Gus MacPherson - Technical Director

Jimmy Nicholl - 1st Team Coach

Jamie Langfield - Goalkeeping Coach

Allan McManus - Head of Youth Development

Andy Webster - Development Coach

Alex MacQueen – Physiotherapist

Junior Mendes - Sports Scientist

Quite a number we've got now :o

About right for a premiership club with a youth academy. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

I know we have moved on. 

Most Clubs were part time around 50 years ago. 

Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Hibs etc were doing well in European Competitions. 

Salaries for full time players were similar to the average working man, maybe slightly over. 

Gate prices were decent for everybody. 

Yep and I agree football is too expensive and often hasn’t moved on for the better. What’s that got to do with the benefits sports scientists and GK coaches brings? 

28 minutes ago, Doakes said:

For comparison, here's Rangers :huh:

Manager - Steven Gerrard

Assistant Manager - Gary McAllister

First Team Coach - Michael Beale

Technical Coach - Tom Culshaw

Goalkeeping Coach - Colin Stewart

Director of Football - Mark Allen

Head of Scouting - Andy Scoulding

Club Scouts - Neil Banfield, John Brown, Billy McLaren, David Swanick

Scouting Coordinator - Rob Clarkson

Loans Manager - Billy Kirkwood

Head of Analysis - Bradley Wall

Head of Performance - Jordan Milsom

Head of Preparation - Craig Flannigan

Head of Strength and Conditioning - Paraskevas Polychronopoulos

Masseur - David Lavery

Physiotherapist - Steve Walker

Club Doctor - Dr Mark Waller

Kit Executive - Jimmy Bell

Yeahh but a load of them arent front facing staff i.e. mark allen - v - wee anxious etc, and for conditioning etc we utilise the pro life coach and facilities. We use free lance scouts etc, have a doctor affiliated to the club so its not such a huge difference excelt one of us isnt £15million in debt and counting!

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yep and I agree football is too expensive and often hasn’t moved on for the better. What’s that got to do with the benefits sports scientists and GK coaches brings? 

What benefits  that are better than players from 50 years ago when they had no fecking scientists and goalie coaches. 

All players including goalies can improve themselves by kicking a ball against a wall. 

Sure there are plenty free walls around the town. 

17 minutes ago, shull said:

What benefits  that are better than players from 50 years ago when they had no fecking scientists and goalie coaches. 

All players including goalies can improve themselves by kicking a ball against a wall. 

"When I was a lad" in a Fife mining village the pass times when you were young were football and fighting.  As you grew up you added Fornication and Drinking to that list. We had walls. Seemed pretty useful for 3 of the 4 passtimes .

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

"When I was a lad" in a Fife mining village the pass times when you were young were football and fighting.  As you grew up you added Fornication and Drinking to that list. We had walls. Seemed pretty useful for 3 of the 4 passtimes .

All four, shirley?

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeahh but a load of them arent front facing staff i.e. mark allen - v - wee anxious etc, and for conditioning etc we utilise the pro life coach and facilities. We use free lance scouts etc, have a doctor affiliated to the club so its not such a huge difference excelt one of us isnt £15million in debt and counting!

Yeah surely a lot of those positions are a bit... daft.... 

Having a physiotherapist and a masseuse :lol: 

Poor Billy the loans manager must be sweating buckets

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Oran Kearney - Manager

Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

Gus MacPherson - Technical Director

Jimmy Nicholl - 1st Team Coach

Jamie Langfield - Goalkeeping Coach

Allan McManus - Head of Youth Development

Andy Webster - Development Coach

Alex MacQueen – Physiotherapist

Junior Mendes - Sports Scientist

Quite a number we've got now :o

It's the Barca way.

1 hour ago, shull said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, shull said:

Are you kidding? Players from years ago were better because the overal fitness and standards to be a footballer was lower. (Not the talent) 

Do you think George Best would be the player he was now rockin onto a park after five pints and a gram of coke? No chance. 

Anyone that doesn’t believe this, look at the world class players Scotland produced in the 60s and 70s, very many. We haven’t produced one now for probably over 20 years. Either a massive stroke of bad luck or clear evidence it takes much more to be a world class footballer these days, than just your talent. 

Counties that invest in the development of their players in the modern day, including sports scientists and coaching programs, develop better players. That’s fact 

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who did Stubbs get rid of that Jack got right?

My apologies. Intended to get rid of. He didn't last long enough to go through with most. He did end Reilly's time at the club and would have sent Smith, Ecks, McKenzie and Mullen packing if he had remained.

IF you didn't think our championship squad was below par then they are significant players.

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you kidding? Players from years ago were better because the overal fitness and standards to be a footballer was lower. (Not the talent) 

Do you think George Best would be the player he was now rockin onto a park after five pints and a gram of coke? No chance. 

Anyone that doesn’t believe this, look at the world class players Scotland produced in the 60s and 70s, very many. We haven’t produced one now for probably over 20 years. Either a massive stroke of bad luck or clear evidence it takes much more to be a world class footballer these days, than just your talent. 

Counties that invest in the development of their players in the modern day, including sports scientists and coaching programs, develop better players. That’s fact 

All the sports scientists and coaching programs in the world won't change the unhealthy lifestyle and lazy culture in Scotland. Sports scientists will only benefit those who will make it regardless and then its only of marginal benefit.

As I mentioned in a previous post, runners from Kenya with no sports scientists, no coaching and no facilities wipe the floor with American runners who have access to everything. And when the Kenyan runners go to America they go backwards!

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

My apologies. Intended to get rid of. He didn't last long enough to go through with most. He did end Reilly's time at the club and would have sent Smith, Ecks, McKenzie and Mullen packing if he had remained.

IF you didn't think our championship squad was below par then they are significant players.

You've named 5 players there.

2 have been injured all season while 2 have been benched by the new manager.

And I doubt that Reilly would have been playing ahead of Jackson.

Seems that Stubbs was right!

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

All the sports scientists and coaching programs in the world won't change the unhealthy lifestyle and lazy culture in Scotland. Sports scientists will only benefit those who will make it regardless and then its only of marginal benefit.

As I mentioned in a previous post, runners from Kenya with no sports scientists, no coaching and no facilities wipe the floor with American runners who have access to everything. And when the Kenyan runners go to America they go backwards!

Can't agree with you on this one.  Players,  in general,  are far fitter now.  The game is faster and players bodies are under more strain.  Ingesting the right things,  stretching and using individually created fitness schedules can improve physical performance and prolong the careers of players beyond that of those in the past. 

Kenyan long distance runners come from the high plateau area of the country.. Sone 6000+ feet up so grow up and train at altitude. This gives them a built in advantag  which others seek to combat by going to altitude as well. 

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You've named 5 players there.

2 have been injured all season while 2 have been benched by the new manager.

And I doubt that Reilly would have been playing ahead of Jackson.

Seems that Stubbs was right!

Big assumptions

McKenzie isn't yet fit. Eckersley,  Smith and Mullin were all on the bench. Smith and Mullin came on. As for Reilly. IF he remained and Jackson wasn't putting the ball in the net, which he isn't, then I think Reilly would have been played. After that it's anyone's guess whether he would have cemented a place.

ETA.

Jackson wasn't even there when Stubbs was so your point was actually moot.

Edited by stlucifer

13 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You're not really bringing up the Kenyans again are you...?

21 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Players still need natural talent and the will to succeed as a footballer, there is no doubting that. We don't generally seem to have a shortage of that in Scotland. Can see that to an extent with our youth teams doing pretty well up until maybe 20-22.

Sports scientists push players on to meet their potential regarding fitness, fueling their body and optimum weight for their playing position (Ryan Christie a great example of this) this is where Scotland are miles behind some nations and it doesn't help all the bad habits linked to our culture. 

There is also an undoubted genetic advantage in some players, something I have never denied. My only point is Shull seeing no benefit in sports science and the increased use of coaching disciplines is complete madness. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Really? I could have sworn Belfast, in Norn Iron 'produced' George Best???

oh and i would keep an eye out in the post for the legal action from his family Re.:Your unfounded drugs slur Baz. Relatives of tbe deceased tend not to take kindly to that kind of a ting!