Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

Pleasure to be the first to respond to your excellent opening post!

Dare I say it'll be vital to score first? I'm yet to be convinced that our ex-assistant manager Brian Rice is a tactical genius but he does seem to have restored Hamilton's mojo and if they get in front I suspect they'll be a lot harder to turnover than Dundee were. We're a more physical team than we were before the window and I don't think we'll be overrun like we were in the first 2 H2Hs but we'll have to scrap for 90+ minutes on Saturday.

Erm, like I said it's vital we score first and as ever - COYS!

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Dare I say it'll be vital to score first? I'm yet to be convinced that our ex-assistant manager Brian Rice is a tactical genius but he does seem to have restored Hamilton's mojo and if they get in front I suspect they'll be a lot harder to turnover than Dundee were. We're a more physical team than we were before the window and I don't think we'll be overrun like we were in the first 2 H2Hs but we'll have to scrap for 90+ minutes on Saturday.

Accies under Rice have been either an embarrassment or bloody Lucky...... Dons had 18 shots to 5 against them but could not hit a barn door. Added to Sevco, Killie 5-0 which was going on 10 and Well who also destroyed them. Thats from an Accies fan in here not me.................

We score, play 3 up front and play with intensity of 2nd half v Dee then we will coast this

Accies 0 Saints 4

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I do agree with you, both that it is far better if we score first against Hamilton, and that we are now a more physical team than before the window. Of course we came back against Dee, but Hamilton do have a habit of sitting on a lead and catching teams out on the break. On Saturday we did compete very well all over the park, but lost more aerial battles in midfield and up front to taller players - though our defence likewise won the bulk of the headers. We will likely be similar against Hamilton.

For that reason I would like to see us punting less balls up in the air, and playing to feet more . . .

Hamilton seem to either win or lose since Rice was appointed, Here's hoping it is another loss for them against us...

So long as we keep the mentality from Saturdays win - we can definitely do it. .. 

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Accies under Rice have been either an embarrassment or bloody Lucky...... Dons had 18 shots to 5 against them but could not hit a barn door. Added to Sevco, Killie 5-0 which was going on 10 and Well who also destroyed them. Thats from an Accies fan in here not me.................

We score, play 3 up front and play with intensity of 2nd half v Dee then we will coast this

Accies 0 Saints 4

Wish we'd had as many lucky wins as Accies this season!

2017/18

10 Hamilton Academical 38 9 6 23 47 68 −21 33
11 Partick Thistle (R) 38 8 9 21 31 61 −30 33 Qualification for the Premiership play-off final
12 Ross County (R) 38 6 11 21 40 62 −22 29

2018/19

10 Hamilton Academical (Y) 31 7 3 21 20 66 −46 24
11 St Mirren (Y) 31 5 5 21 23 58 −35 20 Qualification for the Premiership play-off final
12 Dundee (Y) 31 4 6 21 25 64 −39 18

Spot the similarity - more wins than their relegation rivals. Hamilton's survival strategy is based on getting ahead and hanging on, a few pastings along the way is incidental to them they know what they have to do to avoid relegation. vital we score first goal!

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wish we'd had as many lucky wins as Accies this season!

2017/18

2018/19

Spot the similarity - more wins than their relegation rivals. Hamilton's survival strategy is based on getting ahead and hanging on, a few pastings along the way is incidental to them they know what they have to do to avoid relegation. vital we score first goal!

We get level with Accies then our GD will kick in. I am taking nothing for granted, however I would be more worried under Canning than Rice..................... every game now is massive , we are starting to show better form though and really should have taken points in Killie and Fakes games, but fact is, we have been in every game for the last 8 or so. Accies have been wiped out in at least half Rices games, and not shown any resolve.........................

Its all up for Grabs, but at least its still in our own hands. We beat Accies twice and Dundee again we WILL stay up

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Tickets gave been on sale for a week now, I'm pretty sure the capacity of the North Stand is under 2000.

Good chance we'll sell it out after Saturday's result.

Just off the phone to SMP, I'm unsure if she was hussling me but the woman the ticket office said I'd be better ordering the Hamilton ticket today rather than waiting till Wednesday when I'm in Paisley as they're going fast.

Edited by Bud the Baker

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Just off the phone to SMP, I'm unsure if she was hussling me but the woman the ticket office said I'd be better ordering the Hamilton ticket today rather than waiting till Wednesday when I.m in Paisley as they're going fast.

There's no way we are going to sell all 2000 tickets for an away match at Hamilton. Will be fairly full though I'm sure.

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There's no way we are going to sell all 2000 tickets for an away match at Hamilton. Will be fairly full though I'm sure.

It is a game we need to win...but the price of a ticket in joke of a stadium and joke of a playing surface is a disgrace....fans should boycott this ground as not fit for purpose..

22 minutes ago, Kemp said:

3pts on Wednesday night might improve Saturdays support. 

On 4/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Just off the phone to SMP, I'm unsure if she was hussling me but the woman the ticket office said I'd be better ordering the Hamilton ticket today rather than waiting till Wednesday when I'm in Paisley as they're going fast.

I was given the same spiel yesterday . The way she was talking it sounded like St Mirren hadn't been given that many tickets. If we did have 2000 I don''t think we would  sell them .     EDIT - JUST READ FTOF's POST ABOVE AFTER I POSTED THIS. The ticket office woman was obviously right.

22 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Bought my tickets online tonight... Inc postage, not a kick on the erse off £50 for two adults.

Bought them over the phone. picking them up Wednesday. Saved the postage (and the admin fee when you buy on line which is nothing short of a scam.)

Now Hamilton tickets are sorted l can concentrate on Wednesday.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Blind

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

From St.Mirren Twitter.

I wonder what the initial allocation was.

Not like St Mirren not to give you the full information is it??? 

"Hope to have more shortly" means to me a few minutes or an hour but the 2nd part of the Twitter post says ticket office is open late Thursday night to buy tickets for Hamilton.

Does that mean we aren't getting more tickets until Thursday??? 

I was going to take advantage of the 10 hours long opening tomorrow and get tickets to Hamilton then. 

"Hope to have more shortly" means to me a few minutes or an hour but the 2nd part of the Twitter post says ticket office is open late Thursday night to buy tickets for Hamilton.
I was going to take advantage of the 10 hours long opening tomorrow and get tickets to Hamilton then. 

Maybe they are relying on information from Hamilton's end?

2 hours ago, FTOF said:
9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Maybe they are relying on information from Hamilton's end?

Phoned the ticket office took a few tries to get through.

We requested more tickets from Hamilton on Monday night they said they would send them nothing has turned up yet, postman has already delivered the general mail this morning so they think they might be getting sent special delivery. 

Can't see Hamilton paying postage for special delivery. 

The usual shambles from the layabouts employed by St Mirren FC.

If Hamilton didn't send all 2000 tickets, then it would have been quite easy to foresee "running out". This should have been sorted out in advance. The communication should be clear if "run out" is different from sold out. We should know how more tickets are available, and when they will be on sale again. This information should be passed to supporters, many of whom were going to buy tickets before the game tonight.

I very much doubt the away end has sold out already, but now we have that information going out on the ticket site.

"Waiting for information" from Hamilton isn't good enough. There needs to be a serious change in mentality around how the club is run and the levels of customer service provided to our long-suffering supporters.