W7/North Bank Treatment

NB18

It's been stated that there was fighting before that game. Might explain increased police presence being necessary?
Think there had also been trouble in Motherwell too before our last match up there.

While no-one wants an increase in policing at home games I can understand that two recent bouts of trouble with the same opposition might cause the local constabulary to feel they need to make their presence known.

Symptomatic with what's going on at the club. They want fans to sit in their seats say nothing but hand over your money. GLS acts like some sort of small time dictatorship. It's a it's ma baw yer no playing mentality. Top to bottom the place is a shambles. I think the guys in W7 do a good job to bring a atmosphere to a soulless stadium. And also to do it while watching the dross we've had to suffer well done to them. But at our small minded club they get punished. BOD need to start a dialogue with the fans or the atmosphere is gonna drop.

22 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Think there had also been trouble in Motherwell too before our last match up there.

While no-one wants an increase in policing at home games I can understand that two recent bouts of trouble with the same opposition might cause the local constabulary to feel they need to make their presence known.

One high profile W7 individual appears to claim / acknowledge on Twitter being involved in trouble at the station. 

What is it these guys don't get about unnaceptable behaviour?

Stick to the singing and flag waving in the ground.. That's great. 

The other stuff is just juvenile. 

There was a big rammy between Motherwell and St Mirren fans after the first home game of the season in the middle of the road as you approach the train station.

No idea who was involved, but it was a bunch of young guys on both sides. It seems to be a 'problem' match at the moment, so it's little wonder there's a bigger police presence at those particular games.

Standing on seats isn't the most heinous of crimes, but if you've been told not to and then repeatedly continue to do so.... well you're then just being a bit of a fanny. To then claim victimisation on that basis is laughable.

1 hour ago, Ally said:

There was a big rammy between Motherwell and St Mirren fans after the first home game of the season in the middle of the road as you approach the train station.

No idea who was involved, but it was a bunch of young guys on both sides. It seems to be a 'problem' match at the moment, so it's little wonder there's a bigger police presence at those particular games.

Standing on seats isn't the most heinous of crimes, but if you've been told not to and then repeatedly continue to do so.... well you're then just being a bit of a fanny. To then claim victimisation on that basis is laughable.

Exactly. The Twitter comment where an individual seems to be pleased to have been involved in the rammy tends to support the point that the police are right to monitor things closely.

Edited by St.Ricky

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

One high profile W7 individual appears to claim / acknowledge on Twitter being involved in trouble at the station. 

You do know that he was tweeting it as a joke due to the letter he had got, and cos the team were playing badly and wanted a ban, he got you hook, line and sinker sir :happyclapper others also said they where involved as a joke cos they wanted a ban too, cos the team have been honking :lol:

Edited by mattman

56 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

BOD need to start a dialogue with the fans or the atmosphere is gonna drop.

Makes you wonder if there is any dialogue actually happening between the two.

Aren’t we meant to have a Support Liason Officer or something who could work between the two?

45 minutes ago, mattman said:

You do know that he was tweeting it as a joke due to the letter he had got, and cos the team were playing badly and wanted a ban, he got you hook, line and sinker sir :happyclapper others also said they where involved as a joke cos they wanted a ban too, cos the team have been honking :lol:

Have these guys no sense of responsibility?  No wonder they are getting bad press.  Again...if you really want to support the team..get back to singing and flag waving. 

5 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

He's an easy target and he hasn't done anything wrong

Wonder where the Polis was when he got attacked outside Ibrox

These boys aren't the LSD or The North Bank Aggro and shouldn't be treated as such

I honestly wasn't referring to anyone in particular. 

But on the subject of Josh. I'm not saying it is or isn't happening but I think it's a bit odd that the club would be targeting anyone in particular for no real reason. Especially someone closely related to our best player when you run a very real risk of pissing said player off. So the question, if it actually is happening....is why?

Nothing that happens in W7 is any different from some of the stuff that used to go on in the North Bank when away supports were sharing the stand. Nothing worse than what used to happen and be said at places like Brockville and in the cowshed. 

It's just a struggle to comprehend that one particular person is getting tagetted for doing absolutely nothing. It really doesn't make sense. 

The standing on seats thing doesn't warrant a letter from the club and is nonsense but if you've been told a couple of times to stop standing on seats and you already feel you are an easy target, you wouldn't keep doing it to be fair. 

48 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Have these guys no sense of responsibility?  No wonder they are getting bad press.  Again...if you really want to support the team..get back to singing and flag waving. 

It was a joke ricky. Non members of w7 also said same joke, have they no responsibility either ?

chill out bud.

I wonder how many of the Dundee Utd fans throwing missiles on to the pitch i.e toilet rolls were identified by CCTV and were ejected from the ground for violating the stadium rules? I'd guess none since the white shirts in the wee CCTV room at the top corner of the Main Stand seem to spend their time looking at the pitch.

I like the idea of the guys being *the engine room" of the home support.
How about W4?
Smack bang in the middle of the West stand. 
Noise,  colour and maybe in time a safe standing area. 

Yeh I’m sure fans would be willing to give up their good seats to accommodate the singing section.
On the subject there’s never smoke without fire .

I wonder how many of the Dundee Utd fans throwing missiles on to the pitch i.e toilet rolls were identified by CCTV and were ejected from the ground for violating the stadium rules? I'd guess none since the white shirts in the wee CCTV room at the top corner of the Main Stand seem to spend their time looking at the pitch.
Spend their time spying on the home fans to see whom they can ban next.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:10 AM, DumboBud said:

I’m not convinced the club have a huge influence on the details for the stewards. I imagine it will be a case of the club  employ a company to steward games in line with the law/ regulations and the club won’t have a chance to influence the nuances of exactly how that is played out. 

The club has the legal duty to ensure that the stadium security is in line with the arrangements agreed with Police Scotland.  The security company supply manpower and expertise.

On a day-to-day basis, the appointed manager of the security firm will liaise with the police, probably more informally and outwith club scrutiny.   Chances are that person is either ex-police or has a longstanding realtionship with senior officers and that is where the club get cut out.  We all know, if the cops lean on you it's easier in life just to let them get on if it isn't costing you your liberty.

My hunch? this is a strategy knocked up by a couple of cops and the security firm and the club has turned a blind eye rather than get involved.  If that is what has happened then that is pretty bad.

Anyone affected should be discussing this with their MP.

56 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The club has the legal duty to ensure that the stadium security is in line with the arrangements agreed with Police Scotland.  The security company supply manpower and expertise.

On a day-to-day basis, the appointed manager of the security firm will liaise with the police, probably more informally and outwith club scrutiny.   Chances are that person is either ex-police or has a longstanding realtionship with senior officers and that is where the club get cut out.  We all know, if the cops lean on you it's easier in life just to let them get on if it isn't costing you your liberty.

My hunch? this is a strategy knocked up by a couple of cops and the security firm and the club has turned a blind eye rather than get involved.  If that is what has happened then that is pretty bad.

Anyone affected should be discussing this with their MP.

Make sense.

No doubt that fud ex copper that alerted British transport police of Saints fans shocking plans to have a beer on the way to Dumfries!

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I like the idea of the guys being *the engine room" of the home support.

How about W4?

Smack bang in the middle of the West stand. 

Noise,  colour and maybe in time a safe standing area. 

Stupid idea that has been rubbished on other threads.

W4 is full of season ticket holders most of whom have been there since the stadium opened (most of my bus of diehards sit there). Many of these people were all in the real North Bank a decade ago. So these guys have all to move to allow the singing section in?

And supporters in W3 and W5 have now to view just half the pitch as they cannot see the other half due to folk standing (and sitting on each others' shoulders?), banners and flags being waved?

The only locations suitable are at the end of a stand.

34 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Stupid idea that has been rubbished on other threads.

W4 is full of season ticket holders most of whom have been there since the stadium opened (most of my bus of diehards sit there). Many of these people were all in the real North Bank a decade ago. So these guys have all to move to allow the singing section in?

And supporters in W3 and W5 have now to view just half the pitch as they cannot see the other half due to folk standing (and sitting on each others' shoulders?), banners and flags being waved?

The only locations suitable are at the end of a stand.

Well,  I'm glad that didn't go down we'll as we have our seats there in W4 and we previously sat/stood  in the north bank. 

End of a stand seems to be the winner.  

Alternatively,  the present family stand is rarely full. 

Might they move there and a Family Section created in the West or Home Stands? 

Just looking at alternatives.