Who do you want in the Scottish Cup 1/4 Final?

W6er

Celtic (Raith - unlikely)

Dundee (Peterhead - unlikely)

Dundee Utd

Hearts

Hibs/Arbroath 

Rangers

Motherwell

I'd like to avoid either of the Old Firm. I generally prefer away ties, and I believe our away form is better, so would fancy Dundee or Arbroath away. 

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Dundee Utd

Hearts

Hibs/Arbroath 

Rangers

Motherwell

I'd like to avoid either of the Old Firm. I generally prefer away ties, and I believe our away form is better, so would fancy Dundee or Arbroath away. 

Different view. Anyone at home but would prefer to avoid the OF purely to avoid the “two stands “ discussion. 

if away then Motherwell , One of the Dundee Teams or Arbroath (unlikely)or Raith Rovers (unlikely)

9 hours ago, W6er said:

Dundee Utd

Hearts

Hibs/Arbroath 

Rangers

Motherwell

I don't mind any of the @rsecheeks at home. Better that than getting them at Hampden. But a wee trip to Arbroath would be magic. We could give them an early guard of honour for winning the league.

Edited by stlucifer

9 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I don't mind any of the @rsecheeks at home. Better that than getting them at Hampden. But a wee trip to Arbroath would be magic. We could give them an early guard of honour for winning the league.

You were probably thinking that in 2013 too mate 😀

But generally I agree with you. More chance on our ain midden.

Id sooner they drew each other mind. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Celtic or Rangers away I believe we would get half the gate money and if word on street about us losing money hand over fist is true it would help out until McGinn gets sold for mega money and we get our cut.

Obviously you think we will have a great chance of winning against these teams away from home. 

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

Nope but I also don't think we have any chance  of winning it so be as well get as much cash as  possible.

With that logic, then staying in till the final dictates you should want Saints to progress as easily as possible.  Even losing the final means more money than out in the next round.

duh…

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

With that logic, then staying in till the final dictates you should want Saints to progress as easily as possible.  Even losing the final means more money than out in the next round.

duh…

Elvis and logic? In the same sentence?

The obvious problem is the Old Firm, who are both looking very, very strong. However, as @linwood buddie pointed out, if the Old Firm draw one another then one of them is eliminated. A favourable draw is imperative.

Peterhead at home would be the best we can now hope for. Personally I enjoy an away trip, and I'd be happy to just avoid the Old Firm.

I do think we have a team capable of beating the Old Firm, btw, but only if we play like we did against Rangers in the first 35 minutes of the home game, but for the entire match. We were absolutely brilliant. We have some class players - Jordan Jones and Connor Ronan being particularly notable. 

3 hours ago, elvis said:

Celtic or Rangers away I believe we would get half the gate money and if word on street about us losing money hand over fist is true it would help out until McGinn gets sold for mega money and we get our cut.

Haven't heard that rumour Elvis.

Dundee United at home would be my preference.

Edited by magnus

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Haven't heard that rumour Elvis.

Dundee United at home would be my preference.

Over Peterhead? Or even Dundee? If the latter I presume you're thinking about form.

Does anyone have any idea what the prize money is for each round? @shull - you're usually good at finding stuff like that, sir! :) 

7 minutes ago, W6er said:

Over Peterhead? Or even Dundee? If the latter I presume you're thinking about form.

Does anyone have any idea what the prize money is for each round? @shull - you're usually good at finding stuff like that, sir! :) 

For not the first time.....

I haven't a clue.

Sorry 😙

13 hours ago, elvis said:

These kind of rumours have been going about for years while we have been continuing to live within our means.

We recently got money for McGrath, Macpherson and cut our wage bill offloading McAllister, Dennis, and the two above. Some younger guys went out on loan too.

Given the possibility of finishing higher than 7th, I'm sure we'll be in the black...

Whose spreading the rumours?

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

These kind of rumours have been going about for years while we have been continuing to live within our means.

We recently got money for McGrath, Macpherson and cut our wage bill offloading McAllister, Dennis, and the two above. Some younger guys went out on loan too.

Given the possibility of finishing higher than 7th, I'm sure we'll be in the black...

Whose spreading the rumours?

It seemingly was said the last smisa meeting on zoom.