Rangers To Be Given South Stand

On Thursday a club announcement was made following a further discussion with members of the Fans Council that day

As a result of feedback received from our supporters affected by the change in seating at the forthcoming Rangers match, the club has engaged with The St Mirren Fans Council and have taken on board the thoughts and feelings of our supporters.

As a result the affected Season Ticket holders are being offered a £10 reduction on next season’s Season Ticket and will be invited to a special screening of the League Cup winning video at a future date to be confirmed.

The venue will be the new SMFC 1877 supporters club which will open shortly. Players from the cup winning team will be in attendance.

The club wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Stable door closed, horse already bolted.

Something like this should have happened BEFORE deciding to give them the extra tickets.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

For those on the Forum who have not read through the 32 pages on this thread .The Facts are:-

Here is the original statement issued in this forum and social media on Tuesday the 15th March from the Chairman of the Fans Council

I would like to update the forum to state that on behalf of the Fans Council I have spoken with Stewart Gilmour today. The purpose of the call was to offer assistance in making decisions of this magnitude in future. The Fans Council would have preferred an audience with the board to assist in the approach and communication of this difficult financial decision.

Stewart has taken this on board and at the same time shared with me some correspondence that he wrote today personally to a fan that contacted him direct.

I have enclosed this below as I believe it helps give his and the boards perspective on the decision made for the re-allocation of the seats in the Family stand for the Rangers fixture.

Fans Council

On Thursday a club announcement was made following a further discussion with members of the Fans Council that day

As a result of feedback received from our supporters affected by the change in seating at the forthcoming Rangers match, the club has engaged with The St Mirren Fans Council and have taken on board the thoughts and feelings of our supporters.

As a result the affected Season Ticket holders are being offered a £10 reduction on next season’s Season Ticket and will be invited to a special screening of the League Cup winning video at a future date to be confirmed.

The venue will be the new SMFC 1877 supporters club which will open shortly. Players from the cup winning team will be in attendance.

The club wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Board will always act in the best interests of St Mirren FC and their supporters and hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to the financial needs of the club and the feelings of our loyal supporters.

We will be contacting the affected supporters directly.

This was a joint announcement from CEO of SMFC and the Chairman of the Fans Council

If you see this scenario as being in the best interests of the fans affected by this decision then that explains a lot to me.

It seems to me that you are saying " you fans don't know what's in your best interests, but we do"

Edited by buddiecat

Quite a lot of drama queens on here. If you are going to "chuck it" because of this I would suspect you were looking for an excuse to do so anyway.

We have been playing at this stadium for years now and never actually sold it out. It's just common sense to try and fill as many seats as often as possible. The board have a responsibility to maximise our revenue and ensure our survival as a business.

The point I would draw the line is if we were to start allocating away supports more seats than the St Mirren support, but that is not the case here.

This should be repeated for all games we can sell out both ends of the ground. Celtic & Sevco fans should be charged 30 quid entry for the privilege.

Only point is this should be made clear at the start of the season to Family Stand season ticket holders, who should be given a nice Main Stand seat when shifted.

Quite a lot of drama queens on here. If you are going to "chuck it" because of this I would suspect you were looking for an excuse to do so anyway.

We have been playing at this stadium for years now and never actually sold it out. It's just common sense to try and fill as many seats as often as possible. The board have a responsibility to maximise our revenue and ensure our survival as a business.

The point I would draw the line is if we were to start allocating away supports more seats than the St Mirren support, but that is not the case here.

This should be repeated for all games we can sell out both ends of the ground. Celtic & Sevco fans should be charged 30 quid entry for the privilege.

Only point is this should be made clear at the start of the season to Family Stand season ticket holders, who should be given a nice Main Stand seat when shifted.

Tend to agree but admit if I was one of those having to flit I suppose I would be a bit peed off. Something that can't be denied, though, is that our BoD have elevated cack-handedness to a new level. Maybe for the last time? 4th. place isn't likely for us but it's still a remote possibility but imagine us going into that game needing three points and having that bloody mob there. If they asked nice, would our bored board let them sing the Sash?

If they asked nice, would our bored board let them sing the Sash?

Why not?

The knuckle dragging bigots, on both sides of the religious divide, seem to be able to sing what they like, without any meaningful sanctions being imposed on their vile clubs.

Tend to agree but admit if I was one of those having to flit I suppose I would be a bit peed off. Something that can't be denied, though, is that our BoD have elevated cack-handedness to a new level. Maybe for the last time? 4th. place isn't likely for us but it's still a remote possibility but imagine us going into that game needing three points and having that bloody mob there. If they asked nice, would our bored board let them sing the Sash?

St Mirren support is still down two sides of the pitch. The money will be very welcome.

The announcement and initial suggestion that season ticket holders had to contact the club themselves to change their ticket was a typical PR disaster from the club. Glad to see Fitzy at least stepping in to try to improve it.

However, overall, only a lunatic would not want to sell the maximum number of seats for every match.

Tend to agree but admit if I was one of those having to flit I suppose I would be a bit peed off. Something that can't be denied, though, is that our BoD have elevated cack-handedness to a new level. Maybe for the last time? 4th. place isn't likely for us but it's still a remote possibility but imagine us going into that game needing three points and having that bloody mob there. If they asked nice, would our bored board sing the Sash?

FIFY.

So it appears that Shuggy is offski - with Mansfield his apparent destination according to today's papers :angry:

I'm a fan of Murray's - a talented player and no doubt but I do question his workrate sometimes and there are bound to be better players available for nowt on the transfer market - so hopefully we can replace him without too much of a problem unsure.gif

As for players leaving to go to that hotbed of footballing excellence that is Mansfield - well - good luck to them biggrin.gif

St Mirren support is still down two sides of the pitch. The money will be very welcome.

The announcement and initial suggestion that season ticket holders had to contact the club themselves to change their ticket was a typical PR disaster from the club. Glad to see Fitzy at least stepping in to try to improve it.

However, overall, only a lunatic would not want to sell the maximum number of seats for every match.

Morally bankrupt for a few dollars more.

I reckon there's a few of the non drama queens who accept this "because of the money"

won't go near Ibrox because of the Rangers matchday experience of bile, intolerance & hatred & bigotry.

How f**king cheap are we that St Mirren whore's its family stand" for a couple of few dollars more.

What's done is done, I look forward to the post match posts from the non drama queens declaring what a fine day they've had.

How confident are you right now that everything will be hunky dory & this has been a storm in a Bovril cup?

Edited by Kombi Buddie

So funny reading the pish on here turn on the Falkirk game there second in the league and rangers have half of there stadium. Yet no outcry from them.

They knew before the season started The Rangers and Hibs would be getting part of the main stand and season tickets were sold on that basic.

Morally bankrupt for a few dollars more.

I reckon there's a few of the non drama queens who accept this "because of the money"

won't go near Ibrox because of the Rangers matchday experience of bile, intolerance & hatred & bigotry.

How f**king cheap are we that St Mirren whore's its family stand" for a couple of few dollars more.

What's done is done, I look forward to the post match posts from the non drama queens declaring what a fine day they've had.

How confident are you right now that everything will be hunky dory & this has been a storm in a Bovril cup?

Easy to say but you're not trying to balance the books.

Very. bye1.gif