Managerial Merry Go Round

St.Ricky

Thats a huge game...always wanted a Leeds team in top league but they have noone in defence ... wishing you success of staying up

Leeds are just our sideline team because we live here..

Going tonight against v Leicester then 2 weeks against Newcastle

I think they’re down already

Like you, we’re awaiting post split fixtures to come back up, though I was gutted for the ‘additional fans’ the drive home after the Kilmarnock game was flat on Saturday

We should just go for it in final 5 games as someone else suggested

1 hour ago, guinness said:

All these managers sacked after a fewgames. You wonder if the majority of clubs should show more Faith in the original Manager and see where they end up as changing ship half way through does not seem to make much of a difference to a lot of them.

There should be a transfer window for managers.

Allardyce in talks to replace Gracia at Leeds. 

Confirmed

We’ve been to plenty of Leeds games this season and had already got tickets for Newcastle game next week ( before our post split fixtures were announced ) so instead of watching us v Hearts will be watching Leeds

Despite their league position, they have actually played well in many games this season

Can’t see them surviving now

Man City away
Newcastle home
West Ham away
Spurs home

On 5/1/2023 at 12:24 PM, exiledfan said:

You have to wonder why he never got the gig in the first place ahead if Goodwin if he's so good and done a wonderful job of integrating the club. I don't see him lasting past December. 

He's DONE a brilliant job until now, it was a no brainer to give him the gig.

As for Goodwins appointment, alls well that ends well, for us. 

26 minutes ago, antrin said:

Saw Brian play for Arsenal against Saints at Love St in 1981.

We played the game as both teams been knocked out the cup at the first round we competed at. We had lost 2-0 to Dumbarton. Two future Saints signings lined up for Dumbarton that day. Graeme Sinclair and Brian Gallagher.

Arsenal had been knocked out by Everton. They had appeared in the last 3 FA Cup finals against Ipswich, Man Utd and West Ham so it was amazing to see them play in Paisley.

The Saints squad was fantastic back in those days.

IMG_1620.thumb.jpeg.6b25d4c51e1fac4338852435d8df7f16.jpeg

Brian had a lot of issues with alcohol throughout his playing and managerial career but is now over 8 years sober. He has talked a great deal about his journey to help others. 

Good appointment by Hibs given his knowledge and experience in football.

11 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Saw Brian play for Arsenal against Saints at Love St in 1981.

We played the game as both teams been knocked out the cup at the first round we competed at. We had lost 2-0 to Dumbarton. Two future Saints signings lined up for Dumbarton that day. Graeme Sinclair and Brian Gallagher.

Arsenal had been knocked out by Everton. They had appeared in the last 3 FA Cup finals against Ipswich, Man Utd and West Ham so it was amazing to see them play in Paisley.

The Saints squad was fantastic back in those days.

IMG_1620.thumb.jpeg.6b25d4c51e1fac4338852435d8df7f16.jpeg

Brian had a lot of issues with alcohol throughout his playing and managerial career but is now over 8 years sober. He has talked a great deal about his journey to help others. 

Good appointment by Hibs given his knowledge and experience in football.

Met him a few times in Dublin when he was Reading manager. A really nice guy. He would come over regularly to check the progress of Reading loan players at St Patricks Athletic, and would always have a chat with supporters in the pub beside the ground afterwards.

You couldnae see it was a stonewall penalty on Saturday so that's no surprise. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
You're correct I couldn't, I'd need really good eyesight as I was officiating at another game.

Next game is on Sunday, if I get the chance I'll give you a wave if you're watching. [emoji6]

19 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You're correct I couldn't, I'd need really good eyesight as I was officiating at another game.

Next game is on Sunday, if I get the chance I'll give you a wave if you're watching. emoji6.png

I didn't say you were AT the game...........................

Did you forget you said the bit below, or did you just make that up as well? :lol:

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Watch the hearts player look to see where flynn is then changes direction from going to the ball to obstructing flynn. emoji6.png