Jump to content

saintargyll

IF remaining games are played behind doors (solution)

Recommended Posts

After tonight we have a possible 4 home games behind closed doors

well if that should happen i have a "reasonable" idea to aide the club

When the games are played the fans could at anytime ...before or after buy a ticket for the game and KEEP the ticket

Then they could be allowed by the club as a thank you to use those tickets to get into 4 games next season for half price

Even season ticket holders could buy tickets and then next season sell them to a friend for half price

and dont forget those games next season will have away fans paying full whack so it will ease the burden to the lack of finance in the next 4 home games this season

just an idea

(looks for tin hat emoji ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need. 

Bazil85 says Gordon is running the Club outstandingly and there is plenty money in reserve to feck the Coronavirus. 

I am just delighted nobody will be getting ripped off if the remaining games are played Fan Free. 

What a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

After tonight we have a possible 4 home games behind closed doors

well if that should happen i have a "reasonable" idea to aide the club

When the games are played the fans could at anytime ...before or after buy a ticket for the game and KEEP the ticket

Then they could be allowed by the club as a thank you to use those tickets to get into 4 games next season for half price

Even season ticket holders could buy tickets and then next season sell them to a friend for half price

and dont forget those games next season will have away fans paying full whack so it will ease the burden to the lack of finance in the next 4 home games this season

just an idea

(looks for tin hat emoji ) 

But there's not many teams in championship with a good away support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another idea SPFL could waive the rule that matches can't be televised live in the UK

 

Saints could then offer free Saints TV to season ticket holders and at a special one off rate to others 

Edited by Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shull said:

No need. 

Bazil85 says Gordon is running the Club outstandingly and there is plenty money in reserve to feck the Coronavirus. 

I am just delighted nobody will be getting ripped off if the remaining games are played Fan Free. 

What a result. 

Chairman update says we are in a strong position to cope with any eventually relating to coronavirus. Bazil85 just chooses to believe the chairman.

Imagine the scenes if we don’t get relegated this season. Bitter Shull will be raging at having to cry himself through another powerless, top flight season 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Chairman update says we are in a strong position to cope with any eventually relating to coronavirus. Bazil85 just chooses to believe the chairman.

Imagine the scenes if we don’t get relegated this season. Bitter Shull will be raging at having to cry himself through another powerless, top flight season 😂

I will be inconsolable if we miss out playing in the Challenge Cup again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, saintargyll said:

After tonight we have a possible 4 home games behind closed doors

well if that should happen i have a "reasonable" idea to aide the club

When the games are played the fans could at anytime ...before or after buy a ticket for the game and KEEP the ticket

Then they could be allowed by the club as a thank you to use those tickets to get into 4 games next season for half price

Even season ticket holders could buy tickets and then next season sell them to a friend for half price

and dont forget those games next season will have away fans paying full whack so it will ease the burden to the lack of finance in the next 4 home games this season

just an idea

(looks for tin hat emoji ) 

As I said in another thread...

With the corona-virus encroaching upon the UK, the government is now voicing the possibility of banning public events.  As we know, Italy has taken steps in cancelling sport or having them played behind closed doors.  If this materialises here then I would ask the club to prepare for that scenario and make live Buddievision coverage accessible to fans and free to STHs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

As I said in another thread...

With the corona-virus encroaching upon the UK, the government is now voicing the possibility of banning public events.  As we know, Italy has taken steps in cancelling sport or having them played behind closed doors.  If this materialises here then I would ask the club to prepare for that scenario and make live Buddievision coverage accessible to fans and free to STHs.

I was just about to suggest that very thing, just about to suggest that very thing indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

As I said in another thread...

With the corona-virus encroaching upon the UK, the government is now voicing the possibility of banning public events.  As we know, Italy has taken steps in cancelling sport or having them played behind closed doors.  If this materialises here then I would ask the club to prepare for that scenario and make live Buddievision coverage accessible to fans and free to STHs.

COBRA meeting today. It is thought likely that the UK will move to the next level of measures. I like the suggestion here. An other alternative is to stop the season now and award finishing places as things stand. That would leave only play off places to be decided.. If these were to be played behind closed doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

COBRA meeting today. It is thought likely that the UK will move to the next level of measures. I like the suggestion here. An other alternative is to stop the season now and award finishing places as things stand. That would leave only play off places to be decided.. If these were to be played behind closed doors. 

Interesting, would we be saying that if we had lost last night:whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Danny said:

Here's another idea SPFL could waive the rule that matches can't be televised live in the UK

 

Saints could then offer free Saints TV to season ticket holders and at a special one off rate to others 

Don’t think it’s an SPFL rule though. Is there not something in law to say games can’t be televised, hence why pub landlords face prosecution if caught showing them?

Here’s an article about someone being done. However, maybe it’s more to do with getting dodgy feeds: Link

You’d think they’d relax the laws for this period as a way of keeping money in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Don’t think it’s an SPFL rule though. Is there not something in law to say games can’t be televised, hence why pub landlords face prosecution if caught showing them?

Here’s an article about someone being done. However, maybe it’s more to do with getting dodgy feeds: Link

You’d think they’d relax the laws for this period as a way of keeping money in the game.

But... How busy would pubs be. How close would people be to each other etc etc Fresh problem caused inadvertently perhaps.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or..... if it came to pass remaining fixtures were going behind closed doors. Then thrash out a deal with tv companies to have super weekends, or midweeks. With multiple games hosted at same venue.
Costs shared, pump tv for emergency extra sponsorship, access through club portals.
Perhaps even shorten the season by conducting play offs BCD to determine who ends up in Europe, and in the regular playoffs...
Top six/ bottom six play offs (as it stands) to get to the final..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or..... if it came to pass remaining fixtures were going behind closed doors. Then thrash out a deal with tv companies to have super weekends, or midweeks. With multiple games hosted at same venue.
Costs shared, pump tv for emergency extra sponsorship, access through club portals.
Perhaps even shorten the season by conducting play offs BCD to determine who ends up in Europe, and in the regular playoffs...
Top six/ bottom six play offs (as it stands) to get to the final..?

You are full of ideas LPM

I like you in this new guise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like any public gathering (outdoor) of more than 500 people will not be permitted, and 100 for indoor events

Perhaps we could replace the rest of the season with something similar to the Tennants Sixes - I'd watch that :)

hqdefault.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV Companies will have a big say on what happens. They have invested huge amounts into the game and will want a product to show for it. 

Showing games In pubs though, would as others have said cause their own problems. Free to air doesn't have the capacity unless Freeview Channels could be involved. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nothing will be announced by SPL/SFA till after sevco get desperately needed cash in.
IE after the match v Celtic on Sunday
Sevco's survival is the vital thing, here.

You don't mean the sfa do whatever they can to help them surely. It's not like they had a game rescheduled 24 hours later or anything 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nothing will be announced by SPL/SFA till after sevco get desperately needed cash in.
IE after the match v Celtic on Sunday
Sevco's survival is the vital thing, here.

Not sure the SFA/SPFL will get the choice on that tbf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking like any public gathering (outdoor) of more than 500 people will not be permitted, and 100 for indoor events
Perhaps we could replace the rest of the season with something similar to the Tennants Sixes - I'd watch that 
hqdefault.jpg&key=e6f68882cd7a3dbb8a784f84ab65de078600beef6f1ad4f463f0268371f1747e
 
On the telly in yir ain house though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nothing will be announced by SPL/SFA till after sevco get desperately needed cash in.
IE after the match v Celtic on Sunday
Sevco's survival is the vital thing, here.
Ohhh just imagine the seethe if all games get pulled asap.
Will be a crisis for uk - NI and Eire ferry companies. He, he...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...