antrin

Club covid executives - a statement.

19 minutes ago, munoz said:

The lack of parity in the punishment is the reason I'm annoyed. 

Did Celtic get punished like this for the actions of one of their players- no.

Did Aberdeen- no.

Did Rangers- no.

Rangers didn't postpone a game.

Celtic and Aberdeen were forced by the government and the SPFL to postpone their matches.

Our case is entirely different.

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

The players of the punishment free clubs are all representing their clubs and would have been surely told what they cant do.

More guilty if you ask me.

Our position on the site was you can't blame the club for being unlucky in the current circumstances but we're being punished for the club not enforcing the rules and having to postpone games.

Edited by Bud the Baker

20 minutes ago, mattman said:

What I don’t understand is we get hammered for players car sharing/ sitting beside eachother on buses and sitting together for pre match meals but 90 mins playing contact sport... nah all good 👍👌🤣

And gobbing and snottering all over the pitch.

19 minutes ago, antrin said:

And yet it's perfectly fine for these same players (who have wives, partners and families) to run about, sweat, spit, expectorate and  breathe heavily in each other's faces and those of their opponents for 90 minutes? 

If that is the accepted state of play then it is illogical gobshite.

They are not breaching social distancing for extended periods of time during a match whereas on a coach or at meals they are.

I think that is the argument.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Rangers didn't postpone a game.

Celtic and Aberdeen were forced by the government and the SPFL to postpone their matches.

Our case is entirely different.

Yeah, you're correct.  8 Aberdeen players go out for a piss up and no punishment from the SPFL.

If you're trying to tell me that doesn't deserve similar or worse punishment,  you're at it.

Corrupt. 

30 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We're being punished as a club for not enforcing specific rules leading to postponements so it's different from individual players or groups of players breaking the rules on their own initiative.

Gotta look at the CEO position...

For this debacle and also the historic financial irregularities. The buck stops at the top.

It beggars belief that nobody seems to have taken charge of ensuring the clear SPFL and government agreed rules were not followed to the letter.

Edited by oaksoft

Things like car sharing should have been a big no-no. Even where I work this was actively discouraged even back in March/April time and things put in place to accommodate the influx of more cars. The only way players could have successfully stayed in a 'bubble' would have all been to stay together 24/7 which not entirely practical or viable. There are many things that I'm sure club should have done better.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Yeah, you're correct.  8 Aberdeen players go out for a piss up and no punishment from the SPFL.

If you're trying to tell me that doesn't deserve similar or worse punishment,  you're at it.

Corrupt. 

You are misunderstanding.

In our case it was a club failing to implement agreed rules.

What rules did Aberdeen FC fail to implement in their case?

5 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Whose to say our players didn’t catch the virus from playing the even diddier team in the league cup who go to their work all week

anyway.......can see this thread hit triple figures

And if we'd been able to show we had followed the rules we'd have probably got away with it.

I'm telling you we are f**king cursed it's as if the gods are conspiring against us if we don't get relegated this season it will be an absolute miracle. I really hope it gets everyone pumped up to get it up the lot of them. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You are misunderstanding.

In our case it was a club failing to implement agreed rules.

What rules did Aberdeen FC fail to implement in their case?

These players are all representatives of Aberdeen and surely have to follow rules out with the training ground or matchday. 

Their actions caused games to be postponed just like our actions did.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

These players are all representatives of Aberdeen and surely have to follow rules out with the training ground or matchday. 

We're going round in circles. The club is being punished for errors the club made in following the rules. That was not the case for Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers.

None of those clubs postponed games. Aberdeen and Celtic were forced to postpone.

If Aberdeen FC had organised that pub outing things would have been different.

I'm not sure why you are not seeing the difference TBH.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, munoz said:

The club can only advise and emphasise the rules players must follow while away from the club.They cannot be held responsible for all players actions away from the club .

It would appear that our club did not put in place the processes to keep players safe while at the club.