The Beautiful Game - The Beginning of the End

shull

The introduction of colt teams into the betfred cup clearly showed what a crap idea that is. 

There are countries where B teams play in the lower divisions, but if I was looking to copy something from the Spanish set up for youth development it would probably be spending millions to pick up the best youth players from around the world and injecting them with growth hormones

Mixed views myself. Some good things about it and some not. My main worry is our own academy. My secondary worry is at the bottom of the leagues where we might be looking at losing two teams who have been around for a long time due to finishing bottom because they can't compete with the resources of our big two.

Said it already this week in another thread - I am all but finished with Scottish football. In all seriousness, why don't they just shut us down and start again with a four-team league. Celtic, Sevco, Celtic colts and Sevco colts. All games live on Sky Sports.

Let's be honest. Deep down we really all support an OF Colt side, don't we.

How best to sum up my view if this abhorrent idea actually becomes a reality.... Got it .... Scottish football, get to fcuk.

Would imagine this is the sort of thing the SMiSA members will be consulted on ahead of a vote of the clubs.

I'm beginning to think the SFA are evil genius' with the appointment of Malky Mackay. They have a load of unpopular ideas they want to push through so they appoint a guy nobody likes, he takes the flack for making changes the fans don't want then they get in someone who knows what they're doing. Of course, this is the SFA I'm talking about and that sounds like far too much forward planning for them.

Aye, what of shower of snide, snivelling, bigot boaby sucking rats the Scottish Football authorities are. They can take their colt teams and go f**k themselves.

I wouldn't give them the skin off my skitter.

Edited by Drew

Tsu. I think the point you are making is that based on development league standings that neither of the big two are at the top and that therefore they would be in there based on finance and porential attendences. If so...then I agree.

But ... There may be still wider issues in play. What If? The big two join either rhe English League set up or some other more lucrative set up?

Could the Colt Teams then take their place in the SPFL and work their way into the Scottish Premier League where they act as a feeder for their big sisters?

Edited by St.Ricky

Unfortunately the smaller clubs will see this as an opportunity to make a fast buck and will vote this through. The established PL clubs won't care. The only discerners will be some of the Championship level clubs. A horrible idea that will decimate our game. I for one will not be watching football if this goes through.  

No-one outwith the two ugly cnuts has ever won the Scottish top flight football league since Aberdeen in 84/85. Here's how many different clubs have won their respective top leagues in a selection of European countries in the same timespan. I looked at established, well-known European leagues, got fed-up after a while as the pattern is clear. Clearly, the two disproportionally large sectarian-fuelled cnuts we are saddled with in Scotland have a huge stranglehold on our game. Allowing them, and them alone, to field colt teams in our already submissive league set-up only benefits them. It is fcuk-all to do with strengthening our national game, improving our national game... it's all about them.... and the chance for the media arsewipes to get double-dose hard-ons when they can wank over an Old Firm colt matchup as well. Fcuk this for a game of soldiers.

Since 1985
Portugal 4
Netherlands 4
Belgium 6
France 10
Switzerland 9
Sweden 9
Denmark 9
England 10
Germany 11
Italy 8
Spain 5

Edited by pozbaird

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No-one outwith the two ugly cnuts has ever won the Scottish top flight football league since Aberdeen in 84/85. Here's how many different clubs have won their respective top leagues in a selection of European countries in the same timespan. I looked at established, well-known European leagues, got fed-up after a while as the pattern is clear. Clearly, the two disproportionally large sectarian-fuelled cnuts we are saddled with in Scotland have a huge stranglehold on our game. Allowing them, and them alone, to field colt teams in our already submissive league set-up only benefits them. It is fcuk-all to do with strengthening our national game, improving our national game... it's all about them.... and the chance for the media arsewipes to get double-dose hard-ons when they can wank over an Old Firm colt matchup as well. Fcuk this for a game of soldiers.

Since 1985
Portugal 4
Netherlands 4
Belgium 6
France 10
Switzerland 9
Sweden 9
Denmark 9
England 10
Germany 11
Italy 8
Spain 5

I can see your beef Poza but what is your proposed solution?

A Top League where all 12 Teams have a great /good /slight chance of winning the title. 

Presently 10 Teams have no chance. 

Sectarian f**kwits Celtic and Sevco must be removed. 

Forty Clubs with balls can make them history. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I can see your beef Poza but what is your proposed solution?

The solution, as we are now over thirty years down the total domination road is highly unlikely to result from a combined effort to create a strong league rather than just pander to two already huge clubs. So, looking at an NFL style situation, or even taking elements of the NFL and adapting them to our market will not happen. The only way a solution (of sorts) will happen is if the Sevco implode like their old incarnation, and this time, the authorities act properly. Another way would be for them to actually get an invite to pastures new. Another equally unlikely way would be for some clinically insane Arab oil sheik or Russian oligarch to bizarrely decide to pump zillions into a non-ugly sister club and take them on. Or finally... SMiSA members decide to save up their £2 a month, every month, and in one hundred years time, under the guidance of an unremittingly enthusiastic descendent of Tony Fitzpatrick, we crack into the fund and fcuk the Old Firm right up the ersepiece'.

What I do know is that allowing two already huge clubs to field colt teams in our league system only acts to help the two disproportionally strong clubs to become even stronger.

If this is all the SFAs new sexist, racist homophobe has in his locker then why not let Neil Doncaster do Mackay's job too.

The chance to save the Scottish game was lost over a decade ago when all of the top flight clubs, minus the Auld Scum, planned to quit the league and start again.

Unfortunately, led by a certain Celtic-minded crook at Livi, the collective resolve was undermined and the clubs bottled it.

No way back now I'm afraid.

If I was GLS I would think about moving the club to non-league football in England. At least it would mean survival for a few more years before closing the doors.

Everyone has to accept that whenever anyone in the SFA, the Scottish football media or the SPFL talks about something being 'for the good of Scottish football', they actually mean 'for the good of the Old Firm'.

I'm not clear on the concept that playing guys like McMullen, Hardie, Walsh in League 1 or 2 when they are 17/18 is going to turn them into top class players that help Scotland to qualify for tournaments? The idea is preposterous.

9 hours ago, farmer john said:

I dont like the Old Firm colts idea, not one bit.

I think there would be a collective loss of heart from supporters if it comes to pass. I dont think they should be in the Betfred Cup either.

Good lad agreed 100% I don't mind who beats any of them as long as they lose . Wouldn't it be great if we could have a full stadium EVERY home game ? Who cares what League we are in . The Paisley public need to be more interested in coming to home games . Living in Paisley and attending Parkhead and Ibrox !!!!!!!!! These people should be ashamed of themselves . They have a fantastic stadium on their doorstep AND Jack Ross has us playing good attractive football so no excuses for these people . I'm quite certain if local MP's ( who are thankfully all true Saints Fans ) put up a motion that Council Tax was increased to any person from Paisley holding a season ticket for Parkhead or Ibrox it would get a lot of support ( locally ) .  It would also be good if The Paisley Express could print the names of all people in The a Town who actually own season tickets for The Old Firm ! All fantasy stuff but it would be BRILLIANT,