IF remaining games are played behind doors (solution)

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think something similar happened in Chile a few years ago but there is no precedence for this in modern European football and certainly not at this stage in the season.

It's really the only way if it gets cancelled. For me it's far more palatable than null and voiding the entire season of football, though I do admit, I'd probably have a different viewpoint if Wednesday had gone differently and we were currently bottom. :lol: 

Aye, that occurred to me. Can you imagine..............😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
42 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Didn’t someone say the other day that if the season was abandoned, the league positions at the point of abandonment would stand?

The only precedent was the 39/40 season which was annulled. Admittedly the season was only 5 games in compared to the current standings.

Wait don the rangers want to claim that title?

With players now testing positive (same old, same old) then the likelihood is the season will be halted early as even closed doors games, with players all over each other at set pieces etc.. is a risk.

With that in mind I would go for cancelling the league cup next season, maybe starting a wee bit early with Summer football, then completing the games, pull the winter break forward to September and start the 20/21 season then.

Any thoughts?

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

With players now testing positive (same old, same old) then the likelihood is the season will be halted early as even closed doors games, with players all over each other at set pieces etc.. is a risk.
With that in mind I would go for cancelling the league cup next season, maybe starting a wee bit early eith Summer football, then completing the games, pull the winter break forward to September and start the 20/21 season then.
Any thought?

I think the Euros will be moved to next year, all leagues will be suspended for a month/6 weeks and then resume, running until mid/end June.

It might mean a change in format for the League Cup...drop the groups and just go back to knock out fitba.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With that in mind I would go for cancelling the league cup next season, maybe starting a wee bit early with Summer football, then completing the games, pull the winter break forward to September and start the 20/21 season then.

Any thoughts?

The main problem there is that several players across all clubs are out of contract at end of May. You'd be essentially rebuilding squads to complete the previous season. 

59 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Didn’t someone say the other day that if the season was abandoned, the league positions at the point of abandonment would stand?

Aye............Scott Brown.

The main problem there is that several players across all clubs are out of contract at end of May. You'd be essentially rebuilding squads to complete the previous season. 
Aye, but if the ruling body set it up then they would facilitate it by appropriate opening/closing of the transfer window.
I.e. no moves out or in until 19/20 season complete. Then two week transfer window.
Would be a quicker, slicker turnaround. Let's face it who doesn't dread the long transfer window dragging on?

[https://pbs]

Dan Roan

[emoji818]@danroan

BREAKING: Premier League and EFL look set to announce both will be suspended until at least Apr 4th, when situation will be reviewed. Hearing EFL board agreed on this unanimously. Premier League meeting happening in 10 mins when clubs will be urged to follow suit

10:22 - 13 Mar 2020

Twitter Ads information and privacy

1,298 people are talking about this

Scotland next

20 hours ago, pod said:

Aren't they also under pressure when they have those silly walks every other week in Glasgow and surrounding areas and that also includes her followers.

I heard that in July there will be thousands of orangemen stuck at home dressed in full regalia marching on a treadmill and yelling "Alexa play the Sash" 😍