Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

Murray seems to have weaken us where we were strongest in central midfield. Carsewell and Agnew are either taking time to gel or not up to it. At the same time he has failed to strengthen us where we are weakest up front.

The defence and goalie are ok I think.

We were absolutely devoid of ideas last night. Even before the sending off. Which I thought was worthy of at least a yellow and can forgive the ref for showing red as Conlan was never in control of his movement. He dived in. He did make a howler of a decision with the "goal" he unjustly chopped off though.

That aside, this was another poor showing and it would be a mistake to use the loss of a player as an excuse.

One plus could be that the manager now knows Goodies worth to the team and maybe, just maybe, he'll realise that Thommo is wasted as a lone striker.

if the opposition manager comes out and says it wasn't a red think it's fair to say it prob wasn't and it my opinion it was never a red card

I rarely listen to post match interviews and don't see any reason to change my mind just because the opposition manager decides to play the incident down - my opinion remains that in 2015 it was a red card.

Well that was rank rotten.

For the third league game in a row we have been outfought and that I refuse to accept. We were once again second to every ball, the team are not working hard enough.

This has been a poor start and I fear we are in for a poor season. Oh and why in the name of the Harry Monk do we insist on playing with one striker?

Tom Hendrie, now there was a man who knew this division!

Edited by TediousTom

For the third league game in a row we have been outfought and that I refuse to accept. We were once again second to every ball, the team are not working hard enough.

This has been a poor start and I fear we are in for a poor season. Oh and why in the name of the Harry Monk do we insist on playing with one striker?

I have to admit despite some positive aspects, Morton looked more up for that game last night!

On balance, the truly disappointing aspect is the loss to Dumbarton at home though. Yes there are a number of frustrating aspects about the game last night and at Ibrox but 4 from 9, accepting a loss away against the league's big spenders and a draw away to local derby rivals having played with 10 men most of the second half would have been an ok start. The loss to Dumbarton makes it a disappointing one.

We have the makings of a good side and if we can keep the travelling support from our 1st two away league games it could still be a very exciting season. Need to iron out the tactics going forward though if this is to happen...

Thought Howieson was a bit better last night, although I think he would do better further infield in a central role.

The most annoying thing about last night is that we sat off Morton far too much, and when we did press, it was only for a short spell. Felt sorry for Thommo, won a lot of headers but he needs someone up with him.

My tuppence worth is: - I thought langfield and Goody were excellent. Howieson, I thought, had his best game for us going forward but cany defend, hence nae balance on left wi Conlon. McMullen had the beating of their defence all night, needs to play just behind tommo and not wide right. Midfield, too many central players, Goody should play as holding.

Exactly, clubs like us either put the money in to the Academy or to the squad...cannae have both. It's not England, where even Championship and League One clubs get decent tv money and can mostly ignore their academy. I don't even think our younger players are the issue, it's starting XI that needs worked on. Howieson doesn't look like a left sided wide player for starters.

The younger players are our starting 11

Our midfield and forward line no way good enough especially down the left hand side

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights game.No great football on display,more of a good,old fashioned,get in aboot them type of game.

Crappielow could be a smashing wee Ground.Decent seats and a roof at our end and a wee roof at the home end and you'd get a proper atmosphere.Doubt it'll ever happen tho.

To have Watson starting was quite a risk considering he had only just signed but he didn't put a foot wrong. Obviously there is work to be done, for example going forward we offered no attacking threat on either flank. We are far too narrow. One thing that has carried over from last season is the annoying habit we have of trying little fancy flicks and touches which results in us giving away possession and coming under pressure. There is a time for attempting that kind of stuff. It's not when you're 0-0 or even 1-0 up( what does that feel like?) it's when you're cruising to victory and full of confidence. We are no where near that yet. Hard work ahead.

Who threatened you?

i simply pointedout the childish and cowardly comment that you wouldn't dare repeat to someone's face. Now THAT is pitiful

i'd never post anthing i wouldn't say to any of your faces

You'll be waiting a long while, but i won't succumb toyour bullying

You are making posts like that elvis twat, this is why you are drawing replies of this nature.

Either support the team or get tae fùck ya big wean!!

St Mirren hater revealed above!

I think that given time st mirren will be a useful mid table 1st division team.

We have a lot of good young players that will take time to gel, I think

we should lower our expectations and just look to consolidate in

this division.

Its very much a re-building process, I believe in Ian Murray, however

to expect us to be challenging for promotion this season is unrealistic.

Maybe next season.

Win the other three games against morton, show up well against

Rangers and Hibs and this will be a good season.

We are no longer an SPFL team and we should adjust to

this idea and get on with it and stop moaning.

I think that given time st mirren will be a useful mid table 1st division team.

We have a lot of good young players that will take time to gel, I think

we should lower our expectations and just look to consolidate in

this division.

Its very much a re-building process, I believe in Ian Murray, however

to expect us to be challenging for promotion this season is unrealistic.

Maybe next season.

Win the other three games against morton, show up well against

Rangers and Hibs and this will be a good season.

We are no longer an SPFL team and we should adjust to

this idea and get on with it and stop moaning.

This.

I've read a few of the posts on here and I'm beginning to think I might have been at a different match last night. The Thompson goal was rightly chopped off. Baird fouled the Morton keeper, it was obvious. The referee was again 100% right to send Conlan off. That was a shocking tackle and the very definition of dangerous play. And the so called Morton "sending off" was nothing of the sort. He Morton man, McClusky I think, actually got to the ball first and cleanly and Goodwin clattered him on the head. Why the Morton player got a yellow card is anyones guess.

Watching the play on the park, Kelly's defending was poor - particularly when he allowed a Morton striker to get from behind him to put the ball wide. Baird's distribution out of defence was woeful. Up front St Mirren offered little and despite having a midfield 5, Morton dominated. Goodwin had a decent match, as did Langfield but the rest was just the usual dross .