Raith Rovers V St Mirren 05;03;2016

Glass half full / half empty. Although our form has picked up, we've not put the relegation issue to bed just yet.

Livi and Dumbarton play each other today and the bookies would have us just 4 points above 9th by the end of today. Livingston's next game is us at their place.

Aye so a win today would settle the nerves a bit!

As feared I'm afraid. Some bottle required now.

FT 4-3

Good game, good game. But we deserved to lose. Raith are a better side than we are this year and will likely finish 4th this season. They're the 4th best team I've seen anyway, well ahead of Morton and QOTS.

We simply can't defend like that and expect to get anything. Strange from us, we conceded a total of 3 goals in the last 6 games before today, and today we concede 4.

The only players to get pass marks for me today were Watson and Clarkson. And Clarkson for his wonder goal only. The rest were shocking, special mentions in that regard to Webster, Irvine, Shankland, Gallagher and Agnew. Hopeless the lot of them.

I don't know what Goodwin is doing to keep himself out the team. I do know we are really missing a player like him.

We now fade out into mid table mediocrity.

Edited by TopCat

Further proof that Alex Rae is most definitely not the answer. :-(

There has been literally no proof that he is not the answer. He has taken the same squad plus one or two better players and has made them an infinitely better team. With no opportunity yet to build his own team, and no pre-season behind him, it is simply not possible to draw that sort of conclusion.

There has been literally no proof that he is not the answer. He has taken the same squad plus one or two better players and has made them an infinitely better team. With no opportunity yet to build his own team, and no pre-season behind him, it is simply not possible to draw that sort of conclusion.

I think Mr Zo was being sarcastic?

There is no need to go overboard.

Football is a game of random chance as well as skill.

I remember back in the season we last won this league in 2006...

We put 4 past Ross County in Dingwall one week despite County having more shots on goal than us.

The following week we conceded 4 at Dundee despite the fact that we'd had more attempts on goal than Dundee and mote attempts on goal than we'd had in Dingwall.

Its long term trends that matter. Don't get hung up on individual games.

Next season will be Alex Rae's chance to prove himself.

When Murray was in charge we were crying out for improvement ,IMHO we have improved under AR . The damage to our season was done before Alex arrived ,a top 4 finish may well be out of our reach now ,but then again it may not ,i'm quite happy with the fact its looking like we will avoid a relegation battle and be better prepared for next season.