Jimmy Nicholl - Yet another coach!

div

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No it isn't.

You're simple idea about Gazza doesn't wash as he would be physically as fit as the players playing now. :lol:

How come Messi manages it, to name but one?

You're simple analogy is, quite simply, pish, IMO.

To also state it as fact is also pish, this debate does not have a winner or loser.

It's like "Who's the best player ever" debate. 

That's easy...... me.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Not easy to say TBH.

Yes, them days are gone but there are more organised teams, skills training and physical training.

Could be training methods, application or a number of things.

No real easy answer. 

The skilful players usually stand out in this country because we're not blessed with natural skill of the likes of Spain, France, Brazil etc. 

It's hard to tell if the likes of Archie Gemmill or Gordon Strachan could cut it in the modern game.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

The skilful players usually stand out in this country because we're not blessed with natural skill of the likes of Spain, France, Brazil etc. 

It's hard to tell if the likes of Archie Gemmill or Gordon Strachan could cut it in the modern game.

Nothing to suggest they couldn't as I mentioned about Gazza, they would be as fit as the moderns players. 

Looks like Forrest is out new hope.......................for the next few games anyway. :wink:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Nothing to suggest they couldn't as I mentioned about Gazza, they would be as fit as the moderns players. 

Looks like Forrest is out new hope.......................for the next few games anyway. :wink:

They might struggle with the beach ball's for footballs and luminous socks for boots !

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

You are edging onto the genetics argument put forward by Gordon Strachan. 

As a people,  Scots don't tend to be at the top end of height or of physical build. 

The countries you mention have much larger populations with people from different backgrounds. 

Gives them a bigger and more diverse pool to fish in. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You are edging onto the genetics argument put forward by Gordon Strachan. 

As a people,  Scots don't tend to be at the top end of height or of physical build. 

The countries you mention have much larger populations with people from different backgrounds. 

Gives them a bigger and more diverse pool to fish in. 

England, Russia and China have pretty big populations but aren't naturally skilled like the countriesI mentioned. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No it isn't.

You're simple idea about Gazza doesn't wash as he would be physically as fit as the players playing now. :lol:

How come Messi manages it, to name but one?

You're simple analogy is, quite simply, pish, IMO.

To also state it as fact is also pish, this debate does not have a winner or loser.

It's like "Who's the best player ever" debate. 

Eh? What are you on about, do you genuinely think Gazza could get up to the antics he openly admitted he used to do if he played in the modern day, such as downing booze, smoking cigars and taking drugs before games then boss games in the EPL or Serie A for 90 minutes? No chance. The game has moved on. 

Messi manages it because he has all natural talent (which Gazza had) and more but doesn’t abuse his body. My point isn’t about natural talent going away, that isn’t a thing. It’s about the physical changes to the game and fitness. 

As I said previously. There a very simple test to showing this is fact. 30-50 years ago Scotland produced double figures in world class players. Last 0-20 years we have produced zero. Simply need to look at what’s changed in world football. 

Edited by bazil85

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Eh? What are you on about, do you genuinely think Gazza could get up to the antics he openly admitted he used to do if he played in the modern day, such as downing booze, smoking cigars and taking drugs before games then boss games in the EPL or Serie A for 90 minutes? No chance. The game has moved on. 

Messi manages it because he has all natural talent (which Gazza had) and more but doesn’t abuse his body. My point isn’t about natural talent going away, that isn’t a thing. It’s about the physical changes to the game and fitness. 

As I said previously. There a very simple test to showing this is fact. 30-50 years ago Scotland produced double figures in world class players. Last 0-20 years we have produced zero. Simply need to look at what’s changed in world football. 

I would counter that by saying the few Scottish players playing at the top tiers of the English league are usually classed as workhorses. Less talented but work their arses off for the team.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I would counter that by saying the few Scottish players playing at the top tiers of the English league are usually classed as workhorses. Less talented but work their arses off for the team.

I’m not sure that’s a counter to my argument, I’d agree with it. My point was about us no longer producing world class players and what’s changed in football. 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’m not sure that’s a counter to my argument, I’d agree with it. My point was about us no longer producing world class players and what’s changed in football. 

The inference was that the reason we don't produce world class players because of the sport science and fitness changes. Yet those players who make it have no problems on the fitness side.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The inference was that the reason we don't produce world class players because of the sport science and fitness changes. Yet those players who make it have no problems on the fitness side.

Not the one and only reason, part of the issue. Football isn’t as simple as ‘fix this one element and it’ll all be great’ 

part of the problem with Scottish football is we are behind the curve on many elements. A big part is the science behind professional players health. There’s no denying that. I was simply pointing it out to Shull who for some baffling reason sees no benefit in them or coach disciplines. He gave the example of football years ago. 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not the one and only reason, part of the issue. Football isn’t as simple as ‘fix this one element and it’ll all be great’ 

part of the problem with Scottish football is we are behind the curve on many elements. A big part is the science behind professional players health. There’s no denying that. I was simply pointing it out to Shull who for some baffling reason sees no benefit in them or coach disciplines. He gave the example of football years ago. 

Fair dos and I agree that improvements in looking after players diets and warm ups/warn downs and the whole physical aspect of players regime has improved. Recovery is one aspect that is huge in the modern game.

IF we are behind it would need to be at the development stage. This is shown up on many occasions when a young player heads for the Championship/EPL and spend weeks, even months, getting into condition for the English game.

I believe our clubs take as much on board as down south when they are looking after their current squad. Well as much as the finances allow.

Watching the game today I was surprised by Oran being deep in conversation with McManus. No sign of involving the actual first team coaching staff...... not entirely sure what the point is of having these guys if you don't consult them?

Eh i must have been at another game pretty sure he spoke to them all during the game as he should.

Is this another piss poor attempt at shit stirring?

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

Must be great knowing your a shit manager and won't get sack, absolute disgrace AGAIN today, normal service resumes

How does he know this, especially given how quickly the board acted with Stubbs. Not having a go, genuinely interested as to where you have heard Kearney is beyond sackable ?