Welcome Toyosi Olusanya

• 1 year later...

Don’t mind admitting that after his early games with us & his subsequent slide to Arbroaths bench last season I wondered why we had given him a two year deal .

Early this season he showed some real improvement before slipping back to mediocre again ……however , two goals in two games which helped secure 4 points where 0 looked the most likely outcome has most certainly earned him massive brownie points from me .  
He is still very raw , spends as much time on his arse as on his feet and still needs to remember to take the ball with him at times but let’s hope he can continue the form of the last couple of games and more. 

43 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t mind admitting that after his early games with us & his subsequent slide to Arbroaths bench last season I wondered why we had given him a two year deal .

Early this season he showed some real improvement before slipping back to mediocre again ……however , two goals in two games which helped secure 4 points where 0 looked the most likely outcome has most certainly earned him massive brownie points from me .  
He is still very raw , spends as much time on his arse as on his feet and still needs to remember to take the ball with him at times but let’s hope he can continue the form of the last couple of games and more. 

Have faith in SR... Scott will be a player also....  looking good all over park and Strain to come back soon.... 4th or 5th would be amazing... 

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It's not just the goals. It's the manner of them. Actual striker type goals. Long may it continue.

As has been previously pointed out by many of us, it is clear that Robinson and O'Carroll (and possibly other coaching staff) have the knack of getting the full potential out of many players - I don't need to list the examples here - it is beyond arguement, but Olusanya is just one example.

All the more reason to ensure that we negotiate a deal to ensure their continued employment at the SMISA Stadium.

Everything in the garden seems rosy at present with the anticipated return to form and fitness of several key players.

However, that situation could change in an instant, if our management team (including Keith Lasley) were to be poached by a wealthier club, such as our old friends from Pittodrie.

17 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The fact that he seems to do better from the bench might indicate that he is being briefed by the coaches and knows exactly what to do by the time he gets on the field. He is good at upsetting a game that has settled into a pattern.

the next step is for him to read the game better when starting and having a wee bit more variety 

At that point we will have quite a player on our hands

19 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Couldn't disagree with any of this,  His pace is frightening that even the ball can't keep up with him  :)

In A Hurry Goodbye GIF by Looney Tunes