Prospects For The Club .

I agree with most of this BtB but what I struggle was the fact we paid a fee, indeed outbid Dundee Utd, for a player who wasn't a first pick in any position. Surely the manager should have a "nailed on role" in mind for such a signing.

I never understood why we paid for Imrie. He'd have been a decent signing on a free, but to fork out a reputed £35k for him (how often have we paid that sort of fee for anyone in the past 20 years?) was just crazy, compounded by him being empted within 18 months.

I think he said after he left he prefers to be played on the right and, aside from his debut against Celtic, that barely happened.

I always try and remain positive, which is not always easy. I think I'm what's commonly known as a "happy clapper".

We've been on a downward spiral almost since March 18th 2013. The worst hangover in history.

I wouldn't blame anyone for giving up their season ticket based on what has happened in the three years since we lifted that trophy, it's not been a whole lot of fun especially at home games.

Was talking to my mate at the u-20s game yesterday and we ended up going down memory lane and remembering the fun we at at Love Street as we grew up supporting the team and the amazing season of 99-00 which I can't imagine will ever be bettered in terms of the sheer enjoyment of every game. The bond between the team and the fans, and the management at that time was really special and the board were doing amazing things WITH the fans to help get us promoted with the construction of the PDE stand even though we were financially f**ked.

Whether we'll get a season quite like that again I doubt, but the good times WILL come back, I've absolutely no doubt about it. Just got to stick with it and be there when it does turn and we start winning games again.

Those good days are what make all the million shite days in between worthwhile and why I was a bubbling wreck at the cup final when Newton smashed home the third goal :-)

I won't be renewing my ST's next season ,the last couple of seasons have been very poor IMHO to the extent that even though I have purchased two ST's each season I hardly go along , Next season I will pick and choose games or if the current downward spiral continues won't go at all ,on the other hand if thing improve It will cost me more , but I will take that chance.

I won't be giving up my ST but it is a hell of a chore to attend matches these days.

The difference between success and failure is a very fine line. We f**ked up badly twice in my opinion. Recruiting Craig and then recruiting Murray - I honestly thought keeping Teale was a better option with far better credentials for the job but that is water under the bridge now.

Right from the off I was not impressed with Murray's signings as I have stated on many threads before. The signing of Gow told us all we needed to know. It is no surprise that Rae wants rid of most of the squad. After watching our first game against Livi I thought Livi would struggle to take two of our players straight into their team as they appeared miles ahead of what we had. The last few years show how crucial it is to get even a semi-decent manager in.

Maybe we have bottomed out but I do not think that is a foregone conclusion. Most of the players are not good enough for the Championship and we have no money and little time to repair Murray's disaster. 3rd bottom would be the best we can hope for then clear the decks and start again. I do see improvements under Rae however the quality or potential is not there for him to work with.

Wont be giving up my season ticket ether though I understand why so many are disillusioned given the past few years. Christ there was nothing worse than going home after a game getting soaked going to Gilmour street , waiting 20 odd min for a train then sitting miserable on the ferry thinking why am I doing this its a hard slog. Next home game I would be back for more punishment. Have seen a few games under Rae and can see shoots of hope we are defiantly better organized and keep a shape. Have said to myself at long last we have a real football manager just pray this guy is given time.

I gave up my season ticket for this season simply because I couldn't take any more of the same utter pish I've had to put up with over the last few seasons.

Edited to add:- I am, of course, referring not to the team but to the fans. Bunch of f**king utter torn-faced cockbags. flipa.gif

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

I gave up my season ticket for this season simply because I couldn't take any more of the same utter pish I've had to put up with over the last few seasons.

Edited to add:- I am, of course, referring not to the team but to the fans. Bunch of f**king utter torn-faced cockbags. flipa.gif

Ach you've gotta moan about something. Some people moan about the Murn some people moan about Coldplay.

I might be wrong but isn't moaning built into the price anyway. You could have special cheap rate ST's for people who could be guaranteed not to moan, but that probably only upset another subset of our fans. online2long.gif

We have certainly been on a downward spiral. With Murray at the helm it was truly grim.

AR is only just in the door and already the team are working better and winning more, though there is a long way to go. But the squad is not so deep, and some of the better players are not yet available (Naismith and Goodwin) Other than Quinn and his right hand man AR has not yet managed to make improvements that will lift us quickly. Let's be honest - there are constraints, mainly financial, but also the instability of directors who know they are not able to give all that is needed and their control which limits AR's freedom.

So we are in flux, but for now at least the rot has stopped.

Soon we can hope for and strive for people who will improve our club financially/commercially and who will reach out into the community to draw in a bigger fan base - this will help longer term ongoing income.

Meantime let's hope that AR gets 1 or 2 better players in before the transfer window closes and that he gets the squad sorted out a bit over the summer for a better start to next season. (Oh how many of us dream of starting well, as we mean to go on)

We are allowed to be disappointed - but our club needs our support - and our ambition should fuel expectations that we are aiming to be back in the top league, and someday take a venture into Europe, without it being just for our holidays.

Come On Ye Saints - surely over the next 2 games we will add some more points?

Your not a fan anymore then?

Your not a fan anymore then?

Yes he is (or more accurately he could be).

Fan is short for fanatic. You can be fanatical about something whilst not holding a season ticket for the thing you are fanatical about. An example would be someone who lives and breathes Elvis Pressley but never saw him in concert owing to the fact that he is dead, reputedly whilst emtying his bowels (okay an Elvis season ticket was never offered however I wanted to make the toilet reference).

A supporter however is someone who literally "supports" the thing that requires supporting. As a season ticket holder you are supporting the club financially and as such you may refer to yourself as a "supporter".

I trust you will find this informative and helpful!

Fan is short for fanatic. You can be fanatical about something whilst not holding a season ticket for the thing you are fanatical about. An example would be someone who lives and breathes Elvis Pressley but never saw him in concert owing to the fact that he is dead, reputedly whilst emtying his bowels (okay an Elvis season ticket was never offered however I wanted to make the toilet reference).

A supporter however is someone who literally "supports" the thing that requires supporting. As a season ticket holder you are supporting the club financially and as such you may refer to yourself as a "supporter".

So the post is made to the fans and not the supporters ? Get it now ,so the fans are cockbags and the supporters aren't ? Thanks Tom I think I get it now.

yet another futile attempt at looking clever

HHIBS is a died in the wool bud who feels deeply about the club-in contrast, your post is utter pish

We seem to be surprised that we find ourselves in this downward spiral. Our recruitment of management and players is appalling, and we have a rudderless ship. Our young talent is not mentored and we hang on to deadwood rather than create new shoots. In can get a lot worse.

Let be honest, we are going to play Alloa- Yes Alloa, on Saturday, its a 6 pointer and shows just how far we have plummeted in 2.5 years.

We had a chance in the last Jan window 2015 to sign, who did we sign a Ross County Reject. Who have we signed so far in 2016? As Ross County excess to their needs? Yes that's Ross County?

We need to stop hanging on to what we have had in success's and address first what we have.

It was not that long ago, that some on here, said we had a great/ better squad than last year. Some muppets even hang on to the notion that we are still going to challenge the play off positions? Geez. Maybe that is just the drugs kicking in?

We are in a dreadful run of form, extending all the way back to 2013, we have no clue how to attack teams, hence why we are so dreadful at home and the best we can hope for is for a team to play even worse than we are. Our 4 wins have been against QOS, Alloa, Morton and Livi. QOS were in a slump, Morton by all accounts had their worst performance of season. Livi totally out played us second half and Aloa have no right to be plying their trade in the championship.

In saying that what odds a Saints win?

Alloa make it hard for teams, they defend and break, the have beaten Raith, Should have beaten Morton and gave Falkirk and Hibs close matches.

Are they better than us? Well, I hope not, but certainly it appears they have more structure and fight.

Very half full I am sorry, but this situation is sucking the life out the club. BOD please accept the offer. It would be a start

You were one of the biggest cheerleaders on the forum for staying positive as we waited for Ian Murray to turn it around...