Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any dealings I have had with GLS and indeed REA were over the Final Chapter book or some graphics stuff. I didn't have an issue with either of them. The only issue was probably REAs tendency to have two hundred ideas jumping around in his napper instead of concentrating on one or two, but I suspect he would admit to that!

I have no doubt a lot of politics has went on in the St Mirren boardroom over recent years. Divisions, factions, agreements, disagreements - involving SG & Co, GLS, and REA in his time there. Absolutely no way it was all pals and sweetness and light. No chance.

It's where we are now, and where we're going that counts. I'm in, well worth a punt.

Not just the forums but every chance they get to meet the fans. They have one game left. There's a debate about the whereabouts of GLS, some people think he's in the USA. There should be no doubt about his whereabouts he should be visible and trying to get his message across.

I spoke with Gordon yesterday morning. He was at home and was meeting with the SMiSA guys yesterday at some point.

i like people asking questions, and I like people being honest and saying why they are against it or why they are unsure.

As long as it is constructive then this has to be welcomed, because you can be sure if there are good reasons for them being against or unsure then they won't be alone.

30% of the people on this poll are either unsure or against the deal. It's up to those people to make their own minds up but hopefully those of us who are very much in favour of the deal can help to persuade the doubters why it's a good thing.

That debate needs to be adult and constructive. Telling them they are talking pish is hardly likely to sway them.

I spoke with Gordon yesterday morning. He was at home and was meeting with the SMiSA guys yesterday at some point.

That's my point, I would have thought he would have been at Dumbarton yesterday. There were big queues of St Mirren fans waiting 15 minutes or more to get in. It was a perfect opportunity for him to shake some hands make himself known and urge people to join up.

I don't know anything about that. I wonder why these rumours started and by whom?

However if there is any truth perhaps at the time he did not have the money to loan. Maybe he had personal reasons. Who knows. Personally I don't think it matters right now,

I'm surprised we don't play more Fleetwood Mac records at St Mirren given the rumours that come out. Personally I respect GLS for his dignified stance when he was frozen out by Douglas St. How would any of us have reacted when you invested a significant amount of time and money before and after the move from Love St only to be bumped out of the agreement once the new stadium was built and 52% shareholding was achieved by some additional share purchases made in 2009 IIRC.

Under this model he is investing a great deal of money in addition to his original investment to buy out that same group.

He stands to lose more if he and his new board are unable to balance the books. I'd like to hope that we have more money in the bank at the end of the season than just breaking even every year which causes these short term cash flow issues.

Whats wrong with "You can call me Al"?

Suppose at the end of the day it's SMiSA that need to raise the money and get the fans signed up, not Gordon.

He's putting in £600K of his own cash to front this and committing to running the club for the next ten years.

I think he, as much as the selling consortium and the lender, want to be sure the fans are up for this and so he's happy enough at the moment to let the fans and SMiSA sort out who is in and who isn't.

It has only been 8 days since sign ups went live and we've nearly 400 signed up. It's very good going when you think about it!

As the days tick by you'd like to think the fans who say they will sign up but haven't got round to it yet will reduce to next to none, leaving only the undecided, the dead against it, and those that know nothing about it left. It's at that time the media campaign should ramp up IMHO. Might only get one shot at it and it's easier to say "we only need 200 more to sign up and we're there" than "we need 1,000 to sign up".

I'm confident that we'll get there.

Suppose at the end of the day it's SMiSA that need to raise the money and get the fans signed up, not Gordon.

He's putting in £600K of his own cash to front this and committing to running the club for the next ten years.

I think he, as much as the selling consortium and the lender, want to be sure the fans are up for this and so he's happy enough at the moment to let the fans and SMiSA sort out who is in and who isn't.

It has only been 8 days since sign ups went live and we've nearly 400 signed up. It's very good going when you think about it!

As the days tick by you'd like to think the fans who say they will sign up but haven't got round to it yet will reduce to next to none, leaving only the undecided, the dead against it, and those that know nothing about it left. It's at that time the media campaign should ramp up IMHO. Might only get one shot at it and it's easier to say "we only need 200 more to sign up and we're there" than "we need 1,000 to sign up".

Could be stuck on 999 if some daft cnut dies in a kayak somewhere between Renfrew and Dumbarton Rock.

Not sure if most folks are jaded after the 10000Hours bid and a few seasons of poor results, I signed up for 10,000 Hours and felt there was more excitement about that bid and more information... probably more opposition too.

I took a few leaflets away at the Morton game to pass on to friends and family and was disappointed when I read it... eg the final page - 10 Reasons To Sign Up, which gave the impression they could only think of 3 or 4 reasons and spun them out to make 10 by repeating the same idea with a slightly reworded 'new' reason.

Looking at the leaflet, fan ownership will result on 1,000+ fans voting for 1 fan representative on the board, and around £2,000 of extra money going into the club per month and SMISA members can vote on how that is spent. If they aren't unanimous about how to spend the £2,000 per month I could imagine the money being split a few ways, and wonder whether £2k per month would make much difference.

I also worry that this is Gordon Scott's 3rd or 4th involvement in a bid to buy the club. Some years he seems to have money to buy the club outright, other times (10,000Hrs) he wasn't putting up much of the money, this time round he's putting in most of the money with SMISA borrowing the rest? I'm concerned that if he never had money to help the club's cashflow in the past when other directors loaned the club money, can we rely on him if we need him in a year or two's time.

At the moment we are being told the board will have GLS as chairman and 1 SMISA rep... and who else?

Been thinking long and hard about this. I'll freely admit I still have my reservations about the long term viability of the scheme. Maybe I'm just being too cautious and a bit feart of the unknown but overall, I'd rather have a say in the future of our glorious club and be a part of something that is potentially very, very exciting. Signed.

Div I understand the point that you make about it's up to SMISA to raise the money and in that respect there is no doubting their efforts and determination to do this.

However Gordon is leading the bid and will be the Chairman should the bid be successful. Do you really think that he should take a backseat and leave this down to SMISA? If you were in Gordon's shoes and leading the bid wouldn't you be doing so from the front?

The reservations I have and others have that I have spoken to is the long term 10 year viability of the members staying the course. I honestly don't think that this has properly been answered. I find myself explaining the bid to others and the first question is what if people leave?

Not sure if most folks are jaded after the 10000Hours bid and a few seasons of poor results, I signed up for 10,000 Hours and felt there was more excitement about that bid and more information... probably more opposition too.

I took a few leaflets away at the Morton game to pass on to friends and family and was disappointed when I read it... eg the final page - 10 Reasons To Sign Up, which gave the impression they could only think of 3 or 4 reasons and spun them out to make 10 by repeating the same idea with a slightly reworded 'new' reason.

Looking at the leaflet, fan ownership will result on 1,000+ fans voting for 1 fan representative on the board, and around £2,000 of extra money going into the club per month and SMISA members can vote on how that is spent. If they aren't unanimous about how to spend the £2,000 per month I could imagine the money being split a few ways, and wonder whether £2k per month would make much difference.

I also worry that this is Gordon Scott's 3rd or 4th involvement in a bid to buy the club. Some years he seems to have money to buy the club outright, other times (10,000Hrs) he wasn't putting up much of the money, this time round he's putting in most of the money with SMISA borrowing the rest? I'm concerned that if he never had money to help the club's cashflow in the past when other directors loaned the club money, can we rely on him if we need him in a year or two's time.

At the moment we are being told the board will have GLS as chairman and 1 SMISA rep... and who else?

the rest of the board will be of Gordon's choice but he did state at the meeting that they would all be St. Mirren minded Individuals he also said he would like to have a place for Tony on the board as long as it didn't compromise his CEO role . And he is keen to get people on the board with fresh ideas and proven track records in business .

Obviously we can't tell for sure but it's sounds like Gordon is totally committed to this having spent a lot of his own time over the last year negotiating the deal , money obviously isn't an issue for the man , you only have to google his company to see how much he sold it for ...

the rest of the board will be of Gordon's choice but he did state at the meeting that they would all be St. Mirren minded Individuals he also said he would like to have a place for Tony on the board as long as it didn't compromise his CEO role . And he is keen to get people on the board with fresh ideas and proven track records in business .

Obviously we can't tell for sure but it's sounds like Gordon is totally committed to this having spent a lot of his own time over the last year negotiating the deal , money obviously isn't an issue for the man , you only have to google his company to see how much he sold it for ...

This will be interesting as it could be easier said than done to source suitable "St MIrren minded" people who have the business experience to be of some value.

As for Tony, I see that as a negative as he could only be a name, adding little/nothing to any major decisions and, as such, a wasted space on the board.

will not be

This will be interesting as it could be easier said than done to source suitable "St MIrren minded" people who have the business experience to be of some value.

As for Tony, I see that as a negative as he could only be a name, adding little/nothing to any major decisions and, as such, a wasted space on the board.

Just hope the fans rep will not be same , basically only a space on the board with no say in anything.

This swings it for me....Gordons putting up the cash ,which he will be getting back and getting to select the board members with the exception of the SIMSA rep.

Tell me again about the risk he is taking ,I can't really see it ,money from his pension pot.

I was undecided now I'm a definate "NO".

This swings it for me....Gordons putting up the cash ,which he will be getting back and getting to select the board members with the exception of the SIMSA rep.

Tell me again about the risk he is taking ,I can't really see it ,money from his pension pot.

I was undecided now I'm a definate "NO".

In fairness if he's putting up his own cash why wouldn't he select his own board ? I don't see anybody else rushing to put up 680k of their own cash ? He will also be donating his 8% back to SMISA ...

Anne budge will get her money back at hearts and has selected her own board and the hearts fans seem happy enough ....

Edited by gazmc83

In fairness if he's putting up his own cash why wouldn't he select his own board ? I don't see anybody else rushing to put up 680k of their own cash ? He will also be donating his 8% back to SMISA ...

Anne budge will get her money back at hearts and has selected her own board and the hearts fans seem happy enough ....

Too true.

The thing that makes our bid stand head and shoulders above Hearts (FOH) imo is the fact our support will own almost 30% of the club from the get-go!

As far as I am aware Hearts FOH dont own any of the club, but Anne Budge has access to spend their funds.

I'm genuinely not seeking to be divisive, here, or to engage in a tit for tat exchange with anyone.

I'd be interested to hear from those who aren't signing up whether they support the general concept of fan ownership, but not this specific model, or whether they don't think fan ownership is desirable and/or sustainable.

I think this would be helpful to hear, and appreciate if anyone is interested in putting forward a view.