St Mirren v Spartans (no Blyth) Scottish Cup 29/11/16

Lord Pityme

On 25 November 2016 at 4:16 PM, Lord Pityme said:

2-1 saints

crowd under 1000..?

5 - 0 Saints , crowd 1,850 Mallon will score 2 and assist with 1 of the goals . The other 2 will be scored by centre backs from corners or free kicks as since Jack's came in either him or Fowler or both have made huge difference with better attacking of the ball and far superior variation . Half time score 3 - 0 . This win will set us up for win over Falkirk away . Score 0 1 . Sorry no clue who will score 

On 25/11/2016 at 11:09 PM, antrin said:

Blyth is a helluva journey.

(though just a wee hop skip down the A1 for some :)  )

fine for John Scott and crew.

Pleased we hadn't bought train tickets to come up for yesterdays non existent game and it will make me cautious in doing so for home games over the winter now. Though we have invested in trains to Falkirk this week. Did i read that  they've an artificial pitch? Will be nice to enjoy a more relaxing train journey after driving up each time so far this season. Might even indulge in a few tipples.

20 minutes ago, guinness said:

Has anyone explained why it is an 8.00 kick off? When midweek games kicked off at 7.30 you were out the ground by 9.10 or 9.15. Now with longer half times more injury time etc you will be lucky to be out of the ground by 10.00. Small difference perhaps but it all puts people off.

Have Spartans asked for it to accommodate their needs?

Fortunately didn't buy tickets for the on Saturday. We get the train to matches so an 2000 KO leaves us getting home at 2300 earliest - too late for a P5 kid (and a tired old man who has a daily 0530 alarm call!).

Hope we win - although I won't be there to see it.

Hopefully BBC Radio Scotland do an 'Open All Mics'

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Fortunately didn't buy tickets for the on Saturday. We get the train to matches so an 2000 KO leaves us getting home at 2300 earliest - too late for a P5 kid (and a tired old man who has a daily 0530 alarm call!).

Hope we win - although I won't be there to see it.

Hopefully BBC Radio Scotland do an 'Open All Mics'

I think that will be the same for a fair few buds. I know the costs associated with running a 'functioning' USH for a game are a couple of grand, i think the attendance tomorrow night, and associated costs with pulling saturdays game will show if we could have run the USH it would have added value, at a time when it is most needed. Actions , or lack therof from previous board are hitting the club today, and unfortunately perhaps for a time to come.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think that will be the same for a fair few buds. I know the costs associated with running a 'functioning' USH for a game are a couple of grand, i think the attendance tomorrow night, and associated costs with pulling saturdays game will show if we could have run the USH it would have added value, at a time when it is most needed. Actions , or lack therof from previous board are hitting the club today, and unfortunately perhaps for a time to come.

I'm afraid, that for me, the new regime are equally as culpable. Due Diligence is what it is and once the new owners take over they become responsible (there are clauses available "within contract" that can cover certain eventualities, whether they were in this particular contract I don't know). If there was an on-going problem with the USH then the owners, both old and new, would know because the Groundsman and Groundstaff would have known.

Now isn't the time for hand-wringing and blaming, it's the time for proper planning and taking appropriate action.