Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

37 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Not convinced either that Kearney has any tactical plan whatsoever and would fancy most managers to out manoeuvre him...play 1 upfront and go behind before pushing players up then losing a 2nd has been his game plan for most of it...then doesn't have a clue what to do....no idea what score will be this Saturday but people to confident Saints will win and 99% of time this backfires on us...certainly wouldn't bet on Saints win...not a Kearney fan at all...somebody who accepts defeat before a game does not have right mentality and he did that on Wed night...

We’ve been playing 3-5-2/3-4-3 the last few weeks. I’d say that’s reasonably attack minded at this level.

Most teams in this league play a variation of ‘one up top’. People get hung up on that far too often. It’s the ability of the midfielders to join the attack that’s been our downfall at times.

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

Not convinced either that Kearney has any tactical plan whatsoever and would fancy most managers to out manoeuvre him...play 1 upfront and go behind before pushing players up then losing a 2nd has been his game plan for most of it...then doesn't have a clue what to do....no idea what score will be this Saturday but people to confident Saints will win and 99% of time this backfires on us...certainly wouldn't bet on Saints win...not a Kearney fan at all...somebody who accepts defeat before a game does not have right mentality and he did that on Wed night...

In fairness, you weren’t a Kearney fan before he accepted defeat ahead of Wednesday night’s game.

In fact you’re not a fan of many things St. Mirren related. 

40 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

We need a crowd like Falkirk away under Gus, everyone’s got to be up for it tomorrow, the players and fans included.

Funny, I referenced this game as exactly how we need to approach this game. 

I remember how fired up we were from the outset and those 2 goals. Supberb, I am sure the saints fans surging forward after the 2nd goal flattened the stand boarding's.

Was a party atmosphere that day!

I pray for a repeat tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, JM1 said:

I'm taking the car tomorrow. Where do you park for games at NDP? In the supermarket car park?

There is a very large public car park on the left before you turn right towards the supermarket. Supporters' buses park there.

Edited by Sonny

Wonder if Gary Mac will be risked on the plastic? Or come to that anyone carrying a lower torso injury?

this is the one Kearney has heaped pressure on himself and the team for. The sight of a St Mirren team who have been poor all season, feeling they could pass up the chance of points in a home game, in anticipation of gaining them in an away game, on a plastic pitch against a team who have already pumped six past them... was bizarre to say the least.

if Kearney gets a win tomorrow we go into the split as well as could be expected. Draw and its pretty much same as, lose and if somehow Dundee win? Its a catastrophe. If both us and Dundee lose, same as for us two, but Hamilton dissapear over the horizon.

its more like a twelve pointer, or nothings changed game!

TEAM NEWS - well my  guess

Hladky

1.              Baird     Popescu    

McGinn                                                    Muzek 

McGinn Flynn Lyons

Mullen                 Duck

Subs 7 from  : GK :Holmes,     Defence: Corbu, MacKenzie, Ferdinand    Midfield:   Erhahon, MacPherson, Dreyer, McAllister, Kellerman,    Attack  Jackson, Cooke,

Assuming Flynn and McGinn they will be playing. I think that leaves Oran with only one position to decide upon. It could go to MacKenzie or Corbu or Erhahon I expect. I suspect Oran will know who might best suit playing on astro - plastic surfaces and fit with his game plan best.

The GK sub is a given. If MacK has no adverse hassles from last week and he is ok on this surface, it will likely be him. That would leave Corbu, Ferdinand and Erhahon (D & Midfield) on the bench cover for defence - I'd drop Ferdinand out altogether though if we have 3 CB's playing.

Other subs : McAllister if fit, if not Dreyer, and MacPherson and have Jackson but it is a tough call leaving Cooke out altogether. So I would have him before Dreyer and Dreyer only if McAllister is not fit....  unless Magennis is ready for the bench. Will he be our "joker" this week?

For the first time all season we have nearly a full team fit that are available for the subs bench . . .

Goals for us from a CB, a McGinn and a striker

5 hours ago, aldo_j said:

We’ve been playing 3-5-2/3-4-3 the last few weeks. I’d say that’s reasonably attack minded at this level.

Most teams in this league play a variation of ‘one up top’. People get hung up on that far too often. It’s the ability of the midfielders to join the attack that’s been our downfall at times.

Not the ability of midfielders its the instruction's from the manager no to go to far up the field....

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness, you weren’t a Kearney fan before he accepted defeat ahead of Wednesday night’s game.

In fact you’re not a fan of many things St. Mirren related. 

If your going go down you go fighting..fans would accept that..what i won't accept is accepting defeat before a ball is kicked which Kearney did on Wednesday night...

2 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

If your going go down you go fighting..fans would accept that..what i won't accept is accepting defeat before a ball is kicked which Kearney did on Wednesday night...

And if Saints stay up be as well giving whole stadium to old-firm when they come as Kearney has given them points before game starts....