Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

Anybody know why our best dead ball prospect and general midfield thinker (Mallan) continues to warm the bench while inferior personnel make the first team?

He's been pretty poor so far this season when he's played, other than about 20 minutes against the blue bigots.

However, if he played alongside Goodwin he might benefit from it.

Main points from tonight:

Gallagher was pretty dangerous. Id have him on from the start now.

McMullan hid once he got booted about a bit. Ref didnt protect him, but we really need him to be our out ball for the whole 90 minutes.

Our midfield isnt good enough to play with one up front. Teams in this league are good at shutting down quickly, in fact that and long balls is all they are good at. The idea of having three danger men behind Thompson is nice, but sadly our players just are not good enough. I think we need to start going two up, one of them should be Gallagher, and if that means no place for McMullan then so be it.

Andy Webster better be signing soon. Baird needs a proper partner at the back.

Goody played well.

Carswell and Conlan look like poor signings, but hopefully its a case of the team just needing more time together.

Very disappointed in Ian Murray so far. We should have been prepared for Dumbarton and prepared tonight. He really better turn things round quickly.

Ref was a c**t. No reason to chop off the goal or give the red card.

That f**k Langfield is here. We would have lost 3-0 with Ridgers in goal.

You saying that given the fact we were a shambles most of the game and down to 10 men you are dissapointed with the draw??

Either just pointless post building or a sad attempt to try and be clever. In any case you know fk all.

With 11 men we should be beating teams like Mortin but given the events of the night ill take a point and hopefully 3 next game.

we were second best at 11 v 11

You just post building or, whatever?

I know Murray is a bad appointment

What was the other one?

My apologies. :)

I've been on another planet... without my iPad or phone chargers, until I got them back this evening.

I'd heard Tue was 2-0, but have now watched the highlights on the other match thread... And I think that (as it was a shitey penalty) I'll hold to my line that Langers has had two clean(ish) sheets.

But TA for keeping me right. :rolleyes:

we were second best at 11 v 11

You just post building or, whatever?

I know Murray is a bad appointment

1st comment - I agree

2nd comment - 2 cocodamol and a coffee for you ;)

3rd comment - Im still to be convinced n just hoping he gets the boys playing.

Edit to add... since we were 2nd best 11 v 11 and You say Murray is a shite appointment. Does that mean you will be happy with the point gained tonight?

Edited by LoganSMFC

Surprised that we actually looked far more comfortable with 10 than 11. There are literally dozens of things to try and fix in this side.

Thought we looked better with 10 men. Gallagher had a good game when he came on and McMullan was more in things. Time to ditch Thompson on his own up front.

Ref was shite for both teams, who was he? Never heard of him before, thought we'd get someone experienced. Six minutes added on was about right although don't know how there was only one in the first half.

Happy with that point in the circumstances but unless Murray stops trying to cram in as many midfielders as possible we will have a hard season.

People who were saying we were lucky not to lose...

I take it you know there was only one perfectly good goal scored tonight, and it wasn't by them...?

If any team was lucky not to lose, it was Morton.

Edited by TopCat

Anybody know why our best dead ball prospect and general midfield thinker (Mallan) continues to warm the bench while inferior personnel make the first team?

Clearly he's he'd a fall out with the manager who thinks he wants his job. Wait, sorry, that conspiracy theory only applies to our experienced players.

There's definitely some positives there tonight. Langfield and Goodwin have hopefully played their way to being regulars. Watson was solid. Gallagher looks like he can do some damage in a front two.

The central defence is still naive though and getting Webster or similar in would be a big plus. It was summed up by Baird's header to Watson getting us into trouble and Kelly being left on-on-one with Johnstone who should have scored in the first half. Mallan seemingly had a stinker at Annan and hopefully he'll return to form soon as Carsewell looked out of position, McMullan has talent though not likely ever to good enough for Septic, but needs to look for the ball more.

I take it you know there was only one perfectly good goal scored tonight, and it wasn't by them...?

We were "lucky" in the sense that McDonald didnt put that chance away at the end. But then we were playing Morton, so its not really luck...

I think we will have learned a lot from tonight. It took Hibs a while to adjust, but I really hoped with Murray we wouldn't need 8 or 9 games to work out how to beat Dumbarton and Morton.

Would never have taken Agnew off, was our only goal threat. McMullan and howieson were non existent. Should've been one of them. But at the end of the day there's no hiding the fact we are rank rotten! Didn't build one single move in the whole game!!!

hope your getting Carswell and McMullan mixed up

There's definitely some positives there tonight. Langfield and Goodwin have hopefully played their way to being regulars. Watson was solid. Gallagher looks like he can do some damage in a front two.

The central defence is still naive though and getting Webster or similar in would be a big plus. It was summed up by Baird's header to Watson getting us into trouble and Kelly being left on-on-one with Johnstone who should have scored in the first half. Mallan seemingly had a stinker at Annan and hopefully he'll return to form soon as Carsewell looked out of position, McMullan has talent though not likely ever to good enough for Septic, but needs to look for the ball more.

Yep, I would go along with all of that. Good analysis.

If any team was lucky not to lose, it was Morton.

Langfield playing like Oliver Kahn had a lot to do with that though. Had he not been on top form it could have been different.

I agree that our goal should have stood and i believe we would have kicked up a gear if it did.

Thought we looked better with 10 men. Gallagher had a good game when he came on and McMullan was more in things. Time to ditch Thompson on his own up front.

Ref was shite for both teams, who was he? Never heard of him before, thought we'd get someone experienced. Six minutes added on was about right although don't know how there was only one in the first half.

Happy with that point in the circumstances but unless Murray stops trying to cram in as many midfielders as possible we will have a hard season.

I've only been saying thompson doesn't work up top on his own for a good year now. There 2 up top causes us problems all night.

We will be lucky to stay up this season never mind the play offs.

Can somebody tell me how often we worked there keeper?

Pathetic.