St Mirren V Partick Thistle Scottish Cup Friday 8/1/15

shull

Nearly 10000 at the 1973 Cup Tie between the Clubs at Love Street.

We were in the League below then also and had a smaller average home gate.

Game was played on a Saturday with Season Tickets valid with other punters not getting ripped off.

Fans were mixed also and bottles, cans and stones were flying all over the place.

More civilised now thankfully.

Give me the 1973 regulations any day. Packed enclosure with everyone standing. I might even have considered going !

I can't imagine that figure for ourselves is accurate Div.

Even keeping back the front few rows in the North stand. The stand holds more than 1600 according to wiki.

We've sold out our allocation in the south stand, it would be interesting to know how many that was. Then the main stand mixed section?

Either way, it's building up to be a great night for all.

Won't have sold much more than 1500 mate. If they have kept the front 2 or 3 rows empty in the North then that is about 10% of the capacity reduced as it only has 22 rows.

I'm confused about the "selling out of the South Stand" as there are are five blocks in that stand. Looking at our live ticketing site there are three blocks showing 50% used, one showing 25% used and the other showing less than 25% used. If Thistle have sold out their allocation for that stand then it can't have amounted to very many tickets !

Either way 1500 sales at this point is very good, hopefully Thistle can squeeze 2000 out of it which would be tremendous.

Anyone have any idea if i can pay for tickets over the phone today and just collect tomorrow to make the saving?

Can't see that being a problem mate, there is a specific window for ticket uplifts on matchday, over the other side of the shop, towards the away end.

Give the ticket office a buzz and they will confirm I am sure.

How hideous is the weather in Paisley and is there the possibility of it affecting the game going ahead? I ask this because I'm north of Dundee and it's utterly foul.

Edited to add:- Make the "Dundee/weather/foul (delete as applicable)" joke at your leisure....

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

How hideous is the weather in Paisley and is there the possibility of it affecting the game going ahead? I ask this because I'm north of Dundee and it's utterly foul.

Edited to add:- Make the "Dundee/weather/foul (delete as applicable)" joke at your leisure....

Been very wet today but not to any degree that would trouble the legend that is Tommy Doc.

Supposed to be some snow and a drop in temps tomorrow but again, can't see it being bad enough to threaten the match.

Won't have sold much more than 1500 mate. If they have kept the front 2 or 3 rows empty in the North then that is about 10% of the capacity reduced as it only has 22 rows.

I'm confused about the "selling out of the South Stand" as there are are five blocks in that stand. Looking at our live ticketing site there are three blocks showing 50% used, one showing 25% used and the other showing less than 25% used. If Thistle have sold out their allocation for that stand then it can't have amounted to very many tickets !

Either way 1500 sales at this point is very good, hopefully Thistle can squeeze 2000 out of it which would be tremendous.

Maybe if the blocks in the south stand are not being segregated in the traditional way all this means is Thistle could well have sold out their allocation of the mixed family area and as usual SMFC will have hardly any fans in the family stand?

Ah , was going to buy them online for collection tomorrow. Might just go to the pub instead.

I've always thought the section nearest the family stand is blocked off for youth players. Seems to be down as the same for the Raith game as well. Just presumed the mixed section was at the other end of the Main stand. Could be wrong though.