Dunfermline V St mirren (14th January)

9 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Another correct score, should really start betting on these.

Yet another desperately poor day for us. Yet another week gone by without any meaningful inroads into the yawning gap between us and the pack. No ground at all made up on Ayr who had a more difficult game than us. Five games without a win now, this hopeless run starting after we had 'turned the corner' apparently.

Just the 1 point from 2 very winnable games against QOTS and Dunfermline. Not nearly enough for a team cut adrift at the bottom.

It's getting grimmer and grimmer by the week.

Stay as positive as ever TC - you are our only little ray of sunshine

Where would we be without your encouragement?

Edited by northstbuddie

Stay as positive as ever TC!

Its called being a realist. We clearly need to win games to get out of our predicament.

We haven't won in five, despite three of those fixtures being against fellow strugglers.

We are now simply beginning to run out of games.

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Stay as positive as ever TC!

He does have a point though bud, at what point do we start winning some of these must win games? We are running out of games and sleep walking our way to relegation..............much the same way we did under GT.

A good point in other circumstances. Need to start winning, but against possibly the form team in the division before today, with a couple of new faces, couple of injuries picked up, still a decent point.

We now have a week to work with the 4 new players we have, and hopefully add more. Left back sorely needed as it is a major weakness. Cup game to give us a break from the league tribulations, and then home against Falkirk, which is yet another must win.

Not winning our "must win" games makes things more difficulte each time it happns. As it is, there is still time, but only if we pick up some more wins soon. 

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If Ayr lose their next 5 games in a row and we win our next 3 league games we can overtake them on 25th February.

If we win out next game and they lose, the gap is down to 4 points. That is where pressure can come into it for them as well as us. At the moment they are pretty carefree, knowing that they have a sizeable gap. Eat into that a little, and the pressure shifts a little.

I've said it countless times though, wins are what will get us out of this, and there is still time to do it. I'll keep hoping, and believing we can. I appreciate that it's unlikely right now.

1 minute ago, John Gotti said:

He does have a point though bud, at what point do we start winning some of these must win games? We are running out of games and sleep walking our way to relegation..............much the same way we did under GT.

So should we, as supporters, stop supporting our team (and manager) and offering encouragement?

TC has been negative about JR from day one. What good does that do other than make TC feel good?

Good result considering how well Dunfermline have been playing lately, as others have said we need wins but 

after last weeks disaster I would have taken the draw before a ball was kicked...

We've got to get a left back in ASAP, although I'm still confident we'll get ourselves out of this mess, 8th place here 

we come...COYS..

So should we, as supporters, stop supporting our team (and manager) and offering encouragement?
TC has been negative about JR from day one. What good does that do other than make TC feel good?

Thought police out again. Your point is if my opinion isn't a ' we will be fine, KTF ' one then I shouldn't express it?

I say what I see. What i see is a team drifting to relegation without a fight by Easter. This certainly doesn't make me feel good.

Yet another desperately poor day for us. Yet another week gone by without any meaningful inroads into the yawning gap between us and the pack. No ground at all made up on Ayr who had a more difficult game than us. Five games without a win now, this hopeless run starting after we had 'turned the corner' apparently.

Just the 1 point from 2 very winnable games against QOTS and Dunfermline. Not nearly enough for a team cut adrift at the bottom.

Now I'll admit what you say above is right. Hard to see how we can drag ourselves out of this predicament.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Its called being a realist. We clearly need to win games to get out of our predicament.

We haven't won in five, despite three of those fixtures being against fellow strugglers.

We are now simply beginning to run out of games.

Do you think the rest of us are not aware of this situation that we need you to constantly remind us?

1 minute ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Take it, move on hopefully to some more point yielding games. What else is there except to hope Ross gets the blend right, the team notch a few essential victories and others above us have their implosion.

That's about the size of it. Hope, blind faith, a prayer to your God of choice. However best to describe it.

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

If we win out next game and they lose, the gap is down to 4 points. That is where pressure can come into it for them as well as us. At the moment they are pretty carefree, knowing that they have a sizeable gap. Eat into that a little, and the pressure shifts a little.

I've said it countless times though, wins are what will get us out of this, and there is still time to do it. I'll keep hoping, and believing we can. I appreciate that it's unlikely right now.

Ayr's last win was 12 league games ago... 22nd October and despite being on a long winless streak lasting over 3 months we have made up a grand total of 3 points on them since 22nd October.

Do you think the rest of us are not aware of this situation that we need you to constantly remind us?

So don't mention our current situation ( even though that's the reality ) and only predict wins and promotion play off spots & don't forget to click like on anything Div posts and you're okay ?

Oh , that's how you stay out the sin bin , stupid us eh ?

22 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We haven't made ground this weekend but we have earned a point against one of the form teams in the league, on other weeks that one point would have counted for more if results around us were different but every point we get between now and the end of the season is going to count.

Our next 3 league games are huge IMO, home to Falkirk, away to Dumbarton and away to Ayr. We are now 1 game unbeaten, lets go on and make it 2,3 and 4. Every run of form starts somewhere and who knows this point away to Dunfermline could be the start of ours.

2 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Take it, move on hopefully to some more point yielding games. What else is there except to hope Ross gets the blend right, the team notch a few essential victories and others above us have their implosion.

Weve played well in 6 of our last 7 games, Do you think Ayr and Dumbarton are looking in there rear view mirrors ? you bet they are, were no down yet

7 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Ayr's last win was 12 league games ago... 22nd October and despite being on a long winless streak lasting over 3 months we have made up a grand total of 3 points on them since 22nd October.

So despite our own poor results up we are closing in slowly.  Rory Loy could be the accelerator.

Just now, whydowebother said:

So don't mention our current situation ( even though that's the reality ) and only predict wins and promotion play off spots & don't forget to click like on anything Div posts and you're okay ?

Oh , that's how you stay out the sin bin , stupid us eh ?

Everyone on here knows the current situation that we need wins and that games are running out. Its re-iterating the bleedin obvious.

2 minutes ago, 87Bud13 said:

We haven't made ground this weekend but we have earned a point against one of the form teams in the league, on other weeks that one point would have counted for more if results around us were different but every point we get between now and the end of the season is going to count.

Our next 3 league games are huge IMO, home to Falkirk, away to Dumbarton and away to Ayr. We are now 1 game unbeaten, lets go on and make it 2,3 and 4. Every run of form starts somewhere and who knows this point away to Dunfermline could be the start of ours.

We made up 1 point on Dumbarton and are now 8 points behind them, and 1 point on Raith Rovers who haven't won in 9 games and are still 12 points ahead of us.