Getting Close To £30 Admission Fee At St Mirren Park.

shull

Time for the new Board to make plans for a Synthetic Pitch at Greenhill Road.

Get it laid next Summer and watch the Community and Money flow in.

It makes absolute sense.

We might get a statement soon from Gordon about it as well as one about the new strips for Season 2017/18.

I would never go back to watch us if we adopted one of these ridiculous synthetic pitches.
Imagine watching the dross we have suffered but now to watch it unfold across a false pitch [emoji1]
That would cease it for me completely.

The fact that we have a couple of our so called top teams play on this and that it is sanctioned by the SpFl or whomsoever is indictment enough of our game. A joke.

Absolute nonstarter for me.

A 4g astroturf pitch makes perfect sense.

Closing Ralston would save a fortune.  Bring everything (including the Academy) to Greenhill Rd (god knows we have the facilities!) and get our players training and playing on the pitch, which at present, they only play on twice a month.

25 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

A 4g astroturf pitch makes perfect sense.

Closing Ralston would save a fortune.  Bring everything (including the Academy) to Greenhill Rd (god knows we have the facilities!) and get our players training and playing on the pitch, which at present, they only play on twice a month.

Agree 100%.

You know one thing that was noticeable from the annual accounts was that it didn't break down any of the costs, spending or income from the running of Ralston. I don't know if that is because there is a separate set of accounts for the academy or if it's just been the way the club accounts are done. However I reckon it would make interesting reading especially when painting a picture of just how grant dependent the place is. 

On another thread Shull makes the point that Ralston will be deemed a failure if the club is relegated. Frankly if the academy is not self financing without the need for grants it has already failed. 

2 hours ago, buddygreat said:

Professional football should not be played on plastic pitches. If we ever go that route, I'll not be back. I'll stand down at ferguslie and watch the games down there. It's costs nothing and some of the football is more entertaining than is currently on show..

Presently, Professional Football is not being played on the real green grass of Greenhill Road.

Not by the fecking Home Team, anyway

• 4 months later...

I still think it would be a great idea to get a Synthetic Pitch for Greenhill Road. 

All local boys and girls Clubs could get the opportunity to train and play matches within our famous Stadium. 

There could be 3 or 4 small sided matches going ahead an hour before St Mirren home matches. 

A great experience for the young yins. 

Would save the Club a fortune and actually make money..

Oh!,,, either that or Summer football (ducking as some on here seem to really take offence to any suggestion of that... Dinosaurs... and we know what happened to them.... the CAULD! :)

12 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Would save the Club a fortune and actually make money..

Oh!,,, either that or Summer football (ducking as some on here seem to really take offence to any suggestion of that... Dinosaurs... and we know what happened to them.... the CAULD! :)

Are they not prone to injuries. I know a junior football player who tells me he hates them , Thompson used to go on about them also. 

Absolutely ridiculous idea. I've just watched killie v Rangers and on that terrible astro it's no wonder sky pay us buttons. There should be no way any professional full time team plays on this nonsense.  Anyhow with the new sporting development scheduled for St.james there will be no demand and no need. Also Falkirk do not make alot of cash from their Park. Grass please and football can be played properly. 

Edited by norrie82

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Absolutely ridiculous idea. I've just watched killie v Rangers and on that terrible astro it's no wonder sky pay is buttons. There should be no way any professional full time.team plays on this nonsense.  Anyhow with the new sporting development scheduled for St.james there will be no demand and no need. Also Falkirk do not make alot of cash from their Park. Grass please and football can be played properly. 

Best football I have witnessed was on a frozen pitch at Love Street during a Scottish Cup Tie, January 1977.

Footballers just need a ball.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye them were the days, although you will find there are less of these type of pitches still on the go in the game these days.

FFS, what is your point? :rolleyes:

Footballers just need a ball.

Some of the best players in the World honed their skills on mud, ash, blaize, sand, tarmac, etc.