU wrote, you sidestepped the topic and tried to poke fun or invite derision towards the person.

I can take everything dished out and more on here, doesn't mean I cant come back when someone oversteps the mark by labelling me a fanny in a cowardly way, not replying is giving in to the bullies. You joined in with the pack with your comment, fly with the craws and you get shot with them. anyway, back on topic, Thomson should have been dismissed for his antics and is not in a fit state to play at this level-both are relevant comments to make in a thread that invites discussion on the "legend" status. So I ask again, why not address the comments rather than dig at the person?

hahahaha greeeeat post :)

Agree had he scored pen and we had drawn he wouldn't have to be subjected to this crap. His legs ain't gone he always has been a player who required a Partner. A lone striker he is not but put balls in.the box and he delivers. The criticism of him is really poor from people who have short memories. This guy should be back among the goals v soon

exactly but some have made their mind up already and when u disagree they become stroppy and acuse u of picking on them bullying them even

what a strange world we live in

1eye.gif

exactly but some have made their mind up already and when u disagree they become stroppy and acuse u of picking on them bullying them even

what a strange world we live in

1eye.gif

Indeed.

Reasoned opinions I can live with.

Denigrating a player's or a manager's reputation in a cowardly manner is unacceptable IMO.

As is repeating your opinion every time in an unhinged and obsessive manner.

Mixu Paatelainen was still bagging double figures in goals at this level up to the age of 39. He was on the way to doing it again with at the age of 40 until he got injured.

Craig Brewster was banging in the goals in the top flight up the age of 40 and even managed to do it whilst combing the role of manager with playing!

I wouldn't write Thompson of after 1 game at Ibrox. I think he will do a job for us this season.

My thought is simple. He simply doesn't have the engine or legs for starting up front on his lonesome. Impact player from the bench for me, sadly.

I agree. One of Murray's many challenges this season is how and when he uses The Hawk. Personally I'm glad he's with us for another season. He did not deliberately miss the penalty on Friday night - despite what supporters of The Two Ugly Sisters might think!

I agree. One of Murray's many challenges this season is how and when he uses The Hawk. Personally I'm glad he's with us for another season. He did not deliberately miss the penalty on Friday night - despite what supporters of The Two Ugly Sisters might think!

No way did he try not to score. I was getting a couple of Allan Picken's great pics of Thommo and Teale turning in celebration after a late equaliser at Ibrox autographed for charity. Thommo, when signing the photos said... 'That's a great photo isn't it? Just look at our faces. Some folk said if I scored at Ibrox I wouldn't celebrate. Fcuk that - that was magic!'

I used it as my signature text for a while, until the club proved themselves incapable of updating the HoF boards in the stadium for one, two, three.... years.

I listened to a bit of Radio Scotland this afternoon. During half time at Pittodrie, they were debating the wisdom of playing Boyd up front on his own as he can't run the channels, run away from the defenders or pressure them in possession. It struck me as being similar to the situation with Thommo. Playing him as a lone forward in games where we won't have much possession is a waste of time and not doing him any favours. We need to pick and choose when he plays, but didn't really have any other options for that role at Ibrox.

I listened to a bit of Radio Scotland this afternoon. During half time at Pittodrie, they were debating the wisdom of playing Boyd up front on his own as he can't run the channels, run away from the defenders or pressure them in possession.

However...

Playing a lone striker allows the wide players to play higher up the pitch to run the channels, allowing the lone striker to concentrate on playing centrally.

They are also able to pressurise the full backs.

The lone striker also usually means an extra man in midfield who can support the striker.

If he scores the penalty and brings the game back to 2-2 then I'm sure there wouldn't be the same level of criticism... because he would have done his job within the team (to score goals). Presumably he is in the team to help us score goals and provide some leadership and experience and help guide the young guys in the team through tricky games like away at Ibrox. He didn't hit the target with his penalty and ballooned it miles over and his miss was the pivotal moment in the game.

Indeed.

Reasoned opinions I can live with.

Denigrating a player's or a manager's reputation in a cowardly manner is unacceptable IMO.

As is repeating your opinion every time in an unhinged and obsessive manner.

so you don't accept that back-handedly referring to me as a fanny is not abusive?

Too cowardly to do it directly and too cowardly to face up to what you did.

i'd go back to checking the punctuation & grammar. You were doing fine when you confined yourself to that,

Edited by beyond our ken

i'd go back to checking the punctuation & grammar. You were doing fine when you confined yourself to that,

Full stop at the end there mate, not a comma. Oh, and a capital letter 'I' required at the start of your last sentence. Not sure about the ampersand use either. Looks like a double space after 'grammar' too. You've blootered that sentence right over the Copland Stand roof.

BOK has recently criticised travelling Saints support for booing a player, which didn't actually happen.

He then bizarrely said Paisley Golf Club is a bigoted institution which discriminates against Catholics. Also completely false, the captain of the club is a catholic.

A complete disaster of a poster.

BOK has recently criticised travelling Saints support for booing a player, which didn't actually happen.

He then bizarrely said Paisley Golf Club is a bigoted institution which discriminates against Catholics. Also completely false, the captain of the club is a catholic.

Worse than any of that, he's constantly defending Lord Lookatme. 1eye.gif

Anyway back to the point FFS. This site is full of old woman

Thommo had a bad game , he will have good ones, playing up front at Ibrox at 36 as lone striker its a very tough gig, and big deal he missed a pen. Knowing Thommo he will be totally distraught.

Still a huge player for us on and off park

recently- almost 2 years ago, and i repeated what was said on the radio and said "IF true"

Regards

the golf club-I was misled and apologised-what more do you want?

recently- almost 2 years ago, and i repeated what was said on the radio and said "IF true"

Regards

the golf club-I was misled and apologised-what more do you want?

We want you to retire. Definitely one season too many posting for you, with your online legendary status tarnished.... Time to hang up the keyboard and leave with some dignity intact!

We want you to retire. Definitely one season too many posting for you, with your online legendary status tarnished.... Time to hang up the keyboard and leave with some dignity intact!

Given the propensity for replying to my posts- I think you would miss me a bit too much if I retired.

Not sure how you hang up a keyboard, especially on a phone. I know how to hang up a phone though but I don't think that is what you mean.

Given the propensity for replying to my posts- I think you would miss me a bit too much if I retired.

Not sure how you hang up a keyboard, especially on a phone. I know how to hang up a phone though but I don't think that is what you mean.

Think there are far more voluntary redundancies before you are put out to stud.

Happy to provide a list, some on here cant make a comment without a neg comment to a fellow buddie. So in true tradition I would have those concerned burned at the stake...... There used to be an old guy in front of me in 80s who was always drunk and swore, it could be anyone of about 20 posters on here, or maybe kemp, pozbaird, linwood buddie, oaksoft, shull are actually the same person bye1.gif