Tony Watt

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well, all I say is we might miss what he might have done in the upcoming matches, but we certainly won’t miss what he’s done to date. 

Aside from his goal against Livingston which he took incredibly well his goal return is not great.

I had hoped he would go on a purple patch of scoring to try and secure a new deal and give a GIRFUY message to United. 

Gutted for him. But hopefully the scan is ok and he can get back playing before end of season to play an important part.

Edited by Albanian Buddy

I expected a lot more from than what we got which was pretty much the square root of nothing. 

Did he ever even last 90 mins on the pitch  🤔

No harm to him, but i hope he not with us next season. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:13 PM, beyond our ken said:

Which is really not a lot

Well Grieve did provide the best performance yesterday.  I think along with Strain he covered more square yards than any of our team, took the goal well too.  Physically, he is not suited to the role he is asked to play and I long to see a Saints striker perfect the art of arriving late to shoot from the edge of the box.  Aside from Main we do not have the phsyicality or art to play a 6 yard box game for 90 minutes.  We need to get wide more often and look for more cut-backs  

Nothing to lose now, we have four free hits before we reach the close season. Four opportunities to try something different with the squad we have available to us.

My suggestion is to stick Gogic up front alongside Main. He won't get bullied and he has already proved he knows where the goal is. Worth a try IMO.

Any other wild ideas out there ?

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Nothing to lose now, we have four free hits before we reach the close season. Four opportunities to try something different with the squad we have available to us.

My suggestion is to stick Gogic up front alongside Main. He won't get bullied and he has already proved he knows where the goal is. Worth a try IMO.

Big joe up front with main. Grieve out on the wing. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

No. Grieve played and scored yesterday. He should and will retain his place.

Jamieson showed more in his 15 minutes than Offord has in his late appearances which is understandable as Jamieson is two years older and more physically developed so should be our option from the bench.

Starting a defender or midfield player up front as they won't be bullied is absolute suicide.

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think when you have 4 games all to play for its not really a free hit. Beat Hearts on Saturday, Hibs lose to Celtic and we are back to level. Every team capable of taking points off each other.