The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

52 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

With McIntyre being embarrassed by Dundee tonight.... and Accies changing managers.... which i still cant believe. Have to say...... Door is still wide open. Hope they draw Sat 

Accies fans could put up with finishing 10th every year or winning the play off final when there was a sense that there wasn't much between most of the bottom 6 teams and where they'd expect to pick up 35-40 points at least. This season although they are sitting 10th they have only scored 8 goals in 21 league games not involving their head to heads with us. Dundee lost 6 games in a row and changed managers; we are one of the promoted teams and have changed managers twice since winning the Championship and have signed 21 players since the start of the summer window and released 32 players and despite all this Hamilton are a grand total of 2 points better off than us as we move into February. Accies also find themselves, give or take a point of two, on half the points total of Lanarkshire rivals Motherwell and Championship runner-up Livingston who also have a smaller budget than them. Canning also found himself in the position that Gus and Danny found themselves in that after a few seasons of beating the drop if there doesn't appear to be signs of progress (good cup runs, exciting homegrown players coming through, potential for a better league position on the near horizon) pressure grows to change manager and goodwill and patience towards the manager fade away. Canning will always be unfavourably judged in comparisons with Alex Neil or with the squad Billy Reid brought through.

I would reckon Dundee fans will be taking the QOTS results as proof Dundee could struggle in the Championship or play-off final. Here's hoping Accies don't get a new manager bounce and both of them struggle for form and results while we face Rangers and Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Guess the team for this game?

Will some of the new guys get flung in to get them the pace of the Premiership?

Who will we rest?

Will we go with 2 up front? I hope we do. We got a lesson at Parkhead trying to contain Celtic, so I really hope we have a go at Ibrox. 

F A to lose. 

23 minutes ago, munoz said:

Will we go with 2 up front? I hope we do. We got a lesson at Parkhead trying to contain Celtic, so I really hope we have a go at Ibrox. 

F A to lose. 

So do i

We haven't fixed the problem in midfield of trying to protect the defence

We have pace down the flanks and signed a focal point

Go for it

5-5

2 hours ago, munoz said:

F A to lose. 

I am with you on this. Though traditionally weaker teams try to sit in and keep it 0  v  0 for 60 - 70 minutes and then attack with the chance of gaining and keeping the lead.

My worry is we don't seem to (a) have enough steam for the entire 90 minutes, (b) being able to keep it 0  v  0 for 70 minutes . . 

Whatever we do, anything is a bonus - especially if it is not too bad on our goal difference...

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am with you on this. Though traditionally weaker teams try to sit in and keep it 0  v  0 for 60 - 70 minutes and then attack with the chance of gaining and keeping the lead.

My worry is we don't seem to (a) have enough steam for the entire 90 minutes, (b) being able to keep it 0  v  0 for 70 minutes . . 

Whatever we do, anything is a bonus - especially if it is not too bad on our goal difference...

Bloody Hell is this the Fitzy tactics ???

Seem to remember 7-1 Game where we had a go

Anybody we a degree of foiotball knowledge knows we haev to keep it very tight, if we lose a goal then yes have a PLAN B............

At least we now have players that can be offensive minded

The title of this thread is incorrect.

There is no such club or company as "The International Rangers".

"Rangers International Football Club plc" does not have the prefix "The" and is merely a holding company for the club itself, "The Rangers Football Club Ltd", which was originally called "Sevco Scotland Ltd" and was formed in 2012.

As fans generally do not use the "Football Club Ltd" part of a name, the club we are playing is merely "The Rangers" (or "Sevco" for the traditionalists at heart).

"The" should always be used because, a) that's what they called themselves and b) to distinguish them from a completely separate club, Rangers, which is now in liquidation.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

We have taken points off this team before.

We have beaten them at their place.

Nothing is impossible. They are still nowhere near the calibre of the team which won so many trophies in the 90s.

We have to believe we can do something.

Any other attitude and we'll be facing a royal humping.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
This will be a hiding for a team still in pre-season training basically! We didn't show any ability to keep hold of the ball vs Celtic, so this will be just sit back, pack the box and hope we can get a 0-0.
I felt much the same walking into hampden for the semi final against sellik in 2013.
Heres hoping for a similar outcome, as remote as that seems.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Saints have only won 8 league games at Ibrox...ever!

8 in 129 years averages just over one every 16 years. As the last win was 27 years ago, a victory is long overdue emoji41.png

Stato. Win or lose. This feels like the start of a new era under OK.

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ballet on a Saturday afternoon - is that legal ???:flowers

Ballet West are a company one of my grandaughters spent time with. The other two did rythmic gymnastics and figure skating so it's very much their kind of thing. Must admit that I was sceptical about it a number of years ago but enjoy it. These folks are fit. Saturday afternoon, I agree, is not a good time for it! COYS.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Ballet West are a company one of my grandaughters spent time with. The other two did rythmic gymnastics and figure skating so it's very much their kind of thing. Must admit that I was sceptical about it a number of years ago but enjoy it. These folks are fit. Saturday afternoon, I agree, is not a good time for it! COYS.

Now that is a quality answer mate.....

Have you been to the virual jail today to noise up FAS and Shull................. :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS
Saints have only won 8 league games at Ibrox...ever!

8 in 129 years averages just over one every 16 years. As the last win was 27 years ago, a victory is long overdue [emoji41]
It's the hope that kills ye