Jump to content

The Vaccine


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not at all, it's 10 minutes along the motorway and expressway, I just wondered how the locations are allocated.
Wasn't sure if you drove when I wrote that. The penny has since dropped

At certain times of the day from my Paisley abode....

(Driving legally) I can get to the QEUH quicker than I can get to the RAH.

(Driving the other way) I can get to the GRI quicker than I can get to the RAH.
Link to comment
Share on other sites




I agree that it could delay everyone getting vaccinated if they had to try and find out everyone's job then categorise them accordingly. There was justification for priorities and by and large for what I can see, they got it correct.

PS, No I haven't been vaccinated yet, apparently I'm too young and healthy unlike the auld fat codgers that have been.

Discrimination that's what it is


Hey, we're not auld fat codgers, we're auld fat lazy codgers.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think one poster on here got an appointment at the LJ and phoned up and got their appointment changed to the Lagoon.

That was me. 

Easy 25 min walk was better than driving to Glasgow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Why?

It's absolutely right for the NHS that those most likely to get seriously ill and require months of expensive treatment because of underlying health conditions are vaccinated first.

There's absolutely no justification for putting teachers (or the police for that matter) ahead of anyone else. Those working in supermarkets have a much stronger case for needing protection.

All this is a distraction anyway. Everyone will have had their first dose within the next few months or so.

As a country we'll need to keep a reasonable amount of supplies back for booster jabs. Once we've looked after ourselves we should certainly look to help poorer countries.

Because they have NO CHOICE but to put themselves in the firing line, they have been TOLD they have to put themselves there, so it's only right, IMHO, that the Governments protect them as much as possible. The Governments have put in place many protections for people in my age group who are more likely to suffer disproportionately. There is no magic bullet here but I feel it is that Government's obligation to at least minimalize any danger that causes the people they demand go into the lion's den.

As for the last paragraph. What don't you get about the word "global"? There is no point having a stock of vaccine if, due to less well off countries not having enough to vaccinate their population, the virus mutates to the extent that that stock of vaccine becomes useless.

Edited by stlucifer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Because they have NO CHOICE but to put themselves in the firing line, they have been TOLD they have to put themselves there, so it's only right, IMHO, that the Governments protect them as much as possible. The Governments have put in place many protections for people in my age group who are more likely to suffer disproportionately. There is no magic bullet here but I feel it is that Government's obligation to at least minimalize any danger that causes the people they demand go into the lion's den.

I had, originally, thought there should be some prioritisation for certain groups but the logistics would only see a slowing down in the numbers of people getting treated.

Deciding who should "jump the queue" would only see more squabbling.

While this was going on many in these groups will be getting the vaccine anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Because they have NO CHOICE but to put themselves in the firing line, they have been TOLD they have to put themselves there, so it's only right, IMHO, that the Governments protect them as much as possible. The Governments have put in place many protections for people in my age group who are more likely to suffer disproportionately. There is no magic bullet here but I feel it is that Government's obligation to at least minimalize any danger that causes the people they demand go into the lion's den.

As for the last paragraph. What don't you get about the word "global"? There is no point having a stock of vaccine if, due to less well off countries not having enough to vaccinate their population, the virus mutates to the extent that that stock of vaccine becomes useless.

Oh come on. The "firing line"???? "Lions den"??? 

Are you applying to work as a headline writer for the Daily Mail? :lol:

As for your last paragraph. You obviously were in such a frothing rage to type your post (as you seem to be in every one of your posts these days) that you didn't read mine properly. I had actually agreed with you. My very last sentence in fact.

You need to calm yourself down a bit bud.

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh come on. The "firing line"???? "Lions den"??? 

Are you applying to work as a headline writer for the Daily Mail? :lol:

As for your last paragraph. You obviously were in such a frothing rage to type your post (as you seem to be in every one of your posts these days) that you didn't read mine properly. I had actually agreed with you. My very last sentence in fact.

You need to calm yourself down a bit bud.

Frothing rage? Stupid statement. I read your post completely. Though I have to say that's becoming less and less useful considering the content of your witterings.

And you weren't agreeing with me. You suggested that we look after a stock for booster jabs first. That's not what I was saying therefore you didn't agree. Let me reiterate though I couldn't have been more clear to begin with.

The boosters will be no good if the virus mutates to the extent o f nullifying the vaccine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Frothing rage? Stupid statement. I read your post completely. Though I have to say that's becoming less and less useful considering the content of your witterings.

And you weren't agreeing with me. You suggested that we look after a stock for booster jabs first. That's not what I was saying therefore you didn't agree. Let me reiterate though I couldn't have been more clear to begin with.

The boosters will be no good if the virus mutates to the extent o f nullifying the vaccine.

We both agree fundamentally that spare vaccines should be sent to poorer countries.

We differ on our definition of "spare" and the timings on when vaccines should be sent.

And here is the difference between us.

I prefer to focus on where we agree on things.

You prefer to pick at the scabs of any small differences between us in order to allow you to continue shouting at the clouds in righteous rage.

That's your choice but I prefer sunnier personalities than the one you portray.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We both agree fundamentally that spare vaccines should be sent to poorer countries.

We differ on our definition of "spare" and the timings on when vaccines should be sent.

And here is the difference between us.

I prefer to focus on where we agree on things.

You prefer to pick at the scabs of any small differences between us in order to allow you to continue shouting at the clouds in righteous rage.

That's your choice but I prefer sunnier personalities than the one you portray.

You prefer the "I'm alright Jack" attitude without even contemplating that you might not be if the UK horde vaccines they aren't going to use now. A completely idiotic thing to do. You aren't focussing on what we agree on because you don't want vaccines that aren't being used to be distributed to the countries less able to buy enough to suit their needs. There is no agreement. You want the UK to hold back essential supplies, just in case. That is the fundamental difference between us. Not small by any means. And "shouting at the clouds"? Did you get that from the Beano?

ETA. I'm NOT trying to be righteous. I'm being both logical and selfish. I want to protect me and mine. To do so we need everyone to be vaccinated ASAP. If you can't fathom this then there really is no point trying to explain it to you.

Edited by stlucifer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

You prefer the "I'm alright Jack" attitude without even contemplating that you might not be if the UK horde vaccines they aren't going to use now. A completely idiotic thing to do. You aren't focussing on what we agree on because you don't want vaccines that aren't being used to be distributed to the countries less able to buy enough to suit their needs. There is no agreement. You want the UK to hold back essential supplies, just in case. That is the fundamental difference between us. Not small by any means. And "shouting at the clouds"? Did you get that from the Beano?

ETA. I'm NOT trying to be righteous. I'm being both logical and selfish. I want to protect me and mine. To do so we need everyone to be vaccinated ASAP. If you can't fathom this then there really is no point trying to explain it to you.

Jeezo. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Just back from having jab, easy peasy. Didn't even notice them doing it mind you I give blood and their needles have a bit if a kick to them as a lot bigger.

Yeah, I was there at 3pm today and pretty much the same, didn't feel a thing and I mean literally not figuratively.

Donating blood is a bit different though as they have to use a wider diameter needle and find a vein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both me and my oldest son had the jab yesterday , and it has knocked us both sideways . Horrendous night and day today , cold sweats , shivering , aching bones. Only now am I feeling a wee bit better !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both me and my oldest son had the jab yesterday , and it has knocked us both sideways . Horrendous night and day today , cold sweats , shivering , aching bones. Only now am I feeling a wee bit better !
Hopefully it will pass quickly bud, which one did you get?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, billyg said:

Both me and my oldest son had the jab yesterday , and it has knocked us both sideways . Horrendous night and day today , cold sweats , shivering , aching bones. Only now am I feeling a wee bit better !

It's not unusual, Billy - but I can understand your concern.

I read somewhere (and think I may have mentioned it somewhere earlier in this thread when - Waldorf was it? had a similar poor reaction) that this may be a surprisingly good sign as your body is recognising this comparitively minor threat and is fighting back - so is now better prepared than it would be if it was the full Bhuna hitting you.  :)

There's this from NHS, also

Side effects of the coronavirus vaccines | The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine (nhsinform.scot)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
17 hours ago, billyg said:
Both me and my oldest son had the jab yesterday , and it has knocked us both sideways . Horrendous night and day today , cold sweats , shivering , aching bones. Only now am I feeling a wee bit better !

Hopefully it will pass quickly bud, which one did you get?

It was the Astra jab , still not quite back to normal yet !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 weeks tomorrow since my wife and I had our Astra Oxford vaccine and neither of us has had any reaction, not even a sore arm. I have had Flu vaccine for more years thanI dare to remember, HepB vaccine several times before I got a response, smallpox vaccine at least twice and yellow fever vaccine all without reaction. Only typhoid vaccine caused me any problems and then only a sore arm for a couple of days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...