Saints V Dumbarton

St.Ricky

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You would know Faraway.

The game in question is our next league match.

It was posted before the rearranged date for the mortin game was known.

I apprecuate that there is not a lot to do in Saudi.

Been there a few times.

What a pile of tosh you posted it on 15 th october and our next league match before they announced thecdate of the game against the great unwashed was hibs saturday past not bloody dumbarton this saturday coming so as i mentioned previously stupid post in first place deal with each game as they come up not games that have still to be played in the future after other significant games as the postion we are in every single game alhas meaning and importance 

15 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

What a pile of tosh you posted it on 15 th october and our next league match before they announced thecdate of the game against the great unwashed was hibs saturday past not bloody dumbarton this saturday coming so as i mentioned previously stupid post in first place deal with each game as they come up not games that have still to be played in the future after other significant games as the postion we are in every single game alhas meaning and importance 

Ah. The ire, but I  do share your pain . It was our first home game. No meaningless fixtures right now. That is for sure.

Edited by St.Ricky

This will need massive mental strength from the players. Dumbarton will come here knowing our support will be baying for blood if they can go ahead. A horrible situation for all connected to the club. I don't know where the mental fortitude will come from but it's time for Ross to start earning his crust. He MUST makes us harder to break down, to grind out the result. He needs to start that against our nearest rival as defeat here will leave us facing a massive uphill battle. Time for everyone to stand up and be counted. Can't say I'm confident but the longer this winless runs goes on the harder it gets. This looks our best chance to snap it and we simply have to take it.

Since our game in hand was the derby, away to an in form Morton team, the game against Dumbarton and the later game against the Pars assumed greater significance,

Whilst we have been Morton's bogey team in recent years, Dumbarton have made a decent fist of being ours.

Having played the game in hand and lost then this game is at least a must not lose if not yet a must win.

It is tough watching Saints at present, We have all seen better players, better teams in the black and white.

But they are still our team and our players so lets get out in big numbers on saturday and give them support.

In return I would like to see the performance we had against Dundee United and Falkirk.

And a win wold be the likely result if delivered.

In my opinion.

34 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Since our game in hand was the derby, away to an in form Morton team, the game against Dumbarton and the later game against the Pars assumed greater significance,

Whilst we have been Morton's bogey team in recent years, Dumbarton have made a decent fist of being ours.

Having played the game in hand and lost then this game is at least a must not lose if not yet a must win.

It is tough watching Saints at present, We have all seen better players, better teams in the black and white.

But they are still our team and our players so lets get out in big numbers on saturday and give them support.

In return I would like to see the performance we had against Dundee United and Falkirk.

And a win wold be the likely result if delivered.

In my opinion.

It's simply a MUST win job. Not won a league game into November, bottom of the table, playing the 2nd bottom team at home. If we don't / can't win this game I would suggest we are not going to win many if any all season. We are well beyond the must not lose tag in games like this, we have to start winning now in games like this or we won't even give ourselves a chance of finishing 8th which at this moment has to be the target. The longer runs like this go the more publicity they attract and thus the more pressure it creates and it becomes harder to snap.

Lets see they are pretty crap.... 1 win against a Utd team still in shellshock

They are part time

They have dreadful players

They have a very funny silly wee ground, but it does have a nice views, behind the stand

Ian Murray kept them up

So all said and done- Yup Away win. Sons  3-0

I predict a win every week out of blind faith and optimism. 

This week I'll try reverse psychology - 1 nil them . 

I tried that before last nights game when I predicted a 3-1 defeat, we know how that worked out.

So going for an honest 1-2

I , like yourself don't usually predict defeats, but it's very possible we will not win any game this month.

Heavens I only started watching Saints with my Grandson after the cup win

first game we went to 4-1 Saints against Dundee Utd 

it doesn't take long to get caught up in all the angst that goes with being a Buddie.

Monday night I wasn't going back Wednesday bring it on.

I have enough meds to keep me going till Monday 

Frenzy ensues all round me. You should get a prescription along with your season ticket. I'm away for a lie down

20 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Heavens I only started watching Saints with my Grandson after the cup win

first game we went to 4-1 Saints against Dundee Utd 

it doesn't take long to get caught up in all the angst that goes with being a Buddie.

Monday night I wasn't going back Wednesday bring it on.

I have enough meds to keep me going till Monday 

Frenzy ensues all round me. You should get a prescription along with your season ticket. I'm away for a lie down

Eaglesham. 

Spot on!

Football without involving our emotions being involved would just not be the same.  Boy, are our emotions fully involved just now? You bet.