Are You Going To Sign Up To Join #buythebuds At Smisa.net?

div

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I meant was you would expect the existing SMISA members to be the first to sign up after all its there goal to get a board place or own the club. So in real terms only 300 new people have joined but regardless of how you view the numbers 500 is good despite the lack of publicity

You did not answer my question regarding if I sign up would I become a fully fledged shareholder with the same acess ie agm invite/access to the accounts. Or is it SMISA are the shareholder and like you said I will be told what is issued

as a smisa member you would have access to all the relevant information published by the club to its shareholders, accounts etc, however when viewing the list of shareholders issued by the club youre name wouldn't be on it, only that of smisa, hence when accounts sent out only one copy sent to smisa

What I meant was you would expect the existing SMISA members to be the first to sign up after all its there goal to get a board place or own the club. So in real terms only 300 new people have joined but regardless of how you view the numbers 500 is good despite the lack of publicity

You did not answer my question regarding if I sign up would I become a fully fledged shareholder with the same acess ie agm invite/access to the accounts. Or is it SMISA are the shareholder and like you said I will be told what is issued

No, becoming a member of SMISA does not make you a shareholder in the Club or give you the right to attend the AGM of the CLUB.

You become a Shareholder (1 share) of SMISA and get to attend their AGM, which as they will own a load of shares and should therefore position their AGM immediately before the CLUB AGM you will be able to influence via the rules of SMISA how the SMISA owned shares will be voted on at the CLUB agm.

Their shares will be voted on a block basis.

EG. if a vote of SMISA members on a certain issue is a 60;40 split of something that will occur at the Club AGM. then 100% of the SMISA votes will vote for whatever the 60% won the vote on at the SMISA agm, not a 60/40 split...if you follow

Edited by rea

I was interested to read this today, as it's 'prevention is better than cure' message sums up my feeling on Buy The Buds.

Gary Torbett, a Killie Trust director, wants to see changes at the club before any potential crisis brought about by relegation:

"Supporters are very good at reacting to a crisis situation at a football club. You can name the best part of 10 clubs in Scotland where you have seen that. Our view is that it's better to be proactive about it and have prevention better than cure approach to things.

"A lot of trusts have a goal of community ownership of the football club. Like the other trusts that's our goal. We have seen other trusts get seats on the board which can be a kind of tick box exercise.

"But we would want a genuine director position and not one where when there's a sensitive issue, you are asked to leave the room. What we get here is the supporters raising money for the club to buy unallocated shares and the pay pack from that is a genuine voice in the governance of the club.

I was interested to read this today, as it's 'prevention is better than cure' message sums up my feeling on Buy The Buds.

Gary Torbett, a Killie Trust director, wants to see changes at the club before any potential crisis brought about by relegation:

"Supporters are very good at reacting to a crisis situation at a football club. You can name the best part of 10 clubs in Scotland where you have seen that. Our view is that it's better to be proactive about it and have prevention better than cure approach to things.

"A lot of trusts have a goal of community ownership of the football club. Like the other trusts that's our goal. We have seen other trusts get seats on the board which can be a kind of tick box exercise.

"But we would want a genuine director position and not one where when there's a sensitive issue, you are asked to leave the room. What we get here is the supporters raising money for the club to buy unallocated shares and the pay pack from that is a genuine voice in the governance of the club.

I know Gary and he is a good guy deeply involved with all things FO

Great point and that is our situation curently there is no crisis at St. Mirren we are a well run club currently with next to no debt. and I think that's why fans are being a little slow to get behind it , we have a great opportunity here to safeguard our

future and get some fresh ideas in the boardroom

Edited by gazmc83

The difference between killie and St Mirren is that you are well run club behind the scenes where as killie have overspent and were at risk of having to go part time a few seasons ago even when they were in the SPL.

The question is would fan ownership stop the club going into debt? While chasing the dream of promotion. But I do take that there is sensible debt and reckless debt

Thanks REA.

On the same theme the package at £2500 from my reading is that you get 10 shares in the club. Therefore by default you become an independent shareholder or are you tied in with SMISA?

If you own shares in the club then you can deal with club directly

On Wednesday evening the St.Mirren Fans Council hosted a meeting with Gordon Scott and George Adams regarding the Buy the Buds Campaign.

As a result George has been invited to make a presentation at the 1877 Supporters Club before the last game of the season on Sunday. He will also return after the game to answer any questions fans may have regarding the Buy the Buds Campaign.

The Fans Council feel it is important that every supporter gets the chance to hear these proposals and as such will mail shot every 1877 member regarding Sunday's presentation.

In addition the Fans Council have suggested that every season ticket holder be contacted re attending the next public forum for Buy the Buds which is scheduled to be at the Paisley 2021 Stadium on 19th May.

Fans Council Chairman Colin Haggerty also said, "The Fans Council will always be extremely grateful to the current board who have done so much for the club at both St Mirren Parks – saving one and building the other.

“The superb new facilities we now enjoy is down to their sterling service. The Fans Council now feels it is in everyone's interest that a new majority shareholder is secured.

“We are at a critical time of the season and would like to see this happen as soon as is possible.

“We will always fully support a bid which includes Fans Ownership of our great historic Club as we move towards beginning our 139th year in October."

I'd hoped we would hit the 500 mark today, but remain a wee bit shy. Fingers crossed that the ST mailshot will bear fruit.

I think the first 300-400 were a given, my thoughts are, how do we get the next 600 ? (which I'm not sure we will ) but obviously hope we do.

The initial uptake was very good despite the communication not being great.

The 'bid' information is now becoming more apparent thankfully but I still believe it will fall short perhaps on time alone.

I understand there has been a total 42 approaches to the board since they put the club up for sale. None of which of course have come to anything. All the more reason supporters get on board to seize the opportunity.

To Be fair though 10000hours probably counts for about 41 of those!

Weighing up all the pros and cons and all things considered (after all it's only the cost of a pint a week), that's me signed up.

465 and counting...

I believe SMISA really need the email addresses of those who signed up to the 10000hrs bid and the ST holders to reach and surpass our target.

Edited by Vambo57

Weighing up all the pros and cons and all things considered (after all it's only the cost of a pint a week), that's me signed up.

465 and counting...

I believe SMISA really need the email addresses of those who signed up to the 10000hrs bid and the ST holders to reach and surpass our target.

All in hand Vambo, As far as season ticket holders goes, legally can't get access to 10k hours lists i believe.

Edited by buddiecat