Shankland

Think you're missing the point. Why bring in 2 similar strikers and halt the development of one of them?

Hardie can play out wide as well so not sure what your on about? Shanks is better than both Sutton and Clarkson.

I'll trust Rae's judgement on this 1 I think.

Hardie can play out wide as well so not sure what your on about? Shanks is better than both Sutton and Clarkson.

Shanks is better than Sutton?!?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My previous post stated I would have Hardie over Shankland because he brings something different to the table. (The point you've just made)

Shankland has similar attributes to Sutton hence why I wouldn't bring him back and hinder his development because I don't think he'll get in ahead of Sutton.

It's really quite simple if you read the posts, rather than cream yourself over a lad who only scored 10 in 30 odd appearances.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

I don't think Hardie will be going out on loan

I can see him being involved in Sevco first team this season

Why don't we try for change to develop our own forwards instead of developing other teams

Do we have a out and out striker ????maybe under 15's.so that's why we bringing player's in as we none nearly ready to go

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Possibly, but I'd have them both, Shankland proved what he could last season, especially the latter half.

Nice to have the choice, as Sutton is getting on and could need rested at times.

Anyway, at this stage a mute point, he's still at Aberdeen.

Rae has made it clear it's quality over quantity this year so no place for passengers.

Where has anyone claimed that Shankland is a better player than Sutton?

JJ has said that he would be a better signing, and I'm inclined to agree. We have direct, recent evidence of how Shanks can contribute to a Saints side in this division. Not so, Sutton. That doesn't mean that the latter isn't a decent signing, or is a poorer player.

I also think that Shankland is only likely to develop and improve as a player. Not sure if the same could be said of Sutton.

15 hours ago, JJ McG said:

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Where has anyone claimed that Shankland is a better player than Sutton?

JJ has said that he would be a better signing, and I'm inclined to agree. We have direct, recent evidence of how Shanks can contribute to a Saints side in this division. Not so, Sutton. That doesn't mean that the latter isn't a decent signing, or is a poorer player.

I also think that Shankland is only likely to develop and improve as a player. Not sure if the same could be said of Sutton.

:P

It would be great if we could get both Shankland and Hardie.

That would leave us looking for a left sided midfielder IMO, to bring us up to our full complement.

I'd also like to win Euromillions tonight.....................................

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It would be great if we could get both Shankland and Hardie.

That would leave us looking for a left sided midfielder IMO, to bring us up to our full complement.

I'd also like to win Euromillions tonight.....................................

Let us know how you get on with that one.