Jump to content

St Mirren v Celtic


Hendo
 Share

Recommended Posts


I have a great plan to make a mockery of this decision and to embarrass the SPFL. 
I think every time we kick off we should just run up the park and score an own goal. See how many we can rack up in 90 minutes.

Obviously given our lack of goal scoring ability we might miss a couple. So on those occasions Jak (or wee Caleb fae the under 10s - whoever is in goal) would just need to back heal the by kick into our goal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have a great plan to make a mockery of this decision and to embarrass the SPFL. 
I think every time we kick off we should just run up the park and score an own goal. See how many we can rack up in 90 minutes.

Obviously given our lack of goal scoring ability we might miss a couple. So on those occasions Jak (or wee Caleb fae the under 10s - whoever is in goal) would just need to back heal the by kick into our goal. 

Aw naw wait a minute, that would be a corner. 😩😩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a great plan to make a mockery of this decision and to embarrass the SPFL. 
I think every time we kick off we should just run up the park and score an own goal. See how many we can rack up in 90 minutes.
Obviously given our lack of goal scoring ability we might miss a couple. So on those occasions Jak (or wee Caleb fae the under 10s - whoever is in goal) would just need to back heal the by kick into our goal. 
Right Baldrick how's this for a cunning plan.

All dependent on winning toss. We don't kick off.........
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Right Baldrick how's this for a cunning plan.

All dependent on winning toss. We don't kick off.........

Ah now you see we cannae refuse to kick off as I’m sure that would be a breach of some rule. So for your plan to work, we’d need to make it look like we were trying but just kept missing the baw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know who is available. Clearly the earlier stuff about 13 fit inc 3 keepers was nonsense given we haven't met the criteria for a postponement. Be good to know who / how many were available at least to make a decision whether to travel up for the game or give it a miss.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Does anyone know who is available. Clearly the earlier stuff about 13 fit inc 3 keepers was nonsense given we haven't met the criteria for a postponement. Be good to know who / how many were available at least to make a decision whether to travel up for the game or give it a miss.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
 

They were quoting on the radio that we had 10 outfield players and 3 keepers available, but  we were given special permission to recall 4 loan players to make up the numbers. Don’t know how reliable the info was?

As far as being made play the game, as soon as you have to recall young loan players from other clubs to scrape together a team the game should be postponed. We often hear “sporting integrity” getting banded about. That looks laughable if the rumours of numbers are true.


I’d also be interested to know if Celtic are urgently trying to push through postponing our game tomorrow or they just want the winter break to conveniently start after they’ve played the Buddies ballboys??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

They were quoting on the radio that we had 10 outfield players and 3 keepers available, but  we were given special permission to recall 4 loan players to make up the numbers. Don’t know how reliable the info was?

As far as being made play the game, as soon as you have to recall young loan players from other clubs to scrape together a team the game should be postponed. We often hear “sporting integrity” getting banded about. That looks laughable if the rumours of numbers are true.


I’d also be interested to know if Celtic are urgently trying to push through postponing our game tomorrow or they just want the winter break to conveniently start after they’ve played the Buddies ballboys??

There's a tweet from a fairly reliable poster saying that only three of the players who started v Hibs are available !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

They were quoting on the radio that we had 10 outfield players and 3 keepers available, but  we were given special permission to recall 4 loan players to make up the numbers. Don’t know how reliable the info was?

As far as being made play the game, as soon as you have to recall young loan players from other clubs to scrape together a team the game should be postponed. We often hear “sporting integrity” getting banded about. That looks laughable if the rumours of numbers are true.


I’d also be interested to know if Celtic are urgently trying to push through postponing our game tomorrow or they just want the winter break to conveniently start after they’ve played the Buddies ballboys??

Wasn't that before more positive tests were announced this morning?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game goes ahead in a building which has a confirmed covid outbreak putting more people at risk. Somebody in the league set must really hate us. Would Renfrewshire council have the power to shut the stadium down to control the spread of infection ?

The spfl shouldn’t have the power to decide this. It isn’t a football matter, it’s a public health issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...