Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

Going into this game 4pts behind Accies. Few teams make up 4pts after the split so if we're going to make 10th place realistically we need to win - COYS!

Win the two games against Academicals and Dundee and we'll have 29 points minimum. HA's would have to then get 5 points in their other 4 games and D's 11 in their remaining 4 to equal that...also by beating them our GD would be worth an extra point.

Alternatively we could go on a Jack Ross/OK run of 6 defeats in a row and finish bottom.

Dee now 6 defeats in a row, Hamilton on a bad run too. Even a draw on Saturday and I believe we will pass them into 10th by the last game.
3 big games Hamilton twice and Dee once more but the other games count too . . .

I agree with this. A draw, with them still to come to our place wouldn’t be a terrible result.

That being said if results go in our favour on Saturday could see us in really good shape come 5.45pm.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

I agree with this. A draw, with them still to come to our place wouldn’t be a terrible result.

That being said if results go in our favour on Saturday could see us in really good shape come 5.45pm.

Very much my thoughts. We take 4 points from the two games, then we only need to better their result once more.

I’m not looking back either. I think Dundee are rotten to the core...they didn’t seem together on Saturday.

8 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Win the two games against Academicals and Dundee and we'll have 29 points minimum. HA's would have to then get 5 points in their other 4 games and D's 11 in their remaining 4 to equal that...also by beating them our GD would be worth an extra point.

Alternatively we could go on a Jack Ross/OK run of 6 defeats in a row and finish bottom.

Yeah fair doos - 4 pts from the 2 games against Accies might very well be enough going on current form but I wouldn't discount them getting a coupla big results post split. Like I've said elsewhere I'm not convinced Brian Rice is a tactical genius but Hamilton for all their faults have been able to win games (Aberdeen, Hearts) when they've scored first. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Brian Rice post match last night saying the reason we rested players against Celtic was because we are scared of playing Accies. 
Deflects from their result and hopes it motivates his squad.
Meh.

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'd say he's right.

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

Brian Rice post match last night saying the reason we rested players against Celtic was because we are scared of playing Accies. 

Who is we in this - other than the McGinn's and Baird we are a completely new team  . . .   

We will see who is scared this weekend - Hamilton       0    v    3       St. Mirren 

And we will be in front of them when we play them in the return fixture.  Rice is mince . . . :spud6

28 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Who is we in this - other than the McGinn's and Baird we are a completely new team  . . .   

We will see who is scared this weekend - Hamilton       0    v    3       St. Mirren 

And we will be in front of them when we play them in the return fixture.  Rice is mince . . . :spud6

I've heard Chinese whispers that,  after we overtake them, he'll be Fired Rice

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I've heard Chinese whispers that,  after we overtake them, he'll be Fired Rice

I was playing with his name and linked it to his ability in food - but you surpassed mine . . .  good spirits on here - a welcome change from a few weeks ago...

What's your prediction for this next game?

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I was playing with his name and linked it to his ability in food - but you surpassed mine . . .  good spirits on here - a welcome change from a few weeks ago...

What's your prediction for this next game?

I've traded  predictions for hope. Add to that the underfoot surface at that wee shitty ground and it's only blind hope. I'm trying to stay positive,...… HONEST!

5 hours ago, munoz said:

Brian Rice in his best attempt at Fergie mind games. 

Just a shame his best attempt wasn't very good. Saying the opposition is scared of you is fine in the dressing room, as it might give your team a bit of confidence. Saying it to the press is only likely to rile the other team.

20 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah fair doos - 4 pts from the 2 games against Accies might very well be enough going on current form but I wouldn't discount them getting a coupla big results post split. Like I've said elsewhere I'm not convinced Brian Rice is a tactical genius but Hamilton for all their faults have been able to win games (Aberdeen, Hearts) when they've scored first. 

Not convinced either that Kearney has any tactical plan whatsoever and would fancy most managers to out manoeuvre him...play 1 upfront and go behind before pushing players up then losing a 2nd has been his game plan for most of it...then doesn't have a clue what to do....no idea what score will be this Saturday but people to confident Saints will win and 99% of time this backfires on us...certainly wouldn't bet on Saints win...not a Kearney fan at all...somebody who accepts defeat before a game does not have right mentality and he did that on Wed night...

17 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Not convinced either that Kearney has any tactical plan whatsoever and would fancy most managers to out manoeuvre him...play 1 upfront and go behind before pushing players up then losing a 2nd has been his game plan for most of it...then doesn't have a clue what to do....no idea what score will be this Saturday but people to confident Saints will win and 99% of time this backfires on us...certainly wouldn't bet on Saints win...not a Kearney fan at all...somebody who accepts defeat before a game does not have right mentality and he did that on Wed night...

And breathe...