TopCat

Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

3 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

So, it looks as though OK is out on his arse and Jim Goodwin is #1 on the list... Purely as a new topic of discussion, If it wasn't a Saint Mirren legend and solely a nobody Alloa manager, would we be happy with the appointment? I know his job last season with limited resources was fantastic but can't help feel he's under qualified for the job. Especially when he has only got three weeks to build a squad before the serious stuff kicks off  -unless we write off the League Cup to give him slightly more time.

I wouldn't be up in arms if we do appoint JG but i'm not so sure his credentials qualify him for the job..

Goodwin was a clear leader on the park and will be off it also. He got part time Alloa prompted then kept part time Alloa in the championship. Alloa fans love Jim Goodwin and dont want him to leave. No question Jim should be St Mirren manager.  

They allowed Oran to commute, now they want to change that, but under employment law its an established custom & practice. 

How do you know this is what has caused the issue? Have I missed a quote from someone?

It seems to me that Robert Greive felt the issue lay at Kearney’s door by wanting to change the current arrangement. That’s as much as we have to go on.

Wilfully making stuff up to suit your anti-GLS agenda just makes you look a bigger fanny than usual.

22 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Well, I'd like you to explain how "well publicised" is sufficient justificcation for you to speculate when at the same time you pour scorn on people for not sticking to the facts.

You said the desire to commute more was well publicised-does this really mean it was nothing more than the subject of rumours, you evasive little man.

Your line is that the absence of proof to the contrary makes something true, which makes Einstein look like a bit of a dick alongside all who have striven to either prove or disprove the substance of his theory.

I’m not, I genuinely can’t make this any simpler. I’m saying there are so many stories going around it makes no sense for someone to categorically say one is right & the others are wrong. (Not something I was doing, just pointing out another part of the speculation LPM has to ignore) 

well publicised as in news outlets are publicising it, I am not saying they’re right. 

I hope I have now cleared up how your claim about my post is completely wrong. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Goodwin was a clear leader on the park and will be off it also. He got part time Alloa prompted then kept part time Alloa in the championship. Alloa fans love Jim Goodwin and dont want him to leave. No question Jim should be St Mirren manager.  

I'm not so sure that being promoted from League 1 to the Championship and the fans loving you qualifies to manage St.Mirren in the Premiership.

Also,  Jack had far more coaching experience under his belt before he arrived at Saints than Jim.

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

How do you know this is what has caused the issue? Have I missed a quote from someone?

It seems to me that Robert Greive felt the issue lay at Kearney’s door by wanting to change the current arrangement. That’s as much as we have to go on.

Wilfully making stuff up to suit your anti-GLS agenda just makes you look a bigger fanny than usual.

How do you know anything Grieve has said is true?

the chairman was all over the media last week publicly pressuring his manager to move his family here. Why did he feel the need to break confidentiality and trust by doing that. And he never mentioned any change Kearney had asked for, he was pushing the change HE wanted.

any of that made up chum?

13 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

So, it looks as though OK is out on his arse and Jim Goodwin is #1 on the list... Purely as a new topic of discussion, If it wasn't a Saint Mirren legend and solely a nobody Alloa manager, would we be happy with the appointment? I know his job last season with limited resources was fantastic but can't help feel he's under qualified for the job. Especially when he has only got three weeks to build a squad before the serious stuff kicks off  -unless we write off the League Cup to give him slightly more time.

I wouldn't be up in arms if we do appoint JG but i'm not so sure his credentials qualify him for the job..

JR arrived from Alloa with just as much experience as Jim as a first team manager. Gus in his first full season got us promoted. I guess we will never know until we try.

The signings policy is different now to last summer. Still expect us to be actively making movement.

Could you re-post this again in a couple of hours? :lol:

I’m getting sick f**king fed up debunking this myth that Belfast is less than an hour away

Have these people never used a f**king airport ?!?

Or alternatively , they are simply deliberately trotting this crap out to yet again have a cheap and inaccurate swipe at the club.

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’m not, I genuinely can’t make this any simpler. I’m saying there are so many stories going around it makes no sense for someone to categorically say one is right & the others are wrong. (Not something I was doing, just pointing out another part of the speculation LPM has to ignore) 

well publicised as in news outlets are publicising it, I am not saying they’re right. 

I hope I have now cleared up how your claim about my post is completely wrong. 

nope. another big plunge into the bin for you

Just now, beyond our ken said:

nope. another big plunge into the bin for you

I know you’ve practically made it your life’s work to try & point out inconsistencies in my posts. It must be a real struggle for you, the failure to do so. 

Sometimes I make spelling and grammatical errors because of how quick I type. Feel free to use them to feed your obsession. :rolleyes:

Just now, bazil85 said:

I know you’ve practically made it your life’s work to try & point out inconsistencies in my posts. It must be a real struggle for you, the failure to do so. 

Sometimes I make spelling and grammatical errors because of how quick I type. Feel free to use them to feed your obsession. :rolleyes:

Oh! I Will!.

3 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

The new appointment (if there is one) can only be Goodwin as there is simply no time left to go through the procedure of inviting new candidates.

I also feel a bit bad for Alloa here. Could you blame their chairman if he blocked GLS's number?

5 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I also feel a bit bad for Alloa here. Could you blame their chairman if he blocked GLS's number?

I think he probably sees St Mirren and Scott as the big Cash Cow that keeps giving! Much like the Coleraine chairman..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I think he probably sees St Mirren and Scott as the big Cash Cow that keeps giving!

Well, yeah, there is that. I'm trying to see what deal he's on there but can't. I assume he extended by a year - maybe we could just offer them a friendly - next weekend 😂

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

How can we talk about anyone being under qualified for the job when the last managerial appointment we made was a PE teacher?